any ideas on how to stop autoplay videos on yahoo, espn, etc

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
any thoughts on this ? i have adblock, adblock plus, webroot, adguard blocker. they were working fine until a couple of weeks ago and now its back to being a free for all with these damn videos (mostly commercials) yahoo and sportnet are even hiding the video locations so you have to search the whole page.
i dont need to go to those websites, it'd be nice to get rid of the autoplay, (i've already gone to settings in google chrome, so that;s not it.) i have a feeling that more and more sites will learn to outsmart adblock, etc . right now my best defense is to immediately shut down shop and close out the window. i just dislike the EXTREMELY LOUD interruption that comes out of nowhere.
so if someone can help me along with some ideas, i'd appreciate it greatly. if not, i'll just avoid every site that does it. thank you for your support!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks for all the replies and ideas. so far so good. i have no clue how people use computers with none of the above programs stopping all the nonsensical commercials.