Any injury news on Battle yet after being carted off the field?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Don't see any threads about this and I can't skim every single thread so sorry if this was talked about some where. But any news on Isaiah Battle's injury? Saw several tweets yesterday about him being carted off the field. Was really looking forward to seeing him play this week so that sucks.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I watched Fishers presser and he mentioned swelling in his knee. Doesn't think it's serious but they're gonna take a look at it. That's all I got.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watched Fishers presser and he mentioned swelling in his knee. Doesn't think it's serious but they're gonna take a look at it. That's all I got.

All right thanks, hopefully just a tweak and nothing serious.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was looking for the same today. This is all I could find that's on the WWW as of this time. Doesn't say anything more that you & I know now.
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/8/17/12527910/los-angeles-rams-isaiah-battle-carted-off-injury

I would say the luckiest Ram OL'er thus far in camp is Andrew Donnal. If we go through that's if we have to go into the season without both our 2015 starting & our top 2016 TC reserve ORT then the OL'er who will see a ton of action is Andrew Donnal & in some way Swindle too. Saffold if he holds up :notsure:, is sure to get backed off as the pre season wears on for the next 3 weeks we will see much more of Donnal.

Just a month or so ago we were posting that the Ram OL'er who was on his way out was Andrew Donnal. Now with Saffold being the only OL'er standing in Donnal his way to being a Ram starting ORT ......who here thinks that the usual injury to Saffold is not just around the corner sooner or later:cautious:.

Another affected OL'er here could be Garrett Reynolds who has not returned to the OL post that he looked so good last season that would be the OLG post , has been working mostly @ back up ORG post behind Jamon Brown. Garrett has spent most his football life playing ORT. If Reynolds does move to the exterior then Rhaney would gain some more time in the lineup @ ORG too.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was looking for the same today. This is all I could find that's on the WWW as of this time. Doesn't say anything more that you & I know now.
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/8/17/12527910/los-angeles-rams-isaiah-battle-carted-off-injury

I would say the luckiest Ram OL'er thus far in camp is Andrew Donnal. If we go through that's if we have to go into the season without both our 2015 starting & our top 2016 TC reserve ORT then the OL'er who will see a ton of action is Andrew Donnal & in some way Swindle too. Saffold if he holds up :notsure:, is sure to get backed off as the pre season wears on for the next 3 weeks we will see much more of Donnal.

Just a month or so ago we were posting that the Ram OL'er who was on his way out was Andrew Donnal. Now with Saffold being the only OL'er standing in Donnal his way to being a Ram starting ORT ......who here thinks that the usual injury to Saffold is not just around the corner sooner or later:cautious:.

Another affected OL'er here could be Garrett Reynolds who has not returned to the OL post that he looked so good last season that would be the OLG post , has been working mostly @ back up ORG post behind Jamon Brown. Garrett has spent most his football life playing ORT. If Reynolds does move to the exterior then Rhaney would gain some more time in the lineup @ ORG too.

It's some scary thoughts and seems like a broken record when it comes to the Rams o-line. Maybe Saffold can make it through a season now that he has two bionic shoulders lol? I wouldn't bet money on it though. The thought of Garrett Reynolds at either tackle spot is scary as well. He is good at guard but he has been down right awful as a tackle when he was with the Lions and Falcons. So you're right that basically leaves Donnal. Hopefully there is some major leap forwards for him his sophomore year if we have to rely on him.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Andy Donnal worked in a strength and conditioning program during the off season. He got a lot of work Tuesday, mostly at RT. He played some with the 1 st team in 11 on 11's. He looked much stronger and didn't seem to get pushed around. You can tell he knows how to play T.

some TC reports over at RFU and elvis put up some good pic's, Battle was on the field stretching, didn't look like he was hurting, no brace.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I sure hope he's OK! I was looking forward to him serving up Pancake's in KC!!:rolllaugh::boxing:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Andy Donnal worked in a strength and conditioning program during the off season. He got a lot of work Tuesday, mostly at RT. He played some with the 1 st team in 11 on 11's. He looked much stronger and didn't seem to get pushed around. You can tell he knows how to play T.

some TC reports over at RFU and elvis put up some good pic's, Battle was on the field stretching, didn't look like he was hurting, no brace.

Yep we knew that Donnal was technically very sound but very week in power last season. Great news on Battle on the sidelines stretching with no brace.

:yay::) you made my afternoon bubbaramfan:bow:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Donnal has looked pretty good thus far. He's been kind of an afterthought with the fans, but the dude looks like he's made a lot of strides.

Battle really can't afford to be missing time. If he can go on that knee he needs the reps to demonstrate what he can do vs the Chiefs. People talk up the competition at the WR position but it has nothing on the OL competition this year.