Anyone else here stay up for hours ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I'm disabled ,sleep whenever.

Sometimes I get these burst of energy, stay up 24 36 hours, then I sleep for 12 plus hours lol.

My question is ,is there anyone else who has basically 24 7 ?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have some late nights now and then but not 24 straight of being awake. I have kids being schooled at home. So I have to feed them and help them with school work. I wish I got more sleep than I do.

Psycho_X

Legend
In my younger days (20 years ago), I used to stay up crazy hours or not even sleep over night but a case of mono cured me of that habit lol. Anymore I can't stay up past midnight without starting to feel awful. I have always been a night owl so I try to force the issue on the weekends but just can't make it much later the older I get. My wife usually goes to bed between 9-10 and it drives me crazy lol.

fearsomefour

Legend
Last Thursday I laid down to bed at 10:30 pm or so.
Stopped looking at the clock at 3:50 am.
Finally dozed off and the dog woke me up at 6 am to go outside.
I used to get this sort of insomnia but it would last for a full day or two.
Now its pretty rare but it is frustrating when it happens.
A days work (with forced OT) with no or little sleep was fine when I was young.....much tougher now that I’m getting older.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
when NHRA was held @ national trails near columbus ohio, i was working 3rd shift, up at 6pm thursday night, then work (10-6:30a) went home, got to the track by 8am and stayed until the fireworks at 10pm on friday, get home around midnight or so after getting dinner. so basically 30+ hours depending on when i went back to sleep sat morning. more surprising was when i found out for 4 years i'd had undiagnosed diabetes while doing that as well along with the nutritious vendors alley of deep fried foods and sugary drinks!

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Ive never been one to stay up late. I usually go to bed by 9pm. But there are days I get short lived insomnia. I can't shut my mind off. Just recently went three days with maybe 5 hours of sleep. Terrible. I had to start drinking Nyquil to get some sleep.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Can't say I do that sucks. But getting older I am unable to sleep more than about 6 hours. Frustrating...

oldnotdead

Legend
Ever since I retired in 2017 my personal hours have been erratic. Sometimes I stay up for 24+ hours then sleep for 12 hours. My normal go to bedtime is around 3 am. It's good that I have a queen size sleep number bed so that I don't wake my GF. I hate when I'm forced into a schedule for appointments, etc. I used to be a morning person, getting up at O dark thirty to go fishing or hiking. Not anymore, because if I'm up at that time it's because I never went to bed.

Personally, it's the best thing about being retired. I'm not tied to a schedule or the clock. I don't hike anymore but the personal freedom I have now is every bit as good. That's why I'm glad that after Nov 4, I will have my own home again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Can't say I do that sucks. But getting older I am unable to sleep more than about 6 hours. Frustrating...

Ditto. 5-6hr average. Most every day it hits 5am, and I’m ready to get up... regardless how well I’ve slept.

There are days I sleep 4-5hrs, I almost hate to admit that.

I’ve never slept much, but the ability to catch-up after poor sleep isn’t there for me anymore. It’s almost always 5-6hrs and the quality is a roll of the dice.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
when NHRA was held @ national trails near columbus ohio, i was working 3rd shift, up at 6pm thursday night, then work (10-6:30a) went home, got to the track by 8am and stayed until the fireworks at 10pm on friday, get home around midnight or so after getting dinner. so basically 30+ hours depending on when i went back to sleep sat morning. more surprising was when i found out for 4 years i'd had undiagnosed diabetes while doing that as well along with the nutritious vendors alley of deep fried foods and sugary drinks!
Yeah I have type 1 and if I'm not careful I can shoot to 700 plus.

I've been wondering for years,how much diabetes effects sleep.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Ditto. 5-6hr average. Most every day it hits 5am, and I’m ready to get up... regardless how well I’ve slept.

There are days I sleep 4-5hrs, I almost hate to admit that.

I’ve never slept much, but the ability to catch-up after poor sleep isn’t there for me anymore. It’s almost always 5-6hrs and the quality is a roll of the dice.
Like I posted, stay up for hours and no disrespect, you're Mr 4.30 EST.

It's Great you always start off a positive morning.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Ever since I retired in 2017 my personal hours have been erratic. Sometimes I stay up for 24+ hours then sleep for 12 hours. My normal go to bedtime is around 3 am. It's good that I have a queen size sleep number bed so that I don't wake my GF. I hate when I'm forced into a schedule for appointments, etc. I used to be a morning person, getting up at O dark thirty to go fishing or hiking. Not anymore, because if I'm up at that time it's because I never went to bed.

Personally, it's the best thing about being retired. I'm not tied to a schedule or the clock. I don't hike anymore but the personal freedom I have now is every bit as good. That's why I'm glad that after Nov 4, I will have my own home again.
Yes sir that Schudule stuff is freaking hard as Hell.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Probs bro,when I was healthy, all I could think of was get it done.

No BS I worked 100 to 120 hours a week from 1993 till 2008.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
there is medication, I suggest you see a Dr.
train
O I've seen plenty.

The only med that helped me sleep and my with my depression was seroquel.

Now take it everyday see what happens lol

I only spent 30 days in a rehab learning to walk again.

There are Meds that help, But they are Toxic.

oldnotdead

Legend
I personally don't worry about what people would call a normal sleep pattern. I sleep when I'm sleepy and I don't when I'm not. Why take drugs to maintain a "normal" sleep pattern. I'm healthier and happier than most of my friends my age. I've lost weight and have maintained it. I fit a jean size now that I haven't worn since I was a freshman in college.

I work at being happy not trying to fit some stereotypical life style. Funny thing is I'm also living much like I did when I was in my 20's. I had to work and go to school but I stayed up late one night did all the stuff during the day and evening then went to bed early that following night. That was my pattern then and it is the same now.

When I was rehabbing from my wounds after I got home from my govt paid tour of SE Asia many times I stayed up until sunrise playing cards with the ward nurse and corpsman. It kept me sane and allowed me to slowly purge the demons that I brought home with me. I sincerely believe those long hours of conversation with those two were the best therapy for PTSD. When I'm stressed I spend long hours talking to my GF who is an absolute angel in that regard. She listens quietly, compassionately, asking pointed questions and offering her observations.

So yeah I don't worry about following conventions as long as it makes me feel good and keeps me happy. All my life I was tied to a clock and now that I don't have to be, I've re-discovered that freedom I enjoyed as a backcountry hiker.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David

Sometimes I get these burst of energy, stay up 24 36 hours, then I sleep for 12 plus hours lol.

Last Sunday through Thursday I binge-watched all 8 seasons of Game of Throne. As I sit here now, I have been up for 30+ hours. Watched all the Jason Bourne movies last night. Again.

I'll hit the sack about 11 tonight and be up by 8 in the morning. That's a long night for me.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Last Sunday through Thursday I binge-watched all 8 seasons of Game of Throne. As I sit here now, I have been up for 30+ hours. Watched all the Jason Bourne movies last night. Again.

I'll hit the sack about 11 tonight and be up by 8 in the morning. That's a long night for me.
Lol I think I'm up so long at times cause I do the same thing.

Binge Watch.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Same. Disabled vet and due to daily migraines my sleep schedule is a sarcastic joke.

When I was younger longest I stayed up was over 100 hours and 72 wasn’t uncommon, but I can’t even get to 24 before my body starts to freak out and feel like I’m gonna seize.

I try to structure my whole week around trying to be up for the Rams game, but not always successful.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Same. Disabled vet and due to daily migraines my sleep schedule is a sarcastic joke.

When I was younger longest I stayed up was over 100 hours and 72 wasn’t uncommon, but I can’t even get to 24 before my body starts to freak out and feel like I’m gonna seize.

I try to structure my whole week around trying to be up for the Rams game, but not always successful.
You got me beat, most I can do is like 36 40 hours.I get the migraines bad can't have anyone around at times.

I get my migraines here and there, luckily not every day,at least I've got my Seroquel, it gets to bad,,boom take the pill.

You're a very good poster,wish you the best, and you're not alone.

Heck my computer is down, had to order a part from gosh darn China, gonna miss the game.