Are the Bears following “The Jaguars Blueprint”?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I saw this article title, and thought... interesting.

The parallels.... Ouch! Lol.

The Foles trade seemed a head scratcher at the time.

Bears Are Clearly the New Jaguars and Will Decimate Their Defense Soon

It's absolutely shameful to see a talented team like the Chicago Bears struggle due to the play of the quarterback. The Bears' defense ranks as one of the best in the league the past two seasons, but were let down by Mitchell Trubisky's lack of progress through his first three seasons. There's no way things can get worse, right? Right?

Well, based off recent history, the Bears are heading down the same path as the Jacksonville Jaguars, who are now destined for the basement of the NFL standings.

View: https://twitter.com/pff_moo/status/1257030998136676355?s=21

That's right, Bears fans. We don't blame you if you have to vomit.

The 2017-18 Jaguars teams boasted the most talented defense in the league, which included the likes of Calais Campbell, Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack. Even though they smacked around the opposition, they were held back by the terrible play of quarterback Blake Bortles. Yes, he played admirably in their playoff run to the AFC Championship Game, but once he was handed a bloated contract, the Jaguars imploded.

Bortles was handed his walking papers just one year into his massive deal. Even the team acquiring Nick Foles couldn't save them from their downward spiral. In just two years, the Jaguars moved on from Campbell, Ramsey, AJ Bouye, Malik Jackson, Tashaun Gipson, Barry Church and Aaron Colvin. All that talent from the "Sacksonville defense" gone due to poor front office management.

This is a nightmare scenario for the Bears. Just imagine if the team cuts ties with or trades the likes of Khalil Mack, Roquan Smith, Eddie Jackson and Akiem Hicks, for example. There would be riots in the streets of Chicago!

Bears fans, just hope that the Philadelphia Eagles' version of Foles shows up in the Windy City.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Franchises relying on Nick Foles are seriously desperate. Fools gold.

How Ryan Pace still has a job is beyond me.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I thought the Rams imploded under Martz. Jacksonville went Supernova under Coughlin... that Defense... I can’t imagine if they’d had another 2 years together...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Their problems start with their coaching hire. Have you seen Nagy's postgame words or any other vids for that matter where he's addressing the team? He's too whiny, I don't see him as the type of guy that grown men are going to follow from a leadership/personality perspective and while he's a solid OC he's not special in that way.

IMO they'll be making a change in the next year or two for sure.

Ram65

Legend
The Bears picked the wrong QB and wasted draft picks to trade to get him. Now they trade a fourth pick for Foles. Wasted picks and time with Trubisky. Hicks getting hurt was a big set back for the defense. The defense is going to keep them in games. They had Cole Kmet at TE. They can compete in the division. Too bad they traded away so many picks and still have questions at QB.

www.google.com/search?q=Chicago+Bears+trade+to+get+trubisky&gs_ivs=1#tts=0

One of those players, as it turned out, was North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. The Bears traded the Nos. 3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick, to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for the second overall pick.

Psycho_X

Legend
One of those players, as it turned out, was North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. The Bears traded the Nos. 3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick, to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for the second overall pick.

Still completely befuddled at trading that much shit to move one spot. Whiners totally made them look like idiots there. Luckily, the whiners completely screwed up all of the picks they got for that trade too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hopefully in the coming years the Rams can acquire some of the better parts of a dismantled defense to fill some holes. Bring on the friends of Coach Haley.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This offseason was rare. There were decent starting QB options available... and the Bears elect to trade (spent draft capital) to acquire Foles and his bloated contract.

One of the biggest head-scratchers of the offseason, for me.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Their problems start with their coaching hire. Have you seen Nagy's postgame words or any other vids for that matter where he's addressing the team? He's too whiny, I don't see him as the type of guy that grown men are going to follow from a leadership/personality perspective and while he's a solid OC he's not special in that way.

IMO they'll be making a change in the next year or two for sure.

Nagy.... Ugh... that guy ALWAYS thinks he's the smartest person in the room... and he constantly out thinks himself into something very trivial and idiotic.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still completely befuddled at trading that much shit to move one spot. Whiners totally made them look like idiots there. Luckily, the whiners completely screwed up all of the picks they got for that trade too.

What was it about that qb that they thought someone would jump them? I think everyone in the world was shocked it wasn't Watson.

Is it the same gm that traded for foles? How does he still have a job?