Anyone buy this "lack of fire" argument?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
texasRam said:
When I see Brady, Manning and the greats of the past like Marino, I see QB's that are constantly talking to the WR's after such screw ups and Ironing out exactly what needs to happen "Next time". Bradford right now seems to be lacking the leadership to Man up and Iron this out with certain WR's. It's like he's afraid of conflict. Like he is taking a Rookie approach. Someone that is afraid to ruffel feathers. He is no longer a rookie and needs to step up and lead this franchise. No more turning his head when a mistake is made. No more silence. Speak up, address it. And then if it happens again, you go to Schott and tell him to get this moron of the field because he is not where he needs to be.

Personally, I find this type of argument to be the furthest reaching criticism one could find about any player. We've finally devolved to the point that we're not satisfied with a player's genetic make-up and are insisting that he morph into Conrad Dobler.

Bradford does this more than people know, but evidently it's not quite enough. He has to throw tantrums on the field now. Running around berating everyone in an offense wherein everyone (including Bradford himself) is prone to experiencing hiccups in execution during their inaugural Schotty campaign. So, lemme get this straight. Bradford also has to be a hypocrite while he's "manning up." I wish these types of arguments would just stop, but I know it's asking a lot. If a guy isn't prone to getting pissed off at his teammates, then he's not gonna do it. If a simple "Hey, next time don't sit in the zone when you see the mike over-pursuing" isn't good enough, then I don't know what to tell ya. Steal his dog or something and maybe he'll exhibit that fire you're so desperately seeking.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
X said:
texasRam said:
When I see Brady, Manning and the greats of the past like Marino, I see QB's that are constantly talking to the WR's after such screw ups and Ironing out exactly what needs to happen "Next time". Bradford right now seems to be lacking the leadership to Man up and Iron this out with certain WR's. It's like he's afraid of conflict. Like he is taking a Rookie approach. Someone that is afraid to ruffel feathers. He is no longer a rookie and needs to step up and lead this franchise. No more turning his head when a mistake is made. No more silence. Speak up, address it. And then if it happens again, you go to Schott and tell him to get this moron of the field because he is not where he needs to be.

Personally, I find this type of argument to be the furthest reaching criticism one could find about any player. We've finally devolved to the point that we're not satisfied with a player's genetic make-up and are insisting that he morph into Conrad Dobler.

Bradford does this more than people know, but evidently it's not quite enough. He has to throw tantrums on the field now. Running around berating everyone in an offense wherein everyone (including Bradford himself) is prone to experiencing hiccups in execution during their inaugural Schotty campaign. So, lemme get this straight. Bradford also has to be a hypocrite while he's "manning up." I wish these types of arguments would just stop, but I know it's asking a lot. If a guy isn't prone to getting pissed off at his teammates, then he's not gonna do it. If a simple "Hey, next time don't sit in the zone when you see the mike over-pursuing" isn't good enough, then I don't know what to tell ya. Steal his dog or something and maybe he'll exhibit that fire you're so desperately seeking.

Every QB has there own style, yes he does talk with the WR's but he puts NOBODY down. Its not his style of play. If he does put anyone down its himself or we will say WE have to get better. NO ONE works harder then Sammy. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm with you X! No two people lead in exactly the same way, nor is there a right or wrong way to do it.

The thing I find most intrigueing about these types of criticisms however, is just how does the OP know what Sam is or isn't saying to his teammates?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Manning?

Eli Manning?

He looks like a derrrrrpp and his big ass dome helmet everytime he's on camera.

Eli_Large.jpg

Well, anything to drive the papers I guess. No one knows what goes on during the sidelines or meetings. But hey, speculuate away!!

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I can't believe the non-stop criticism of-I'll say it-our best player. I don't know if it's his draft status or contract or, more likely, the individuals not having enough knowledge of the game to see past the play of the quarterback, and understand everything that effects each snap of the ball besides the quarterback. Either way this faction makes stuff up when they can't come up with any arguments. Oh-and by the way-how has that style worked out for Jake Cutler.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SaneRamsFan said:
I can't believe the non-stop criticism of-I'll say it-our best player. I don't know if it's his draft status or contract or, more likely, the individuals not having enough knowledge of the game to see past the play of the quarterback, and understand everything that effects each snap of the ball besides the quarterback. Either way this faction makes stuff up when they can't come up with any arguments. Oh-and by the way-how has that style worked out for Jake Cutler.
Jake Cutler? Was that a Freudian slip? :sly:

jake-plummer-tebow.jpg

I think the problem is QB envy. Envy of other team's QBs, to be precise. "Look at so-and-so!"
No, people don't know what goes on in the huddle, on the sidelines, or in the meetings. They're too freaking preoccupied with slobbing all over Griffin or Luck or take your pick. In that frenzy of QB envy, those same "fans" don't take the time to figure out what it is that's holding Bradford back. And I'm not enumerating all those things again. It should be common knowledge.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
X said:
SaneRamsFan said:
Jake Cutler? Was that a Freudian slip? :sly:

jake-plummer-tebow.jpg

I think the problem is QB envy. Envy of other team's QBs, to be precise. "Look at so-and-so!"
No, people don't know what goes on in the huddle, on the sidelines, or in the meetings. They're too freaking preoccupied with slobbing all over Griffin or Luck or take your pick. In that frenzy of QB envy, those same "fans" don't take the time to figure out what it is that's holding Bradford back. And I'm not enumerating all those things again. It should be common knowledge.

Say Jay-Cutler five times as fast as you can :lmao: Good point about the QB envy thing. Problem is these guys only see Bradfords bad play and the other guys good play on any given day.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SaneRamsFan said:
Say Jay-Cutler five times as fast as you can :lmao: Good point about the QB envy thing. Problem is these guys only see Bradfords bad play and the other guys good play on any given day.
I said Jay Cutler 100 times on draft day. I wanted him over Tye Hill. :boohoo:

And yeah, that's the problem exactly. They only see the highlights of other QBs, and full games of ours. Plus it's the whole "new shiny toy" syndrome thing. People are off of Cam Newton's jock now, so it's just a matter of time before they stop talking about Griffin. Though, with the "opportunity" we had to take Griffin, I guess it's gonna take a bit longer before people stop concerning themselves with what he's doing.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
X said:
SaneRamsFan said:
I said Jay Cutler 100 times on draft day. I wanted him over Tye Hill. :boohoo:

And yeah, that's the problem exactly. They only see the highlights of other QBs, and full games of ours. Plus it's the whole "new shiny toy" syndrome thing. People are off of Cam Newton's jock now, so it's just a matter of time before they stop talking about Griffin. Though, with the "opportunity" we had to take Griffin, I guess it's gonna take a bit longer before people stop concerning themselves with what he's doing.

Funny thing we aren't hearing the we shoulda got Mike Vick voices anymore. I think any of these qb's who RELY on their running ability as part of their packages are going to be inconsistent. It's the guys like Aaron Rogers who are maddening-just when you think you got him---------------

bluecoconuts

Legend
This reminds me of one of my old First Sergeants back in the Army... Maybe it's the same guy. :shifty:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'll take the bait.
I just don't see the excitement out of him? I personally don't care about it, but I don't see the fist pumping after a big TD, or a big first down scramble. I think his cool demeanor can be commendable a lot of the time as he keeps his head in the game and focused. Some fans just need to see that as a sort of affirmation that the QB is a spark plug or something.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The problem I have is that Bradford DOES go over the mistakes with his guys. He doesn't rant and rave but you see him go over and talk to them when there is a miscommunication or the receiver is simply in the wrong place. And how many times have we seen it where he goes to his offense one by one and pumps them up for the next drive? So from what I see, he does what the guy is complaining that he doesn't. He just does it with rrespect for the other player. I don't care if you are the greenest rookie in the NFL, no one likes to be humiliated by being screamed at or taken by the facemask - certainly not by another team mate.

Funny... I don't remember Warner chastizing players in the open either and he was a pretty ok QB for us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Warner4Prez said:
but I don't see the fist pumping after a big TD, or a big first down scramble.
Whaaaaaaaat?

Benny, I'm hurt. After all the videos I've made, you don't remember seeing Bradford race to the endzone to celebrate with his receivers? Or him rallying guys on the sidelines? Or chest bumping guys in the middle of the field?

Well, fine. What about this MAGNIFICENT golf-clap?

gyi0061400044_medium.jpg

Huh? How about THAT? Show me another QB who golf claps like that.

TRIPLE dog dare ya!

bluecoconuts

Legend
I remember him screaming and pushing linemen down into position when the Giants faked injuries. I also remember him and Danny yelling at each other in the first Arizona game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
I remember him screaming and pushing linemen down into position when the Giants faked injuries. I also remember him and Danny yelling at each other in the first Arizona game.
Yeah, I still don't care if he yells at anyone. Leaders lead by example.

The thing that stands out to me is during his rookie year after Fells scored off one of his passes.
He went running into the endzone yelling, "Yeah Fellzy!"

... "Fellzy." :lol:

You gotta love Bradford.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
Yeah well, listen to Bradford wired...well technically it's Rob Turner wired but you get the point.

About 10 mins into the video.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 6aa005b59d

Thanks to ljramsfan for pointing it out.
Meh. He's not angry enough. I need to see something in the order of head spinning around 360 degrees and maybe some flames coming out of his eyeballs. They don't have to be real big flames, mind you, but anything that resembles a medium sized fireball. That would be nice.

Can you get me a video of that?

Thanks in advance.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:
Angry Ram said:
Yeah well, listen to Bradford wired...well technically it's Rob Turner wired but you get the point.

Meh. He's not angry enough. I need to see something in the order of head spinning around 360 degrees and maybe some flames coming out of his eyeballs. They don't have to be real big flames, mind you, but anything that resembles a medium sized fireball. That would be nice.

Can you get me a video of that?

Thanks in advance.

Only if Sam is Ghost Rider.

FIERY
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvUpxZajw8Y[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Angry Ram said:

That pretty much says it all.

Sam is always showing emotion out there... it might be Manning or Farve like... but holy geez...

EDIT: See bluecoconuts signature too.