Any Goff health updates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is he going to be able to play? Anyone seen any updates?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think it was ever in doubt. Goff seemed very much in control of his facilities when they had to practically pull him from the field.

He's gonna play IMO.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let the guy go out and get his first win against his boyhood favorite team
Lets hope so I put all remaining ROD $ on him and the RAMS and picked the RAMS with my last strike in survivor!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
So maybe Mannion will get to play, if we are leading significantly or losing significantly.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Arash Markazi/ESPN Senior Writer

Jared Goff said he had no doubt he would start Saturday but understood the need for the concussion protocol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
This is my unfiltered opinion. Not that I ever really filter it, but here goes:

I'm sick to freaking death of the NFL acting like it gives a good gawd damn about the players. It doesn't. They'd feed them to the lions if they could find more like them and it paid well enough.

I've not only had a bad enough concussion to have severe post concussion syndrome, but my whole life is neurological issues, what with a lesion in my brain, an idiopathic seizure disorder and daily migraines.

As a former engineer, I've taken the time due to my life being at stake to do tons and tons of research into this. And I say with with far, far, far more than a layman's knowledge.

The NFL's concussion protocol is complete crap.

How can I say this?

Well, they don't really fully understand concussion. In Boxing or in MMA, if a person is knocked unconscious, they have to wait SIX MONTHS before they can compete again and take unfiltered shots to the head again. In the NFL, we saw Michael Bennet CLEARLY be knocked unconscious for several seconds. Completely unconscious. He's GOING TO PLAY THIS WEEK.

The reason CTE exists is that a) we have these repetitive injuries, the concussions and sub-concussive trauma happening. And honestly, I dunno if there's a way to stop all of that from happening. Even using the "Seattle Tackling Method" of which I'm a Massive advocate didn't help Bennett because he just got...caught. But it'd be a big start. b) we have ZERO way of repairing the brain damage that occurs during the concussive trauma.

Now, there's actually the beginning of evidence that there IS a substance that will heal the brain. CBD...Canniboids. The very researcher who discovered THC is doing research in Israel and published research he did on mice where he damaged their brains and then administered a CBD compound and their brains healed. That was thought IMPOSSIBLE.

So... does the NFL give a rat's ass about the players? Hell no. Not ONE iota. And I do mean NOT ONE IOTA. The ONLY reason they stopped LYING about CTE was that the dying players kept committing suicide and the doctor in Pittsburgh kept paying for their tests to prove it was CTE because Allegheny county wouldn't do it (don't want to make the Steeler's upset, ya know).

Is Jared Goff ready to play? I dunno. I have serious doubts, tho. I do know that with the current level of understanding about concussion, NO ONE knows what his current neurological state is or the amount of damage his brain actually took.

If the safety of the players mattered, the NFL would institute ACTUAL reforms like the Seattle Tackling Method league wide and HEAVILY fine leading with the head for offensive and defensive players. Secondly, it would LEAD with studies on CBD research (because it's the THC that gets you high, not CBD) because CBD research has the potential to yield benefits for everyone from spinal and brain injury patients to actual pain management for hundreds of millions around the world that's not habit forming to a number of other applications.

Instead of the NFL being a force for positive change (which, as I demonstrated, it's totally possible to do and completely remain within one's self-interest and make obscene amounts of money), they're so damn busy taking YESTERDAY'S dollar that they needed a freaking BEER company to tell them to get serious about domestic violence.

As for young Jared, I want him to be successful for the Rams for a long, long time. He needs to learn to run out of bounds, for Criminy's sake, but he also needs the team to take better care of him than using the "minimum league protocol" because that's complete garbage.

I mean Michael Bennett's going to play after being completely knocked out. I don't care what any person plays for, that's just not right.

Maybe I'm just getting to the point where I'm less and less inclined to simply sacrifice human lives for my amusement, but this just isn't funny, anymore. It's like the argument Lee Iococa made while at Ford in '68, iirc... that they COULD put seatbelts in all the cars, but it'd be too expensive. Too expensive. Seatbelts.

Yep. Feels a lot like that, actually.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Rams QB Jared Goff set to start vs. 49ers after clearing concussion protocol
6:53 PM ET
  • Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Los Angeles Rams rookie quarterback Jared Goff has cleared concussion protocol and is set to start against the San Francisco 49ers on Saturday. Sean Mannion, a third-round pick in 2015, will replace Case Keenum as the backup so the Rams can get a closer look at him before the season ends, interim coach John Fassel confirmed.

Goff, the 2016 No. 1 overall pick, entered concussion protocol after absorbing a vicious hit from Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman late in last Thursday's 24-3 loss in Seattle. But Goff practiced in full over the past two days and said he felt fine all along.

He never wanted to come out of the game in the first place.

Atlanta Falcons. In Week 15, Sherman got the best of him. With nine minutes left, Goff avoided pressure and ran 15 yards up the sidelines, getting two yards away from the pylon before Sherman knocked him out of bounds.

"If I had seen him, I probably would've gone out of bounds," Goff said. "Didn't see him, kind of came out of nowhere. He made a hell of a play after watching it. He came from all the way on the other side of the field."

Goff will finally get a chance to play against his hometown team, after being inactive when the Rams opened their season against the 49ers in Santa Clara, California. Goff nonetheless called it "just another game to us," saying he is merely hopeful of getting his first win and continually improving.

Five games in, Goff sports a dreadful 24.6 Total QBR, completing 54.7 percent of his passes, averaging 5.5 yards per attempt and throwing four touchdowns to five interceptions.

A lot of the fault lies in receivers who have dropped too many passes and an offensive line that is allowing too much pressure, but Goff himself has also missed an assortment of throws he should make and is still adjusting to the speed of the NFL.

"I just want to continue to feel comfortable," Goff said when asked what he hoped to get out of these final two weeks. "I want to get my anticipation a little bit better. Be able to anticipate guys, where they're going to be, and get the ball out faster, not hold onto the ball so much, and take care of myself in the pocket, and make plays."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18335055/los-angeles-rams-quarterback-jared-goff-clears-concussion-protocol-set-start
APTOPIX_Rams_Seahawks_Football_79140.jpg-3c8f0.jpg

Last edited:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hoping for a strong finish from the kid to give us some hope for the future .

Rambo

UDFA
I don't think Goff was hurt at all. I think he was trying to make light of the hit when he was sprawled out on the ground, but people took him seriously. That should be a lesson, you cant fake/joke being knocked out in todays atmosphere about concussion.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't think Goff was hurt at all. I think he was trying to make light of the hit when he was sprawled out on the ground, but people took him seriously. That should be a lesson, you cant fake/joke being knocked out in todays atmosphere about concussion.
I don't think Goff was hurt at all. I think he was trying to make light of the hit when he was sprawled out on the ground, but people took him seriously. That should be a lesson, you cant fake/joke being knocked out in todays

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
No Bro. He was loopy. Not faked at all.