Anyone interested in doing phone interviews with classic rock stars?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This is from Jeb Wright over at ClassicRockRevisited:
http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/interviews.php
I am looking for some responsible, rock writers who like all genres of classic rock to do some phone interviews. As usual, pay is nothing...looking for passionate people who want to pad their resumes and get their names out there. Must be good, quick, professional, reliable and free. :sneaky:

You can email me at classicrockrevisited@yahoo.com if interested. Not promising anything...just wondering if anyone is out there that is interested in stuff from Asia to Megadeth LOL.
I would do it but I tend to stutter over the phone. :mad:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not your guy but would love to listen to the phone interviews.

The phone interviews are transcribed and then posted on the site. Btw they could use an editor. Too many spelling errors.

fearsomefour

Legend
Interesting....nothing like working for free.
I have often thought the questions in interview with old time rockers....or even younger music stars....fall into one of two categories; Super vague questions they have been asked 1000 times...."So, you played Woodstock, what was that like?" Or, the reporter wants party stories. I often thought doing interviews for more musician based sites as opposed to fan sites would be fun. Try to pick their brain about specifics of writing, practicing, technique, recording ect. But, that has a pretty limited audience probably.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I have often thought the questions in interview with old time rockers....or even younger music stars....fall into one of two categories; Super vague questions they have been asked 1000 times...."So, you played Woodstock, what was that like?" Or, the reporter wants party stories. I often thought doing interviews for more musician based sites as opposed to fan sites would be fun. Try to pick their brain about specifics of writing, practicing, technique, recording ect. But, that has a pretty limited audience probably.

Musicians like me would love those kinds of questions being asked. But I do love stories about the old days, jamming with Jimi Hendrix, partying with Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison, etc. TapeOp magazine, which is free and online, covers recording techniques.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I always want to know what inspired a song, and learn about the choice of lyrics. I like reading lyrics, it's amazing how often we don't have the meaning and words correct.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
This sounds cool. However, I don't know if I would be interested in committing the time and I'm certainly not interested in padding my resume. The only way I personally would be interested is if I could partner with you, PT, where you could do most of the writing and if you would like I would do the speaking on your behalf during the actual interview.

I believe though that my son would totally eat this opportunity up. He is a student at Saint Louis University and very interested in music like the both of us. He works at the local independent station (KDHX) and has a show on the university station. He I believe would love this opportunity and I will certainly share with him this information. Thanks and Rock On!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This sounds cool. However, I don't know if I would be interested in committing the time and I'm certainly not interested in padding my resume. The only way I personally would be interested is if I could partner with you, PT, where you could do most of the writing and if you would like I would do the speaking on your behalf during the actual interview.

I believe though that my son would totally eat this opportunity up. He is a student at Saint Louis University and very interested in music like the both of us. He works at the local independent station (KDHX) and has a show on the university station. He I believe would love this opportunity and I will certainly share with him this information. Thanks and Rock On!

I'd be willing to do the writing. I sent this to my son as well. He has a BA in English and Psychology and is working on his Masters now. He's also a music fanatic. But he doesn't seem to be interested in this particular project. Oh well.