Are The Minnesota Vikings In Play For A Trade Up To Draft A Qb?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OhioRam

Rookie
To move 2 to 8 they have to offer a nice package.
first next year
2nd and maybe 3rd this year.
JM look good with both Petersons and Jennings
This may be a team to look out for that may pull a deal off.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
To move 2 to 8 they have to offer a nice package.
steve-carell.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have a nice package that "moves" from 5 to 9 or 9 to 5 depending upon environmental uhhhh ........factors:jerkoff: and others:bigup:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I see your point but if you're going to move, why not make the commitment to "your" guy and go up to 2 to get pick of the litter? If I'm the MIN GM I do exactly that while A. Peterson is still a viable RB. I know it would be more costly but standing pat and "waiting for the draft" to come to them is what has gotten them Ponder. I think they are definitely in play as a trade partner.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I see your point but if you're going to move, why not make the commitment to "your" guy and go up to 2 to get pick of the litter? If I'm the MIN GM I do exactly that while A. Peterson is still a viable RB. I know it would be more costly but standing pat and "waiting for the draft" to come to them is what has gotten them Ponder. I think they are definitely in play as a trade partner.

I agree with that and I will add that Tampa will be in the mix as well so those two may end up in a little bidding war. It's not probable to get what we did from the Redskins but the remote possibility warms my heart lol.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I agree with that and I will add that Tampa will be in the mix as well so those two may end up in a little bidding war. It's not probable to get what we did from the Redskins but the remote possibility warms my heart lol.
A man can hope! I, too, would be surprised by a deal such as we got from WAS but I don't think a 1, 2 and a 1 next year is out of the question.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
BRF the draft value chart would tell us that swapping the 2 for the 8 would be worth a first and a third next year along with this years second I believe.

I thought I read that somewhere that the points equal out with that deal. But there could be added pressure because SIX teams in the top eight slots need a QB. That kind of pressure makes normally smart people do very dumb things. Maybe not Schneider level dumb but one can hope lol.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
BRF the draft value chart would tell us that swapping the 2 for the 8 would be worth a first and a third next year along with this years second I believe.

I thought I read that somewhere that the points equal out with that deal. But there could be added pressure because SIX teams in the top eight slots need a QB. That kind of pressure makes normally smart people do very dumb things. Maybe not Schneider level dumb but one can hope lol.
I'm willing to take that today! C'mon Les, make it happen!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Is that trade chart even relevant anymore? I thought it changed drastically after the rookie pay scale was implemented.

tonyl711

Starter
my dream scenario goes like this, 1)we trade with Cleveland get their #4 pick and a second rounder this year, another first for next year. 2) we trade out of #4 to Atlanta, getting their #6 pick plus a second rounder for this year and a first or second for next year. that would give us 2 first rounders, 3 second rounders and 2 third rounders this year, plus 2 or 3 first rounders and 1 or 2 second rounders next year. 5 picks in the first 45 picks would be huge, 7 picks out of the top 77 would damn near give me a woody.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Is that trade chart even relevant anymore? I thought it changed drastically after the rookie pay scale was implemented.

If anything it would make rookies more valuable because of the lower cost.

One of the guys on the Herd said he reviewed drafts since the new CBA and that they all seemed to fit the parameters of the original chart Jimmy Johnson came up with. Maybe GMs are using it because it's a standard, or has been, and so makes doing deals easier.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How long has it been since the Vikings had a good young gun Thrower? The Vikings have been trying to land a QB for a very long time...wonder how that plays into it? Vikings played this type of odds a few yrs back and lost out bad with Ponder now they are back facing this same negative dilemma again. I wonder if they will take that chance again.

They had three first round selections in the 2013 draft so they have some young play-makers on the team. Just no QB. I would say it's a big gamble to think that one of the big three will still be on the board @#8. Even the Bucs could pull the trigger on a QB along with The Texans @ #1, Jags @#3, Browns @ #4 & Raiders @#5.

I just do not think that Snead would want to be @ #8. It would have to come @ a big price.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They have Norv Turner. He doesn't seem like he'd be a Johnny Football guy.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
They have Norv Turner. He doesn't seem like he'd be a Johnny Football guy.

I agree. All the more reason to give what's needed to get to 2 in my opinion. Hell, there's even a chance Bridgewater is available at 2 if the Texans go all Mario again. I just don't see the trade being done early like it was with the 'Skins. This will be a draft day trade after the Texans have shown their hand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Long way to go... But I agree with the general tone; this won't be an RG3 haul and likely a draft day deal... I also think Minnesota is the front runner.

They are one season removed from the playoffs. They have dwindling years with AP. They need a QB or the season is basically lost.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'd say no. Why? Moving to #8 probably takes the Rams out of the mix for Robinson, Clowney, Matthews, or Watkins. IMO, it would take an RGIII type deal to even consider such a move.