anyone have mcshays newest mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shawnbb158

Starter
I don't have insider so I was wondering how that looked plus the updated top prospects he has posted. Thanks in advance .

Agamemnon

Rookie
Print and Go Back ESPN.com: NFC West [Print without images]

Wednesday, March 6, 2013
NFC West look at McShay's latest '13 mock
By Mike Sando

A few thoughts after checking out Todd McShay's latest first-round draft Insider projections for NFC West teams:

7. Arizona Cardinals: McShay sends West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith to the Cardinals even though he says Smith doesn't get a first-round grade. Mock drafts are mostly about filling perceived needs. Quarterback is more than a perceived need for the Cardinals. It's a real one. McShay was in a tough spot with this projection because no one knows how Arizona might address the position before the draft. Moves such as signing Kevin Kolb to a cheaper deal and/or adding a veteran such as Matt Cassel will determine how badly the Cardinals need a quarterback in the draft. Andrew Luck and Ben Roethlisberger are the quarterbacks new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has worked with most recently. Smith lacks the commanding physical presence those quarterbacks possess, but so do most prospects.

16. St. Louis Rams: McShay sends another West Virginia prospect to the NFC West by projecting receiver Tavon Austin as the Rams' choice at No. 16. This one makes sense on multiple levels. Austin has been a breakaway threat as a runner and receiver. The Rams could certainly use that element in their offense. Austin would provide some protection for losing receiver Danny Amendola either this offseason or in the future. He also has shown the shiftiness and acceleration to pump life into the Rams' weak return game. Austin is 5-foot-8 and 174 pounds, raising questions about durability. He has not missed a game to injury in college, however.

22. St. Louis Rams: Florida State offensive tackle Menelik Watson is the projection in this spot. The Rams do need help at tackle. Watson has played only one year at the major college level after growing up in England. This selection would take more projection than most. We've noted that Rams coach Jeff Fisher's teams have never used a first-round choice for an offensive lineman while Fisher was head coach. Line coach Paul Boudreau appears equipped to develop less established prospects. If the Rams feel great about a tackle in the first round, they should take one. But I also could see them leaning toward another position early, then adding line prospects later.

25. Seattle Seahawks: McShay goes back to Florida State, this time projecting defensive end Bjoern Werner to the Seahawks at No. 25. Seattle has done a very good job drafting linebackers and for the secondary. The team hadn't invested much draft capital in its defensive line before using its 2012 first-rounder for Bruce Irvin. Coach Pete Carroll uses the word "unique" quite a bit when describing prospects that appeal to him. Werner produced in college, but he doesn't seem to possess remarkable physical qualities in any one area. Seattle could buy some pre-draft insurance at defensive end by signing a veteran to a short-term deal.

31. San Francisco 49ers: McShay sends SMU defensive end Margus Hunt to the 49ers at No. 31. Hunt has some of the "unique" qualities I referenced in the Seattle breakdown above. He stands taller than 6-8, weighs 277 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.6-second range. The 49ers' general manager, Trent Baalke, recently suggested the 49ers had good depth on their defensive line. He said the team's use of a smaller rotation was more philosophical. Still, with two rotation players headed for free agency and Justin Smith coming off triceps surgery, projecting a defensive lineman to the 49ers at No. 31 is reasonable.
I don't subscribe to 'insider'. Sando did post his selections for the NFC West.

Agamemnon

Rookie
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqcYZv9NDqA[/youtube]
This is from April 4.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
22. St. Louis Rams: Florida State offensive tackle Menelik Watson is the projection in this spot. The Rams do need help at tackle. Watson has played only one year at the major college level after growing up in England. This selection would take more projection than most. We've noted that Rams coach Jeff Fisher's teams have never used a first-round choice for an offensive lineman while Fisher was head coach. Line coach Paul Boudreau appears equipped to develop less established prospects. If the Rams feel great about a tackle in the first round, they should take one. But I also could see them leaning toward another position early, then adding line prospects later.

Hrm...Wonder why another Tackle when we have Saffold and Long. I would hope they look for A Safety or a OLB at this spot.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Agamemnon said:
Print and Go Back ESPN.com: NFC West [Print without images]

Wednesday, March 6, 2013
NFC West look at McShay's latest '13 mock
By Mike Sando

A few thoughts after checking out Todd McShay's latest first-round draft Insider projections for NFC West teams:

7. Arizona Cardinals: McShay sends West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith to the Cardinals even though he says Smith doesn't get a first-round grade. Mock drafts are mostly about filling perceived needs. Quarterback is more than a perceived need for the Cardinals. It's a real one. McShay was in a tough spot with this projection because no one knows how Arizona might address the position before the draft. Moves such as signing Kevin Kolb to a cheaper deal and/or adding a veteran such as Matt Cassel will determine how badly the Cardinals need a quarterback in the draft. Andrew Luck and Ben Roethlisberger are the quarterbacks new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has worked with most recently. Smith lacks the commanding physical presence those quarterbacks possess, but so do most prospects.

16. St. Louis Rams: McShay sends another West Virginia prospect to the NFC West by projecting receiver Tavon Austin as the Rams' choice at No. 16. This one makes sense on multiple levels. Austin has been a breakaway threat as a runner and receiver. The Rams could certainly use that element in their offense. Austin would provide some protection for losing receiver Danny Amendola either this offseason or in the future. He also has shown the shiftiness and acceleration to pump life into the Rams' weak return game. Austin is 5-foot-8 and 174 pounds, raising questions about durability. He has not missed a game to injury in college, however.

25. Seattle Seahawks: McShay goes back to Florida State, this time projecting defensive end Bjoern Werner to the Seahawks at No. 25. Seattle has done a very good job drafting linebackers and for the secondary. The team hadn't invested much draft capital in its defensive line before using its 2012 first-rounder for Bruce Irvin. Coach Pete Carroll uses the word "unique" quite a bit when describing prospects that appeal to him. Werner produced in college, but he doesn't seem to possess remarkable physical qualities in any one area. Seattle could buy some pre-draft insurance at defensive end by signing a veteran to a short-term deal.

31. San Francisco 49ers: McShay sends SMU defensive end Margus Hunt to the 49ers at No. 31. Hunt has some of the "unique" qualities I referenced in the Seattle breakdown above. He stands taller than 6-8, weighs 277 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.6-second range. The 49ers' general manager, Trent Baalke, recently suggested the 49ers had good depth on their defensive line. He said the team's use of a smaller rotation was more philosophical. Still, with two rotation players headed for free agency and Justin Smith coming off triceps surgery, projecting a defensive lineman to the 49ers at No. 31 is reasonable.
I don't subscribe to 'insider'. Sando did post his selections for the NFC West.

This is from March ?

From today he had us taking Patterson @ 16 and Lacy @ 22.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Mock 5.0

Cordarrelle Patterson*

St. Louis Rams (7-8-1)

COLLEGE: Tennessee

HT: 6-1⅞

WT: 216

POS: WR

Scenario 1: The buzz I'm hearing is that if Austin falls, he's the guy the Rams want here.
Scenario 2: With Austin off the board, the Rams jump on another offensive weapon. Patterson isn't as proven or polished as Austin, but he is bigger, stronger and has all kinds of upside with his ability in space. He's a boom-or-bust prospect, but if he lands here, St. Louis has a player who's special with the ball in his hands.
Scenario 3: If not a receiver, Vaccaro is simply a very good overall player who would offer the Rams a huge upgrade at a position that represents a significant need at this point.
Stats and Info: Safeties Quintin Mikell and Craig Dahl each played more than 95 percent of the Rams' defensive snaps. Despite that, the duo combined to defend or intercept just three total passes last season. Vaccaro had seven combined interceptions and pass breakups last season.

Eddie Lacy*

St. Louis Rams (7-8-1) (from WAS)

COLLEGE: Alabama

HT: 5-11

WT: 231

POS: RB

Scenario 1: Ideally, the Rams would like to see Vaccaro fall to this spot.
Scenario 2: With Vaccaro off the board, Lacy's strong running style could combine with Patterson's playmaking ability to give QB Sam Bradford some quality young talent to develop with.
Scenario 3: The Rams could take advantage of a top talent who is sliding down the board, which in this case would mean Ogletree.
Stats and Info: In addition to the options above, Tavon Austin would be a good replacement for the departed Danny Amendola, who gained more than 47 percent of his yards after the catch with the Rams. Austin led all BCS-conference receivers with 947 YAC in 2012, which was 73 percent of his total receiving yards.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I like the idea of drafting OG Warmack/Cooper @16 then @22 Eddie Lacey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fearsomefour

Legend
I think some of these guys implement the approach of having 10 mocks out there showing each team taking a bunch of guys so they can say, I had them taking this guy....
The closer we get there are a few guys I like for that pick at 16. Austin, Warmack head that list with a pretty big drop off (just to me) after that. Likely both guys will be gone. Austin has a better chance of falling than Warmack in my opinion....a team might hedge a little on such a small guy. He could be one of the most explosive players in the league, but, I would bet some GMs would be scared of drafting a guy who could turn out to be an undersized role player. Maybe not. It is easy to draft a less polished guy who is bigger and use that as a fallback position....like baseball teams draft guys who throw 94 mph but cant pitch over guys who are more skilled but dont throw hard. As for a S in the first round I dont have a favorite really.
Drafting a T at this point doesnt make much sense to me. For a team that doesnt have a starting LG, S, or a second OLB, has 3 WR left on their roster and doesnt have a proven starting RB drafting a guy to be a third T just seems silly. In my opinion two picks should go to WR and two to LB. Doesnt leave many picks for a luxury like a third T.