Any notable Ram injuries?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I've not seen anything in the press / online on the injury status of Rams players - I know that Dunbar has been practicing but that's about it - anyone know of any sources / info??

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cody Davis is all I've seen besides the camp injuries

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not practicing yesterday were starters Barron, Sullivan, Barwin, Whitworth, Davis & Reynolds. Only two were said to be injury issued that was top Nickle-back Safety Cody Davis with a thigh DNP & Josh Reynolds who was limited with a concussion. But are well aware of 2 other injuries that Mark Barron ( broken left thumb )& center John Sullivan has a damaged knee issue.

Rams will most likely cast up the left hand of ILB'er Mark Barron again Sunday. The TE is one of the G-men main targets now but WR Sheppard will be back to play. So Barron is sure to have that bat to wack @ that TE with.

Cody Davis will likely continue to not dress with safety Joyner back to full action now Cody can rest his bruised & pull thigh area. Vastly improving rookie safety John Johnson III settling in as our base starters.

Wade has been utilizing corner NR-C & Blake Countess as his Nickle Defense players. Both did a great job playing against Cards. Joyner most of the time played the slot WR but when Fitz went into the slot corner Trumane Johnson stayed on Fitz. Joyner would then take the outside corner or remain in @ safety with NR-C taking up the outside corner post.

Both swing corner NR-C & safety Countess have been doing well. I am a strong proponent of resigning UFA/NR-C to a moderate nice 2 yr contract (2018/2019) ASAP to lock him in here as the Rams draft in 2018 their 2 starting future outside corners for the 2019 & beyond seasons.

Lucky thing here is former 6th rd 2016 selection safety Blake Countess is already a Ram until 2020 & was used last season as Joyner's back up when he played & started 2 gms @SSLB/Nickle. Countess can play both of Wades starting safety positions & be an emergency Nickle. SS Marqui Christian is not as versatile as Countess/ Johnson III or Joyner.

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Whos is taking snaps at LT for Whitworth? Rams website has Corneilius Lucas listed as his backup, but I think its D Wiilliams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not practicing yesterday were starters Barron, Sullivan, Barwin, Whitworth, Davis & Reynolds. Only two were said to be injury issued that was top Nickle-back Safety Cody Davis with a thigh DNP & Josh Reynolds who was limited with a concussion. But are well aware of 2 other injuries that Mark Barron ( broken left thumb )& center John Sullivan has a damaged knee issue.

Rams will most likely cast up the left hand of ILB'er Mark Barron again Sunday. The TE is one of the G-men main targets now but WR Sheppard will be back to play. So Barron is sure to have that bat to wack @ that TE with.

Cody Davis will likely continue to not dress with safety Joyner back to full action now Cody can rest his bruised & pull thigh area. Vastly improving rookie safety John Johnson III settling in as our base starters.

Wade has been utilizing corner NR-C & Blake Countess as his Nickle Defense players. Both did a great job playing against Cards. Joyner most of the time played the slot WR but when Fitz went into the slot corner Trumane Johnson stayed on Fitz. Joyner would then take the outside corner or remain in @ safety with NR-C taking yp the outside corner post.

Both swing corner NR-C & safety Countess have been doing well. I am a strong proponent of resigning UFA/NR-C to a moderate nice 2 yr contract (2018/2019) ASAP to lock him in here as the Rams draft in 2018 their 2 starting future outside corners for the 2019 & beyond seasons.

Lucky thing here is former 6th rd 2016 selection safety Blake Countess is already a Ram until 2020 & was used last season as Joyner's back up when he played & started 2 gms @SSLB/Nickle. Countess can play both of Wades starting safety positions & be an emergency Nickle. SS Marqui Christian is not as versatile as Countess/ Johnson III or Joyner.
Thanks for this post Bonifay, I didn't know about Barron's Thumb! I hope it doesn't hamper him!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Thanks for this post Bonifay, I didn't know about Barron's Thumb! I hope it doesn't hamper him!!
Oh this may hamper him in his grasping no doubt but just speaking of myself when I played hampered or hurting even my old dog would run & hide.

It may make Mark meaner & :mad:angrier ......think that will balance out?:thinking:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh this may hamper him in his grasping no doubt but just speaking of myself when I played hampered or hurting even my old dog would run & hide.

It may make Mark meaner & :mad:angrier ......think that will balance out?:thinking:
Same here @BonifayRam - I played some of my best games of rugby with either a broken thumb or fingers! Our physiology would run on the pitch, tape the little guy up and off I'd go - full of fire...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

Wade has been utilizing corner NR-C & Blake Countess as his Nickle Defense players. Both did a great job playing against Cards. Joyner most of the time played the slot WR but when Fitz went into the slot corner Trumane Johnson stayed on Fitz. Joyner would then take the outside corner or remain in @ safety with NR-C taking yp the outside corner post.

I do hope Sullivan's injury isn't as serious as it sounds, I like what Blythe has done in a back up role, but I'd still like to get Sullivan out there... and you're right, we need to be all over their TE Engram like a rash, that is unless we've already sacked Manning...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I do hope Sullivan's injury isn't as serious as it sounds, I like what Blythe has done in a back up role, but I'd still like to get Sullivan out there... and you're right, we need to be all over their TE Engram like a rash, that is unless we've already sacked Manning...
I think we should stay in Eli's Face all Day! He'll get happy Feet, and throw INT's! JMHO!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Looks like John Sullivan is ready to go!(y)
http://www.therams.com/team/injury-report.html

Five Rams starters who DNP Wednesday were FP on Thursday:
LB- Mark Barron
LB- Conner Barwin
LT- Andrew Whitworth
OC- John Sullivan
WR- Josh Reynolds

Cody Davis remained out due to injury (Thigh), A new name was starting LG Rodger Saffold DNP Thursday. Saffold absence was Not Injury Related. I wonder who played LG with the first team with veteran Rodger Saffold out?:thinking: Was it LT Darrell Williams, or center Austin Blythe or versatile Andrew Donnal?

Ref. Josh Reynolds ....I would like to see more of him as a serious Vertical Threat who climbs way up the ladder. I know we have Sammy but thus far Sammy reminds me like damp box of of fireworks mortar shells.

Sammy sure is pure beautiful in the way he catches the ball in his magic hands but I want to see a collection of Yards & TD's not pretty ball catching angles. A question I have is ...Can this Rams Org. (who now owns the original contract signed as a rookie & will be a UFA in March) be tagged for one season 2018 so we can get a full TC & pre season with him in this offense before we sign him to a ultra high long term contract?

Last edited:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Looks like John Sullivan is ready to go!(y)
http://www.therams.com/team/injury-report.html

Five Rams starters who DNP Wednesday were FP on Thursday:
LB- Mark Barron
LB- Conner Barwin
LT- Andrew Whitworth
OC- John Sullivan
WR- Josh Reynolds

Cody Davis remained out due to injury (Thigh), A new name was starting LG Rodger Saffold DNP Thursday. Saffold absence was Not Injury Related. I wonder who played LG with the first team with veteran Rodger Saffold out?:thinking: Was it LT Darrell Williams, or center Austin Blythe or versatile Andrew Donnal?

Ref. Josh Reynolds ....I would like to see more of him as a serious Vertical Threat who climbs way up the ladder. I know we have Sammy but thus far Sammy reminds me like damp box of of fireworks mortar shells.

Sammy sure is pure beautiful in the way he catches the ball in his magic hands but I want to see a collection of Yards & TD's not pretty ball catching angles. A question I have is ...Can this Rams Org. (who now owns the original contract signed as a rookie & will be a UFA in March) be tagged for one season 2018 so we can get a full TC & pre season with him in this offense before we sign him to a ultra high long term contract?

That sure is good news about Sullivan!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
DNu-_Z-VoAAVcna.jpg:large

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
8f038841-eb03-44eb-9b52-0a49f15b6e83-jpeg.22707

Time to see what Littleton can do
More like 50+ snaps for Longacre...to prove he's the real deal. Probably more of a role for Samson too....and FINALLY a spot for Price. If he doesn't dress now....season is basically over. Look for him in 2018.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
More like 50+ snaps for Longacre...to prove he's the real deal. Probably more of a role for Samson too....and FINALLY a spot for Price. If he doesn't dress now....season is basically over. Look for him in 2018.

Yep, I'm looking forward to seeing Price potentially play. He was a good pass-rusher at Pitt. He's a Dumervil type, wins with leverage. He's not the biggest guy at 5'11". Undersized, much like another Pitt player that we all know and love.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If Quinn is inactive is would provide opportunities for Cory Littleton IMO. Wade has thus far no spot to get Cory on the field other than as late game relief or ST's for Bones. Cory is just so versatile that you find it hard to put him in any LB'er post. Bottom line I would expect to see Cory playing more behind the Conner Barwin side than where Quinn goofs off each week. I see Barwin getting more action in the Quinn's post myself with Samson Ebukam & Cory Littleton working in @ Barwin's regular post.
Yep, I'm looking forward to seeing Price potentially play. He was a good pass-rusher at Pitt. He's a Dumervil type, wins with leverage. He's not the biggest guy at 5'11". Undersized, much like another Pitt player that we all know and love.
I agree with you here it would be a great time to get Price some action.
Quinn is listed as having an "Illness" What is it!!?!
It could be he is ill because he lost his last move & can not find it. It must have displaced it with the other moves he lost in the land of lost since 2014 season. If it were not for the great mega $$ paycheck he earns each week, I would bench him or make him inactive. I would then use LB'er s Cory Littleton, Samson Ebukam & Ejuan Price to finally get some pressures, hits & tackles coming out of that critical all important weak-side egde rusher post.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If Quinn is inactive is would provide opportunities for Cory Littleton IMO. Wade has thus far no spot to get Cory on the field other than as late game relief or ST's for Bones. Cory is just so versatile that you find it hard to put him in any LB'er post. Bottom line I would expect to see Cory playing more behind the Conner Barwin side than where Quinn goofs off each week. I see Barwin getting more action in the Quinn's post myself with Samson Ebukam & Cory Littleton working in @ Barwin's regular post.
I agree with you here it would be a great time to get Price some action.
It could be he is ill because he lost his last move & can not find it. It must have displaced it with the other moves he lost in the land of lost since 2014 season. If it were not for the great mega $$ paycheck he earns each week, I would bench him or make him inactive. I would then use LB'er s Cory Littleton, Samson Ebukam & Ejuan Price to finally get some pressures, hits & tackles coming out of that critical all important weak-side egde rusher post.

You and Quinn man. Did he steal your lunch money or something?