Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Have we been rumored to be interested it anyone else? Or just plan on losing everyone and counting on draft picks and undrafted free agents?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have we been rumored to be interested it anyone else? Or just plan on losing everyone and counting on draft picks and undrafted free agents?
Rams dont need any upgrades. The draft and in house is all we need. The problem with the roster was QB, and 4th WR, and the Rams took care of it. The lack of activity means total confidence in who they have/who they'll draft
I know this because I read that here.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Rams dont need any upgrades. The draft and in house is all we need. The problem with the roster was QB, and 4th WR, and the Rams took care of it. The lack of activity means total confidence in who they have/who they'll draft
I know this because I read that here.
I'll add opposite EDGE, 2 ILBs, another CB, and C to the list of on paper problems.

dang

Legend
I wish I had your hope!
I don’t want hope. I don’t want adequate. I want improvement in areas of weakness. QB and deep threat have been addressed. OL, Edge 2 and a sideline to sideline ILB stud are not. Adequate in these areas got the Rams to the playoffs last year. Improvement moves the needle to Contender this year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don’t want hope. I don’t want adequate. I want improvement in areas of weakness. QB and deep threat have been addressed. OL, Edge 2 and a sideline to sideline ILB stud are not. Adequate in these areas got the Rams to the playoffs last year. Improvement moves the needle to Contender this year.
But how can all those areas possibly be addressed with limited cap space and a handful of draft choices, starting with #’s 57 and 88.

The Rams used a ton of resources (draft picks and 2021 cap space) to get Stafford. The cupboard is not entirely bare but you can see the back wall.

dang

Legend
But how can all those areas possibly be addressed with limited cap space and a handful of draft choices, starting with #’s 57 and 88.

The Rams used a ton of resources (draft picks and 2021 cap space) to get Stafford. The cupboard is not entirely bare but you can see the back wall.
So off top of my head. Ben Garland and Round 2/3 OC improves Ol. KJ Wright would be phenomenal but LJ Fort at ILB improves ILB. Round 3 adds to Edge.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So off top of my head. Ben Garland and Round 2/3 OC improves Ol. KJ Wright would be phenomenal but LJ Fort at ILB improves ILB. Round 3 adds to Edge.
OK. That’s reasonable and well thought out.

I thought you were frustrated the Rams had not done more just ten days into the start of the League Year.

Much of the above is Draft related; and the players you mentioned are all still available. So the Rams can still do all the above. Don’t know that I see as much in the veterans you mentioned. I like Kiser a lot; and have my fingers crossed with Howard (the projected 2020 starters).

As for veterans that have not signed in the past ten days, my thought is that most have simply not gotten the type of offers they wanted and are being patient. Those free agents, and the three you mentioned above may be among them, will have to wait; and may have to take less to continue their careers.

That’s not likely to happen until later in the off-season (we’re 10 days in). The Rams may not fill out roster needs with veteran signings until post-Draft, when many free agent vets have to make a decision and their options are limited.