Anyone else excited now??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I know we've all had a ridiculous turmoil of emotions over the past week, but is anyone else out there really excited about the season this year - it's almost like the pressure to get to the playoffs has been lifted now, and I'm just really excited to see what this team can do.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I'm not waiting too see what Bradford can do - I'm more focussed now to see what the "team" can do. Towards the end of last season I saw some of the greatest football we've played for years (Colts & Bears games were formidable 'team' games) and they were without Sam under centre. The same thing used to happen when I used to play rugby, if our OH (our star player) was out, everyone else seemed to raise their game, and not rely on that position.

I have faith in Shaun Hill - even thinking of getting a Hill jersey to replace my Eric Dickerson vintage one for game days.

Lets just sit back, open a beer and enjoy some good football guys!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Thank God man.
I was beginning to wonder if I was the only fan who had already gotten over it and was ready for football.
Everyone realizes they haven't played a single regular season snap yet, right?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It's not just Bradford. Shaun Hill doesn't bother me. I was nervous about our secondary before, and now my favorite of that group is out for the year.

Plus, I know no one is upset about losing Pead but I just had this feeling that this was going to be his year.

I still can't quite take it in. Good thing I'm not the coach.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our secondary is going to so much better this year with GW at the helm - I'm not going to worry until I see game 1 ;)

With regards to Pead, I know he had a place on ST - but I'm not sure he's that big a loss for us this year.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
It's not just Bradford. Shaun Hill doesn't bother me. I was nervous about our secondary before, and now my favorite of that group is out for the year.

Plus, I know no one is upset about losing Pead but I just had this feeling that this was going to be his year.

I still can't quite take it in. Good thing I'm not the coach.
If you're talking about Tru he's only out 4 - 6 weeks. Could be back by game 3.

wsaladen

Rookie
Come on regular season!!!!! I still have fatih in my hometown team no matter what. I am a loyal Rams fan.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Shaun Hill is a capable quarterback. He's no longer the backup. He's the starter. He's won games. He knows what he has to do and he's capable. Bradford is done but the Rams are not done.

We caught a glimpse of what this team can do with a below average QB last year. They beat some good teams by a significant margin with Clemens.. This year we have a better quarterback. I see some good things happening.

nanotech

Rookie
thCAMNKR7A.jpg

Keep the bad vibes out

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Shaun Hill is a capable quarterback. He's no longer the backup. He's the starter. He's won games. He knows what he has to do and he's capable. Bradford is done but the Rams are not done.

We caught a glimpse of what this team can do with a below average QB last year. They beat some good teams by a significant margin with Clemens.. This year we have a better quarterback. I see some good things happening.

Don't tell that to the Debbie Downers who think all is lost.

Fact is this team will make the same amount of noise and is going to be a tough out. I can assure you that no team on the schedule is saying "Whew, Bradford's out, this'll be an easy game".

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I dont want to come off as a dick, but I was over the Bradford thing about ten minutes after I heard the bad news. For how many years have we suffered through terrible outings? My job sucks, I dont enjoy it. Football is something I enjoy, if I get all depressed over one injury I might as well take up some lame hobby like stamp collectiong. I HAVE TO HAVE FAITH IN THIS TEAM. Cuz if I dont, I dont really have anything else to be optomistic about.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I know we've all had a ridiculous turmoil of emotions over the past week, but is anyone else out there really excited about the season this year - it's almost like the pressure to get to the playoffs has been lifted now, and I'm just really excited to see what this team can do.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I'm not waiting too see what Bradford can do - I'm more focussed now to see what the "team" can do. Towards the end of last season I saw some of the greatest football we've played for years (Colts & Bears games were formidable 'team' games) and they were without Sam under centre. The same thing used to happen when I used to play rugby, if our OH (our star player) was out, everyone else seemed to raise their game, and not rely on that position.

I have faith in Shaun Hill - even thinking of getting a Hill jersey to replace my Eric Dickerson vintage one for game days.

Lets just sit back, open a beer and enjoy some good football guys!

The only thing I disagree with you on is the pressure to get to the playoffs has been lifted. Bull crap, with all the draft picks and FA's the time is now. They have had 3 years to build the team they wanted. Its time to win. Its time to compete, no more excuses. Im excited yes! More excited to watch the Rams play some playoff games too. We went 4-5 with Clemens at QB, Hill is an upgrade and by all accounts we should be better than last year.

Its our time now! Next man up! If Seattle and SF can do what they did with pretty average QB play and the Cardinals can win 10 games with Carson Palmer, then I ask you why not us?!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Football season is upon us.
We're all 0-0.
I'm excited.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I'm really excited for this team although i did want to see how Bradford would perform with weapons and a pretty good Oline. I have moved on and let it go. Yes like we have heard a thousand times already "we will rally around Shawn Hill and play good football"

And you know what i truly do believe that! This team probably has become even closer with the injury and more then likely feel as if everyone has written them off (See Wagoner's prediction for the team)

So i'm excited to see how this offense will perform with a QB that is healthy decent arm and good mobility. I'm excited to see Britt and Quick lined up on the outside and if we really can impose our will in the run game.

Greg Williams defense excites me too i'm just ready for some good football here in St. Louis. I can't wait to be down there opening day and all season long cheering and watching the Rams dominate!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I want to see what Greg Williams brings. With this talent, he could devastate teams. But can we shut down the dump pass safety valve and stop good RBs?

All is not lost but there are still the concerns from before SB went down.

IF Rams secondary is functioning and the Rams can stop the run, this could be a D EVERYONE fears.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I want to see what Greg Williams brings. With this talent, he could devastate teams. But can we shut down the dump pass safety valve and stop good RBs?

All is not lost but there are still the concerns from before SB went down.
based on everything I have seen from Williams in camp, and this particular aspect of his defense, he stresses more than just about anything else in his defense. Closing down on the dump off safety valve pass. Its almost like that is the ONE thing he wants to force teams into doing. Whether it be from the LBs or safeties, he is all over these guys for their reaction. They seem to funnel everything to the flat and just crash down on the receiver as soon as they catch the ball.

So I caution people, if you think they are giving up a lot of completions on these type of plays, it appears it is by design. Allow the reception, control the yards gained.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It's Rams football. That's all that matters. The players come and go and the coaches change but in the end it's all about the Rams.