Anybody else rethinking future Ram player extensions after this Saints game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I sure am.

Suh. I previously thought Suh might be 50-50 to be extended. No more. Might have lost his edge or his hunger, but I’m not seeing $14 million worth of effort or domination. Heck, I’m not seeing domination at all.

Joyner. Well, few previously thought he would be extended, anyway. But now he seems even less likely.

Peters. I previously thought he was a lock for extension. But now? I hardly recognize his play. I mean, Payton/Brees admitted to deliberately targeting him! Count me in the camp that thinks he would rather play to be a “hero” rather than playing within Wade’s scheme. Part of the blame is on Wade for that, don’t you think?

Fowler. He seems well on his way to being a priority extension target after this game. Some good news on that front, for sure. We’ll see. Fingers crossed.

Littleton. A no brainer, huh?

Saffold. I would think that he’s a very high priority for extension. Pro Bowl level OG’s don’t grow on trees, and he really helps both Goff and Gurley. Need I say more?

My revised draft priority needs have changed although BPA will be the ultimate decider:

CB has moved up as a high need given Peters’ recent play. Maybe even the highest need.

DT if Suh departs as I now expect. Reportedly a loaded DT draft class with quality into the 3rd round expected.

OLB is a biggie, too. Two holes there unless Fowler is extended. Both Ebu and Longacre are looking like fool’s gold to me. Would be useless in the playoffs.

ILB need is high. Would enable a Barron trade/release with the accompanying salary savings. Current backups are considered liabilities in coverage so an upgrade would be helpful against these elite QB’s that the Rams will be facing in future playoff games.

OL is gonna get more attention in future drafts. We currently have only 7 on our 53 and who knows how Whit is gonna hold up?

Okay, backup QB could be a high priority, too. Isn’t Mannion a goner next season?

Here’s hoping that Snead can continue finding the players and Demoff can continue finding the cap space. Lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Suh needs to get his ass in gear, I dunno what's up but he is barely visible sometimes.

Joyner is not coming back unless he turns into Superman.

Littleton hopefully gets done ASAP.

If I'm Snead I'm not drafting any players on the O side of the ball. It's gotta be defense.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Agree with every point made. I like the idea of trying Ebukam in the middle. He has closing speed and wraps up ok. Maybe he could be a poor man’s Bobby Wagner in the middle while taking advantage of his cheap rookie deal?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here's the $$$ going to three DL positions this year:

Donald $21.7M.
Suh: $14.5M.
Brock: $10M.

$46.2 Million in total.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Agree with every point made. I like the idea of trying Ebukam in the middle. He has closing speed and wraps up ok. Maybe he could be a poor man’s Bobby Wagner in the middle while taking advantage of his cheap rookie deal?

Yeah I've been making that suggestion myself but the Rams don't seem to agree. Probably because of how Ebu looks in coverage lol. But I do think he'd do very well filling as an ILB with that closing speed.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Suh has not really impressed me... I don't see the value.

Peters? Never mind after yesterday...

I'd try to extend Saffold. He's a very good lineman and has a few years left on him.

Littleton? Can you franchise tag him? I'd want to see one more year.

socalrams90

Starter
Almost a blessing in disguise. Saves us from commiting from players who would put us in cap hell next year. This team won't have a problem attracting free agents regardless of how the rest of this season plays out. Our core (Offense) and AD are here to stay.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Littleton? Can you franchise tag him? I'd want to see one more year.

You could, I suppose, but he's a restricted free agent. Originally I thought he'd be a 2nd round tender, but likely will be a first round tender. Likely to cost a bit over $4 million, and if somebody offers him a contract the Rams can choose to take their first instead of matching.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ebukam has been getting better the last 4 weeks he has been in there

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
From what I've heard from Dolphins fans, Suh wasnt a force there either. We got a player on the back end of his career. Not sure why many expect the pro bowl caliber player that he was 10 years ago?

…..

Legend
Not really based on the Saints game. Any doubts about players were solidified before this week.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You could, I suppose, but he's a restricted free agent. Originally I thought he'd be a 2nd round tender, but likely will be a first round tender. Likely to cost a bit over $4 million, and if somebody offers him a contract the Rams can choose to take their first instead of matching.

I've seen enough between last year and this year to say "get him under contract".

He's an excellent tackler, decent in pass coverage and we already know about the ST's prowess.

Give him some of the Suh money coming off the books after this year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With all of the Oline holding that is permitted, an older guy like Suh just isn’t quick enough. Speed is key.

It’s too early to say with Fowler but if he moves to OLB and works out then give him Suh’s money.

Peters? I’m just shaking my head. Even if he is more of a # 2 corner right now he is playing like a back up.

Corner should be a draft priority.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Unless Suh and Peters really turn around their season neither is worth the price IMO. I'm actually pretty surprised in their play. I think we all expected so much more.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I offer Suh $8M at most....and he can't play 90% of the snaps. They have to keep him fresh and apart of a rotation.

Even Donald should not be playing 95% plus. Have to keep him fresh and healthy.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I used to think we needed to offer Hekker a 10 year contract. After yesterday's game, and this season in general, we need to lock him up for, minimum, the next 20 years. Most dynamic special teams player in NFL history.