AP Pro32-Power Rankings--Rams #17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Let's look at it like this.

They have us at the 9th best team in the NFC. Let's climbed a few spots and make the playoffs.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I know it's just a poll of 12 people, but how bad is the AFC?

6 of the worst 7 teams are all from the AFC. When I was looking at that bottom 7, I pretty much agreed. Man, I wish the Rams played in the AFC

They are for now.
The pendulum swings back and forth.
In a few years the NFC will be the weaker conference again, then visa versa......

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
I ranked the Rams just ahead of my wife's beloved Steelers, the Cardinals and Panthers moving up to #14. I don't see drop off from our defense or special teams which should be ranked fairly high this year, and expect the offense to be slightly improved. The Rams had a top draft and didn't really lose any valuable free agents, so with expected improved play calling / scheming on both sides of the ball we will be better than projected by the AP.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Don't forget about Eddie Lacy! A healthy Rodgers with Lacy is tough

Word. He really would've looked nice in blue and gold.

Not convinced that Carolina will be as good. Tampa Bay could be the sleeper in the division though. It's not like they were completely lacking in talent and Lovie is an experienced coach that can put build a defense.

I'm just not very high on the NFC North. I think it's the weakest division in the NFC. The Vikings wen 5-10-1 last year. They were not swept by any team in their division. Basically the NFC North was bad enough that the Vikings were able to compete in it. They were 2-3-1 in their division. Packers may be the best team in their division but they aren't the 5th best team in the league. Even with adding Peppers, a healthy Rodgers, Matthews, and Cobb.

Dude that 4 star players, plus Eddie Lacy (which I forgot all about) + HaHa Clinton-Dix...that's pretty good. They were like 5-2 before all the injuries hit, so there's no reason why they can't do better.

Bears? Too inconsistent. Vikings? Maybe. Lions always have potential, hardly ever live up to it.

ATL is a train wreck. With the offensive jettison Carolina had, I think they take a step back, if only because their D will be seeing the field more. TB. Meh on the QB front.

The Saints offense I think has some real explosion again. Brees will have fun with Brandin Cooks. Lots of fun. Fastest release in the NFL with a lightning quick WR like that?

Train wreck? They just added an anchor with the most NFL ready OT Jake Matthews. They have a decent LT with Sam Baker.

Matt Ryan will get both Julio Jones and Roddy White back, and SJack won't get that much of a work load. He's got IMO 1 more good year left. A new 3-4 defense might struggle a bit, oveall tho they have some experienced players in place. They are far from a train wreck.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm thinking the Rams are definitely better than some of the teams ranked above them. But I prefer to be ranked where we are and hope that we are overlooked. It will make it all the more surprising when we do something.

One of the many aspects I loved about the '99 season is how quickly the Rams were dismissed going into the season. That view had some inertia, as it really took a while for other teams, the league as a whole, and the media to take the Rams seriously, by which time they had already crushed a number of opponents, including the hated 49ers.

Not saying that there will be a repeat of '99 this year, but I do hope the Rams being overlooked allows for us to get some similar momentum going before everybody else wakes up to the new reality.