Anyone Else Been Sick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

I have had this "cold" for a few weeks now that I have managed to work through, but today finally got the better of me.

Called in sick to work and crashed on the couch.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Been trying to shake it for a couple of weeks now myself.

fearsomefour

Legend
The bugs are getting stronger for sure. Bodes not so well for the future.
One thing I do right when I start to feel sick is take my medicine before bed (4 advil, half a bottle of nyquil or so and a beer) and eat raw celery….and lots of it. Half a head to as close to a full head of raw celery every day Im feel like Im getting sick. Loaded with Vitamin C, full of water and tons of fiber to clean out the gut…..which is why I think it works. Usually when I do this for a couple of days the onsetting cold goes away. Rarely get a cold (knocking on wood as I say that) and I attribute some of that to the great raw celery.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The bugs are getting stronger for sure. Bodes not so well for the future.
One thing I do right when I start to feel sick is take my medicine before bed (4 advil, half a bottle of nyquil or so and a beer) and eat raw celery….and lots of it. Half a head to as close to a full head of raw celery every day Im feel like Im getting sick. Loaded with Vitamin C, full of water and tons of fiber to clean out the gut…..which is why I think it works. Usually when I do this for a couple of days the onsetting cold goes away. Rarely get a cold (knocking on wood as I say that) and I attribute some of that to the great raw celery.

Good advice. I normally follow that routine to a T, except for the advil, nyquil, and celery part.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I haven't missed a day of work for illness in 10yrs, or so.

That said; 16 days ago I got a nasty cold. I made it to work on Monday (15 days ago) but left work early. It took me two full weeks to finally feel >90%. Even today I'm still coughing a little, but closer to 98%.

Bad bug.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Yes! I had a damn cold that lasted 2 weeks, it went away for a week, then came back for another week.

about bugs getting stronger, its true! I talked with my buddy's sisters fiancé (a doctor) awhile ago at a party and he was telling us that pretty much the anti-biotic we use right now will be useless in a few years. he was telling us that people get sick, go to the doctors, get anti-biotic, take the 7 days worth out of 10 days feel better and stop taking the rest. He then said that since they are not taking the rest of the pills, the bug may not be killed all the way and the bug can become more resistant to anti-biotic you just don't know because you "feel better" and can create a super bug. He also said that 5-10 years from now the super bugs can become deadly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes! I had a damn cold that lasted 2 weeks, it went away for a week, then came back for another week.

about bugs getting stronger, its true! I talked with my buddy's sisters fiancé (a doctor) awhile ago at a party and he was telling us that pretty much the anti-biotic we use right now will be useless in a few years. he was telling us that people get sick, go to the doctors, get anti-biotic, take the 7 days worth out of 10 days feel better and stop taking the rest. He then said that since they are not taking the rest of the pills, the bug may not be killed all the way and the bug can become more resistant to anti-biotic you just don't know because you "feel better" and can create a super bug. He also said that 5-10 years from now the super bugs can become deadly.
Hey, that's awesome news. Thanks!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Pfffftttt.

It's not the flu, you guys have Mad Cow disease.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I just got over it, but yeah it sucks. It definitely wiped me out for a few days. It lasted for about a month though.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
My lil man (4 year old isn't running a fever or anything think he's just got a stomach bug. Hell be fine for hours get hot cough once puke and be better again. If he is like this again tomorrow (2nd day) I'll be sure and take him to see his doc but he is perfectly normal except 3 times today when he coughed and puked

fearsomefour

Legend

I made a conscious effort to keep my son from taking any anti biotics for the standard kid sicknesses. So, he is 18 now and has never taken any. Should be good….I guess.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I start to get sick, I use Zicam. It's remarkable at clearing up colds and other upper respiratory problems.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I got some GI bug on Christmas day. Everyone I was with got it, then I got it. My whole family and future in-laws got it. Only my fiance somehow escaped. It pretty much sucked and ruined my holidays. I wasn't really right until New Years

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I made a conscious effort to keep my son from taking any anti biotics for the standard kid sicknesses. So, he is 18 now and has never taken any. Should be good….I guess.

Good job, that's a good decision for normal sicknesses. I changed my ways since hearing about it lol.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good job, that's a good decision for normal sicknesses. I changed my ways since hearing about it lol.

I havent taken ANY medications in years for pain, illness, etc.

I finally broke down on this one and started taking some nyquil.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I havent taken ANY medications in years for pain, illness, etc.

I finally broke down on this one and started taking some nyquil.

That's good bro, hopefully you can shake it with that nyquil without need of anti-biotic. I made it one of my things to stay healthy with vitamins and such on the daily since hearing about it.