Anyone like how Tre Mason has looked lately?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I know that I pictured a few games with a Gurley-Mason combo running wild

With a few carries, he's looks like he has his burst back

Rams should be getting more from the run game

fancents86

Starter
Mason has been really good these last two games. Not so much from the line of scrimmage but when he's out catching the balls. Very elusive and hard to tackle.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He looks healthy again. I'm still not diggin the frosted dreads though.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
He's really elusive in space when catching the ball.

He would be elusive in space when rushing but there's never any space to be elusive in :unsure:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Looks small to me and he fumbles too actually I would rather go with Cunningham, he blocks better and catches the ball better too, IMHO. I don't think Mason has gotten over the Gurley pick and that has had a lingering affect on his play.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's looked good catching the ball out of the backfield. Which is good and all, but at what cost? When Gurley is only getting 9 carries and no targets why do we even put Mason in? Not like Gurley needs a breather with that workload, and he's more than capable of receiving. If we were giving Gurley even 15 touches a game, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Mason is obviously a talented back. We saw that last year. He's not an elite talent like Gurley but there is nothing wrong with RBs that are simply above average. Glad to have him on board. He's now healthy again and, unsurprisingly, looking good. Let's enjoy him while we can. Not only are we spoiled to have a #2 RB this good but once his contract is up I am sure he will leave in an attempt to land a starting gig elsewhere. As he should. He isn't even splitting carries with Gurley (understandable, since Gurley is one of those rare true bell cows). He could at least get split carries elsewhere.

I don't think he fumbles that much. All RBs will fumble occasionally. Gurley actually had 2 or 3 drops in one game alone vs Arizona if I recall. I do with Mason would block better. To his credit, he seems to have improved that aspect of his game a bit.

fearsomefour

Legend
I really like the Gurley/Mason combo. He has had a couple of nice runs the last couple of weeks. I don't mind the frosted dreads either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the 2 headed running monster we have.
Now if they had a hole larger than the head of a pin to run thru, we'd be on to something

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mason is obviously a talented back. We saw that last year. He's not an elite talent like Gurley but there is nothing wrong with RBs that are simply above average. Glad to have him on board. He's now healthy again and, unsurprisingly, looking good. Let's enjoy him while we can. Not only are we spoiled to have a #2 RB this good but once his contract is up I am sure he will leave in an attempt to land a starting gig elsewhere. As he should. He isn't even splitting carries with Gurley (understandable, since Gurley is one of those rare true bell cows). He could at least get split carries elsewhere.

I don't think he fumbles that much. All RBs will fumble occasionally. Gurley actually had 2 or 3 drops in one game alone vs Arizona if I recall. I do with Mason would block better. To his credit, he seems to have improved that aspect of his game a bit.
I think he's an above average RB... obviously, Gurley outshines him... but he's pretty good in his own right.

I think he'd be a player who, if the Rams let him go, would do very well on a decent offense.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Whatever, I think the frosted dreads look great. :D

I like the way he's been producing. Maybe we should move him to wide receiver if he isn't getting any carries? He can't be any worse than the guys we're putting out now (Austin aside).

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'd like to see Gurley, Austin, and Mason all on the field at the same time. Perhaps line them all up in the backfield to open up another pitch, hand off, fake options to give the defense more of a "which way did he go" read. All those three guys need is a step or two and they're going for a chunk of yards.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'd like to see Gurley, Austin, and Mason all on the field at the same time. Perhaps line them all up in the backfield to open up another pitch, hand off, fake options to give the defense more of a "which way did he go" read. All those three guys need is a step or two and they're going for a chunk of yards.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, maybe Rob Boras will have a Jim Bob Cooter-like effect on the offense here.
(you have never, and will never again, see that written on a Rams message board)