Anyone For Hakeem Nicks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now that the dust has settled, and the initial race to overpay free agents is over, Anyone in favor of signing Hakeem Nicks?

The concerns are obvious, injury history etc...But the Rewards could outweigh that. Perhaps a change of scenery would do wonders for Nicks who is still young (26) and has shown he can be dominant. There are times I've been watching giants games and thought "this guy is the best in the league", unfortunately those times are too few and far between but he is a #1 wideout nonetheless. Nicks commands the respect of Defenses, he's someone teams have to game plan.

I think if we can get him on a incentive based contract it would be a good move for the rams.

Thoughts?

fearsomefour

Legend
I would not be against it. Him or Jones. It sort of precludes drafting a WR though.
I don't expect the Rams to sign a WR. I am thinking a CB, second tier G maybe a LB.
if they go after a WR either guy is fine with me.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not huge on Nicks at this point. But like anything else, I'd hope that the Rams do their due diligence and kick the tires.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
For the right price I could see them taking a look.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I am HUGE on Nicks. If he is healthy, he is hands down a top 5, true number one in my eyes. Huge hands, makes the good catches. YAC

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Gotta kind of use that cap money up. Might as well sign a couple guys for depth on 1 year contracts. While I don't want to take snaps away from a developmental guy, he could be a nice addition.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He sent a letters to all 32 teams from Dr. Andrews saying his knee was fine, and he is open to a 1 year "prove it" deal. I'm down for him. Would not mind one bit grabbing him.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm sick and tired of "development" this team has been full of "development" players for years and we fucking suck. I'm ready to do what needs to be done. If u lose on a guy, fine, structure the contract so we can part ways if need be

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm sick and tired of "development" this team has been full of "development" players for years and we freaking suck. I'm ready to do what needs to be done. If u lose on a guy, fine, structure the contract so we can part ways if need be
We don't suck, sucking was during those 2-14 years we're just not great especially without Bradford.

The thing about contracts is both parties have to agree to the deal. I would be astonished if the Rams have not been working trying to sign some of the guys already gone.

It is getting better and there is only 6 more months until we see meaningful games.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beats drafting a wideout!

exactly, thats part of my thought process. We get a potentially dominant wideout and can focus on O line and the secondary in the draft

wsaladen

Rookie
Now that the dust has settled, and the initial race to overpay free agents is over, Anyone in favor of signing Hakeem Nicks?

The concerns are obvious, injury history etc...But the Rewards could outweigh that. Perhaps a change of scenery would do wonders for Nicks who is still young (26) and has shown he can be dominant. There are times I've been watching giants games and thought "this guy is the best in the league", unfortunately those times are too few and far between but he is a #1 wideout nonetheless. Nicks commands the respect of Defenses, he's someone teams have to game plan.

I think if we can get him on a incentive based contract it would be a good move for the rams.

Thoughts?
I agree totally!!!!!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I've long been on record as saying we should only add a wide receiver IF AND ONLY IF he can be a #1. That rule applies whether said WR comes from the draft or FA... though I'd prefer a rookie over a veteran with an injury history.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd rather roll the dice on Kenny Britt, but I'd like to see them bring in a WR regardless.