Anyone Else Suprised To See....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Evans first off the bench and in at LG when Edwards went down with a foot injury?

Joe Noteboom lined up next to Whitworth as blocking TE in 12 personel package?

I wasn't happy to see the first, and would be more than happy to see more of the second.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not surprised at all at Evans.
Pleasantly surprised at the 6th Olineman. Have been hoping to see it mixed in for a long time.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
That jumbo package is where it's at. Give the Cardinals and 49ers a taste of their own medicine, and then hit them with PA passes to Kupp/OBJ/Higbee

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I love the heavy sets. In fact I think they're here to stay too, since losing Woody sort of made this WR corps much more manageable to cover. If you're going to have a TE out there as a primary blocker why not a backup OT so you can mash that edge in the matchup.

Cards have a lot more to prep for this time around IMO.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I love the heavy sets. In fact I think they're here to stay too, since losing Woody sort of made this WR corps much more manageable to cover. If you're going to have a TE out there as a primary blocker why not a backup OT so you can mash that edge in the matchup.

Cards have a lot more to prep for this time around IMO.
The Rams are much better set up, structurally, to beat the Cards than the 9ers, imo.

They’re not great against the run, so adding these groupings really helps, imo… and they’re not setup to do the short passing game as efficiently as SF.
It’s games like this that they need Von to make an impact.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Evans first off the bench and in at LG when Edwards went down with a foot injury?

I wasn't happy to see the first, and would be more than happy to see more of the second.

Being that Anchrum was earlier declared as a game day inactive, it came as no surprise that Evans filled in. I'm just thankful it was only for a few snaps.
The Noteboom move as a blocking TE was overdue and well played, ... too bad it took so long to come about.
jmo.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I think the heavy set fit Michel's running style perfect. Bruising and physical. Michel isn't 230lb but he runs like it and finishes runs. The style of running I absolutely love.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams are much better set up, structurally, to beat the Cards than the 9ers, imo.

They’re not great against the run, so adding these groupings really helps, imo… and they’re not setup to do the short passing game as efficiently as SF.
It’s games like this that they need Von to make an impact.
I actually think we're going to beat the Cards. They've got a defense that has been much more consistent but yeah if we run the ball on them and they have to play both phases we will beat them in both phases. That first game we were running it well against them we just kept committing errors due to McVay's impatience and desire to get up quick with the pass game. If he slows shit down we will give them everything they can handle. And I have a good feeling about this game, maybe I'm nuts but we'll see.

I agree the 9ers and their WRs all being like RBs makes them tough with all that underneath shit. However I also think with schematic changes we have the roster to beat them. Morris is gonna need to string together a bunch of strong games here down the stretch where he is taking away the underneath. Make Garoppolo hold the ball for one more second due to early reads being covered and he'll go from a Shitlord who slays us with his brown light saber to just a Shitlord like he is against every other defense. Because that SF OL cannot hold our rush if their first two reads are not there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I thought #71 was AJ. Or maybe Anchrum. He looked huge out there.

I had to watch on my phone so it wasn’t the biggest picture. I couldn’t read the names on the Jersey’s.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I thought #71 was AJ. Or maybe Anchrum. He looked huge out there.

I had to watch on my phone so it wasn’t the biggest picture. I couldn’t read the names on the Jersey’s.

Both Alaric Jackson and Anchrum were declared game day inactive, ... #71 is Evans.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
glad they included the Jumbo package, but wonder why they didn't do it vs the Packers

Psycho_X

Legend
Jumbo was a welcome surprise as well as increased play action from under center. Hopefully a trend that continues. Evans is what it is at this point. With all other guards inactive there wasn't much choice other than Noteboom I guess but they obviously had plans for him this game. With our offensive talent being chipped away by injury it's a great idea to get Boom involved who is very well rested and healthy while also being one of our best offensive players who never sees the field. It makes sense to utilize him.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
@BonifayRam
He was right that they would go with next man up Coleman Shelton at Center, where as I thought they would slide Corbett over and insert Evans at Right Guard.

Good call.

We have suddenly become more deep at Center as Shelton had a pretty good debut.