Anyone else feeling depressed lately?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Since the end of another losing season, and a possibility of a move to Los Angeles, my mood outside of the football world has been very down. They say it's only a game, it doesn't change your life, ect. To me, the Rams seem to be about 50% of my happiness. Obviously the other being family and friends. I hate how attached I am, but I can't help it. This season had so much promise and it was such a disappointment. I haven't gotten over it and it's affected the way I act in life. Anybody else feeling this way? I need a highlight vid very soon.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Seasonal Affective Disorder man. It's a bitch up in the great white north. Couple the end of football season, with blistering cold and boredom...yikes. I was ready to throw myself out of a window a couple of weeks ago.

I'm gradually shifting my focus to baseball. I know it's not for everyone, but I've loved the Cards since I was a little kid. True story I was a fan of both teams before Rams migrated :cool:. I'll go out on a limb and say fantasy baseball is just as fun as football and more challenging, so if it bears any interest to you, start digging into that to kill the boredom until NFL draft hype kicks into overdrive.

We can get through this bro!

V3

Hall of Fame
I've been feeling this way for the past two or three years because I've felt the Rams would be leaving since Kroenke bought the team. It just made too much financial sense to me for Kroenke to move to LA. People like him will always do whatever makes them more money so his motives were pretty clear to me from the onset.

Considering that, I wasn't really excited about last year's draft and I have just about zero interest in this year's draft. It might be the first time I don't watch it in....I actually have no idea when I started watching it, it's been that long. Football is by far my favorite sport but between the Rams and how fucked up the NFL has become with stupid rules and allowed cheating, it's been getting harder to watch for me. I personally hate watching baseball(fall asleep EVERY time) so the Cardinals don't do much for me. I love hockey but the NHL likes to try and ruin their sport as well and I don't have much faith in the Blues' postseason ability. So yeah, Rams football has been my #1 go-to sport/recreation for years. Now it has been ruined.

So yeah, sports pretty much suck for me now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I use other sports for that, personally. All my teams except for the Rams are LA. Kings, Angels, Lakers, etc. So for me I just go to the next sport and typically out of them there is one who can carry my hopes a little bit.

While I wait for the draft now I keep hoping the Kings find their motivation, and soon I'll have spring training to keep me busy. Lakers unfortunately are a source of enormous frustration but I can't complain since over the years there have been way more good than bad times. Just think the new owner is garbage.

Owners. Man they make a difference.

Athos

Legend
Seasonal Affective Disorder man. It's a bitch up in the great white north. Couple the end of football season, with blistering cold and boredom...yikes. I was ready to throw myself out of a window a couple of weeks ago

That is a bitch. Which is why I'd NEVER live in Milwaukee like my brother. Ohio is enough.

I don't get it all that much, but in winter.......when the day starts out fucking beautiful and sunny, then the man takes a giant shit and covers everything up with clouds in a matter of minutes....

My day becomes a bummer.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Since the end of another losing season, and a possibility of a move to Los Angeles, my mood outside of the football world has been very down. They say it's only a game, it doesn't change your life, ect. To me, the Rams seem to be about 50% of my happiness. Obviously the other being family and friends. I hate how attached I am, but I can't help it. This season had so much promise and it was such a disappointment. I haven't gotten over it and it's affected the way I act in life. Anybody else feeling this way? I need a highlight vid very soon.
In regard to football I'm really pessimistic and extremely disappointed. I've made a concerted effort to start exploring new hobbies but still holding onto a sliver of hope something works out for St. Louis. I am doing my best to ignore the elephant in the room and savor the upcoming season as it is.

Overall though, at times when I think about the Rams I get pissed off...but I've got a lot of things going on in my life that are really putting it in perspective. On the positive side of things I've got a baby girl on the way...on the more negative side I've got a family member health issue on my mind. I mean, if the Rams leave this year but my baby is born nice and healthy what do I have to be depressed about?

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear ya...but you need to gain some perspective my man. We all have the blues right now, especially with a lose-lose Superbowl on the horizon, but good times will one day come and they will taste oh so sweet after the decade plus we have all been subjected too. Enjoy the highs (when they roll round), but don't let the bad times beat you up, because there are far too many of them as a Rams fan lol.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seasonal Affective Disorder man. It's a bitch up in the great white north. Couple the end of football season, with blistering cold and boredom...yikes. I was ready to throw myself out of a window a couple of weeks ago.

I'm gradually shifting my focus to baseball. I know it's not for everyone, but I've loved the Cards since I was a little kid. True story I was a fan of both teams before Rams migrated :cool:. I'll go out on a limb and say fantasy baseball is just as fun as football and more challenging, so if it bears any interest to you, start digging into that to kill the boredom until NFL draft hype kicks into overdrive.

We can get through this bro!
Yeah, it definitely doesn't help that it's cold as balls in Buffalo. I've tried so hard to get into other sports. Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, nothing is the same. I played baseball for like 9 years yet I can't sit and watch a game without wanting to blow my brains out.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

As far as the Rams go, no, not at all.

Everyone worrying about the OC, why? It's nothing new, we've been doing this for about 8 years now. Name OCs and no-name OCs have come and gone, with little offensive change. We need better health, that's for sure and if that happens good things will come. The OC is just another coach on the field, who happens to call plays. What happens after is out of his control; in other words he's depending on his players to execute.

As far as relocation talk goes, every little news story ends up being overblown with endless speculation. Whether it's Stan buying land in Inglewood meaning the Rams move is a done deal, or Dave Peacock and his plan means the Rams will stay put, it's all speculation. Where in the world was it reported either case is confirmed? A new stadium is no easy matter, it's going to take time.

There's a lot more positive going on the Rams than people realize. But the focus remains on the negatives, and that clouds the overall picture.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If being a Rams fan was easy, there would be more of us.

The world is a crazy place right now. Sports are a nice distraction from the roller coaster of life but when your distraction runs as hot and cold as the Rams do - it can take a hold of you.

Personally, I don't care much about relocation. I'd like to see STL keep the Rams, but it's not life altering for me either way. I'm more concerned about player and coaching personnel than I am about stadiums or league financials.

Sometimes I have to remind myself what this is all about and what it isn't all about. This is for fun - all of it. The games, the practices, camp, the draft, the entire thing is just entertainment. I shouldn't have real hatred for other teams or other cities. Fake hatred, sure - but let's distinguish between real stuff and sports stuff. There is plenty to get worked up about without having to stress about the Rams. Let's just enjoy them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear what you're saying. I just feel that this season was such a wasted year. When Sam went down it was such a kick in the groin. So for me, riding out the year was one thing, this off season has become another. Wouldnt hurt to see news about the Rams be somewhat of a positive. Sure, Donald possibly winning DROY would be nice but its felt like a rather black cloud.
Anyway, not to be cheesy but having ROD has helped a bunch, some of my favorite posters are here from "other" sites. Another couple weeks and we can start on real draft talk and FA. But yeah, a little spark of good fortune wouldnt hurt

V3

Hall of Fame
As far as the Rams go, no, not at all.

Everyone worrying about the OC, why? It's nothing new, we've been doing this for about 8 years now. Name OCs and no-name OCs have come and gone, with little offensive change. We need better health, that's for sure and if that happens good things will come. The OC is just another coach on the field, who happens to call plays. What happens after is out of his control; in other words he's depending on his players to execute.

As far as relocation talk goes, every little news story ends up being overblown with endless speculation. Whether it's Stan buying land in Inglewood meaning the Rams move is a done deal, or Dave Peacock and his plan means the Rams will stay put, it's all speculation. Where in the world was it reported either case is confirmed? A new stadium is no easy matter, it's going to take time.

There's a lot more positive going on the Rams than people realize. But the focus remains on the negatives, and that clouds the overall picture.

It's positive if you're an LA fan or someone that doesn't care about location. For everyone else, the relocation takes any positives with this team and turns them to shit.

rams2050

Starter
I'm depressed, too, but mainly about the cheating and the chance that the Cheats might actually WIN the Super Bowl which would just be so wrong on many different levels.

I'm not as depressed about the Rams, though. I think that whether they stay or move that there is hope upon the horizon. It will be fun seeing how they will be trying to drag themselves up to the status of winners. . . only, I hope, without CHEATING!

I'm hoping that somebody somewhere figures out a way to find out just what else the Cheats are doing to win on such a consistent basis. Because I can almost guarantee you that it isn't because they are 'so good.'

Well, let me rephrase that: they ARE so good -- at cheating. Now, it is going to be entertaining as all get out to anticipate them getting called out for it. (Of course, they may not, either, but I can sure have fun pretending that they will be).

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's positive if you're an LA fan or someone that doesn't care about location. For everyone else, the relocation takes any positives with this team and turns them to crap.

I want them to stay in STL. But I also don't take every media story seriously, either. Wake me up when the headline reads: "Rams to stay/move in 2016."

FRO

Legend
I was really depressed when Bradford went down. I thought we were a playoff contender. With him healthy we probably would have been. I'm depressed about them leaving St. Louis. That really sucks bad. It's not a good time to be a St. Louis Rams fan.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was really depressed when Bradford went down. I thought we were a playoff contender. With him healthy we probably would have been. I'm depressed about them leaving St. Louis. That really sucks bad. It's not a good time to be a St. Louis Rams fan.
Nope. And I get to hear all the shit from friends if they move. It just won't be the same.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
In regard to football I'm really pessimistic and extremely disappointed. I've made a concerted effort to start exploring new hobbies but still holding onto a sliver of hope something works out for St. Louis. I am doing my best to ignore the elephant in the room and savor the upcoming season as it is.

Overall though, at times when I think about the Rams I get pissed off...but I've got a lot of things going on in my life that are really putting it in perspective. On the positive side of things I've got a baby girl on the way...on the more negative side I've got a family member health issue on my mind. I mean, if the Rams leave this year but my baby is born nice and healthy what do I have to be depressed about?
Congratulations @Sum1 ! That's awesome news. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can put things into perspective like holding your own child in your arms.