Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters disagree on toughest Rams WR to cover

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
gettyimages-1038626452.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 5 hours ago

While the Los Angeles Rams’ offensive linemen have the difficult task of blocking Aaron Donald in practice, their cornerbacks are faced with the challenge of covering a deep group of receivers. Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods might be the best trio in the NFL, and if you add in Josh Reynolds, it’s undoubtedly one of the deepest, too.

Locking up any of the four is a challenge, as evidenced by their numbers a season ago. Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib face that test every day in practice and when asked who’s the toughest to cover, they had different answers.

That shows just how good all of the Rams’ receivers are.

“Cooper Kupp! Cooper Kupp, that’s a nice route!” Peters declared, without much hesitation. “It’s hard, but I’m going Cooper Kupp.”

The question was then posed to Talib.

“I’m gonna go Bob Woods. I’ll go Woody,” he said. “I say Woody because Woody’s got that straight-line speed and he’s got the quickness, the shiftiness so it’s the best of both worlds. He’s a tough tackle, so I feel like he might not be a 10 in everything, but he’s a consistent 8 1/2 across the board in everything, so that’s tough.”

Peters was asked again about Kupp and what makes him so good. He even declared the third-year wideout the best slot receiver in the NFL.

“He’s got it. Best slot in the game, for sure,” Peters said. “If he gets you at the top [of the route], it’s over. It’s over. It’s A.I.”

Kupp’s 2018 season was unfortunately cut short due to injury, but he’s been on the field at training camp and is ready for Week 1. With him back in the mix next to Cooks and Woods, Jared Goff will have his full cast of receivers available.

Opposing secondaries will have their hands full this season when it comes to covering the Rams’ “four-headed monster,” as it’s been called this offseason.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/30/nfl-rams-toughest-wr-cover-talib-peters-woods-kupp/

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
gettyimages-1038626452.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 5 hours ago

While the Los Angeles Rams’ offensive linemen have the difficult task of blocking Aaron Donald in practice, their cornerbacks are faced with the challenge of covering a deep group of receivers. Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods might be the best trio in the NFL, and if you add in Josh Reynolds, it’s undoubtedly one of the deepest, too.

Locking up any of the four is a challenge, as evidenced by their numbers a season ago. Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib face that test every day in practice and when asked who’s the toughest to cover, they had different answers.

That shows just how good all of the Rams’ receivers are.

“Cooper Kupp! Cooper Kupp, that’s a nice route!” Peters declared, without much hesitation. “It’s hard, but I’m going Cooper Kupp.”

The question was then posed to Talib.

“I’m gonna go Bob Woods. I’ll go Woody,” he said. “I say Woody because Woody’s got that straight-line speed and he’s got the quickness, the shiftiness so it’s the best of both worlds. He’s a tough tackle, so I feel like he might not be a 10 in everything, but he’s a consistent 8 1/2 across the board in everything, so that’s tough.”

Peters was asked again about Kupp and what makes him so good. He even declared the third-year wideout the best slot receiver in the NFL.

“He’s got it. Best slot in the game, for sure,” Peters said. “If he gets you at the top [of the route], it’s over. It’s over. It’s A.I.”

Kupp’s 2018 season was unfortunately cut short due to injury, but he’s been on the field at training camp and is ready for Week 1. With him back in the mix next to Cooks and Woods, Jared Goff will have his full cast of receivers available.

Opposing secondaries will have their hands full this season when it comes to covering the Rams’ “four-headed monster,” as it’s been called this offseason.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/30/nfl-rams-toughest-wr-cover-talib-peters-woods-kupp/

Kupp "Best slot in the game, for sure." I'm not gonna argue with an expert.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Marcus Peters has a tremendous amount of respect for Kupp.

I remember seeing things similar last offseason and into the season.

"Cooper Kupp's a dog bro" - Sean Mcvay

"If he gets you at the top of the route it's over. It's A.I." - Marcus Peters (with Talib heavily agreeing)

Can't wait to see Kupp out there playing again.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Woods runs some routes so pretty I see flashes of Ike Bruce.
Kupp gets crazy separation consistently. He’s a really underrated and smooth athlete for 6’2. He’s got the short area burst and intelligence to find the perfect spot to be in for Goff. He’s gonna destroy if he’s healthy.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
What a great thread. Been a long time since we could say that, and I say that a lot.
Cooks is hard to cover, ya, but Woods runs the best routes & Kupp will break your ankles. Reynolds learning to high point, and looks like we got a couple guys (Thomas, Webster?) who are looking to step up.
But, if you were to ask me who's our most valuable WR right now.... would I be crazy to say Kupp?? he's like Goff's security blanket out of the slot. He breaks ankles AND tackles. And at 6'2, he's bigger than his LB brother, and stouter than Reynolds. I'm really, really hoping he stays healthy this year.