Anyone Else See This?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
One of the biggest reasons i left that forum. Trolls are allowed to troll,even when the trolls are long time "fans" who just prefer to debate and stir shit up...rather than discuss.

The moderating was disappointing.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
I put that disconnect on the former regime. They moved on from LA and there was NOTHING that they were going to do to keep that lineage. If they had their way, Deacon would be just another player.
I absolutely agree with you. IIRC, Deacon had some unkind words for Georgia back in the LA days, so it was no surprise that it was after her death that he was finally welcomed to the Dome. I believe it was Chip who buried the hatchet, so to speak.

Some of the fans ignorance is on Georgia and Shaw, but there is a willful faction that doesn't want to acknowledge anything LA. These, I imagine, are purely fans of St Louis sports who probably won't change. I can understand that, even if it annoys me. Another set are like Albe, who are conflicted about the past between the Cards and the Rams. I can respect that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure someone has already mentioned it but I'm too lazy to read through the thread. To add some context, the person who created the thread wasn't advocating just trolling random LA fans nor was he really even "trolling". It was him arguing with LA fans on some Rams to LA facebook page and from taking one look at the page, the LA fans deserved it. They were being total pricks.

I'm not from St. Louis. Have never been to St. Louis(other than the airport). I have no dog in this fight. But even I have started to get chippy/hostile towards the LA fans(and other NFL team fans) that choose to bring up the Rams moving to LA crappola every time anything is said about the Rams situation in St. Louis...and normally those LA fans are less than civil.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
I put that disconnect on the former regime. They moved on from LA and there was NOTHING that they were going to do to keep that lineage. If they had their way, Deacon would be just another player.
I absolutely agree with you. IIRC, Deacon had some unkind words for Georgia back in the LA days, so it was no surprise that it was after her death that he was finally welcomed to the Dome. I believe it was Chip who buried the hatchet, so to speak.

Some of the fans ignorance is on Georgia and Shaw, but there is a willful faction that doesn't want to acknowledge anything LA. These, I imagine, are purely fans of St Louis sports who probably won't change. I can understand that, even if it annoys me. Another set are like Albe, who are conflicted about the past between the Cards and the Rams. I can respect that.
I knew tons of hardcore fans who hate, or at least won't watch the Rams now, because of how it ended. Me, I just hated Georgia, how she ran the team into the ground, then snuck away. But I root for the players, not the ownership. I root for the team. I always have, and I always will. I'd love for them to come back, so that I could see more games in person. Who wouldn't want that?

I enjoy the brotherhood of a site like this, where we unite with Rams fans from all over the world.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM hitting the sweet spot:
I enjoy the brotherhood of a site like this, where we unite with Rams fans from all over the world.

That's the bottom line isn't it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:

Yeah - you are dead on here as far as I'm concerned. I want to look forward but also look back at what I grew up with all my life in being a Rams fan. I don't expect St Louis fans to automatically adore LA Rams lore. In the same thought, I don't appreciate those who want to give the attitude that the Rams history started when they got to St Louis - as if the history of the franchise doesn't matter.

This is one of the things I really admire about what is happening now. The current regime is not running away from history but embracing it. I think they realize there are a BUNCH of us holdovers.

By the same token, this is really one of the things I love about this site. We are simply RAMS fans. I can talk about some of the games I watched in the Coliseum or at the Big A or from afar at the ED and people get it here. And if someone can't relate to those days, you don't see them bashing you because it's not about the St Louis Rams.

I have GREAT memories from watching my Rams in both cities and I have VERY painful memories from watching my Rams in BOTH cities.

I suppose, unlike Albe, I don't think back on the Cards and hold them in disdain. I always kinda liked the Cards. Maybe if they actually knocked out of the playoffs a few times.... :razzed: Just for you Alan. heh heh

Seriously though... I have always thought when you adopted the Rams, you adopted the history. Otherwise, why keep the name?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jrry32 said:
I'm sure someone has already mentioned it but I'm too lazy to read through the thread. To add some context, the person who created the thread wasn't advocating just trolling random LA fans nor was he really even "trolling". It was him arguing with LA fans on some Rams to LA facebook page and from taking one look at the page, the LA fans deserved it. They were being total pricks.

I'm not from St. Louis. Have never been to St. Louis(other than the airport). I have no dog in this fight. But even I have started to get chippy/hostile towards the LA fans(and other NFL team fans) that choose to bring up the Rams moving to LA crappola every time anything is said about the Rams situation in St. Louis...and normally those LA fans are less than civil.

I didn't go there and don't see any reason to. But you are right if that is what they were doing - and I have seen it on other sites. They are pricks and should never show their necks around here. They need to get over it and enjoy the ride - cuz it's getting special.