Any chance the Texans announce a decision before Thursday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Seems like in the past there have been teams who announced their top draft pick before Draft Day? Am I dreaming this or has this happened and do you think the Texans could make a move before Thursday? If, the Texans are really looking to moving down I would think they would wait until the last possible second to make sure they got the very best offer. But, it sure would make it nice for the Rams if this would happen!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If the 2 guys they want are clowney or JF.
Maybe there's a tentative deal in place with ATL.
They take Clowney and either keep him, or trade him to Atl if JF is available when atl picks.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I think the only way it happens is if Atlanta moves up to #1, then they could easily say clowney is the pick. The Texans lose leverage if they announce early, nothing for them to gain by doin that.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Seems like in the past there have been teams who announced their top draft pick before Draft Day? Am I dreaming this or has this happened and do you think the Texans could make a move before Thursday? If, the Texans are really looking to moving down I would think they would wait until the last possible second to make sure they got the very best offer. But, it sure would make it nice for the Rams if this would happen!

I think the Colts only did that because there was basically no chance they were going to pass on Luck. The Texans are more than willing to trade it away so there is no chance that they disclose that information.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah. Unless there is a trade, they use every minute of the clock before making their pick.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
A few weeks ago, I had thought we'd all know by Thursday morning at the latest. Now, it's so quiet that I get the feeling there is something huge brewing between Houston and a few teams, including the Rams. And I don't think a deal like that happens until Houston is on the clock.

I would not be at all surprised to see a 3 way deal at the top with Clowney and Mack going 1.1 and 1.2. While I'm not a big Mack fan, mostly because of his level of competition, I listen when Mayock says he'd take him #1 overall. So I think Mack is much in demand and I believe the rumors that Houston prefers him to Clowney. But they have to take him at 1.1 or he will most likely be gone to Jax at 1.3. So a trade with the Rams and another team craving Clowney (the obvious one is Atlanta but it could be as low as Buffalo at 1.9) is easy to see happening. And since there are several teams coveting Mack and Clowney (there is a significant drop off in edge pass rushers after those two), I think there will lots of offers out there right up until Houston is on the clock. Houston, Jax, Oak, and Atlanta are all likely landing spots for those two players. I don't think we find out until Houston is on the clock.

A few weeks ago, I had thought we'd all know by Thursday morning at the latest. Now, it's so quiet that I get the feeling there is something huge brewing between Houston and a few teams, including the Rams. And I don't think a deal like that happens until Houston is on the clock.

I would not be at all surprised to see a 3 way deal at the top with Clowney and Mack going 1.1 and 1.2. While I'm not a big Mack fan, mostly because of his level of competition, I listen when Mayock says he'd take him #1 overall. So I think Mack is much in demand and I believe the rumors that Houston prefers him to Clowney. But they have to take him at 1.1 or he will most likely be gone to Jax at 1.3. So a trade with the Rams and another team craving Clowney (the obvious one is Atlanta but it could be as low as Buffalo at 1.9) is easy to see happening. And since there are several teams coveting Mack and Clowney (there is a significant drop off in edge pass rushers after those two), I think there will lots of offers out there right up until Houston is on the clock. Houston, Jax, Oak, and Atlanta are all likely landing spots for those two players. I don't think we find out until Houston is on the clock.

What does that trade look like in your mind? Atlanta trade with Houston, take Clowney, and then Houston trade with us take Mack, and we come away with the number 6 pick for example?

Slappy967

Starter
If this trade involves us getting Jake Matthews & Julio Jones then I am all in!

iced

I think the Colts only did that because there was basically no chance they were going to pass on Luck. The Texans are more than willing to trade it away so there is no chance that they disclose that information.

Actually they played the whole Luck thing close to the vest.

It was just that both RG3 and Luck seemed to be both franchise quarterbacks, and were the top players in the draft - Washington really didn't care which one they got.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
What does that trade look like in your mind? Atlanta trade with Houston, take Clowney, and then Houston trade with us take Mack, and we come away with the number 6 pick for example?

In a 3 way deal, it all happens at once. For example, Atlanta gets 1.1 (Clowney) and gives up a bunch of picks (mostly to the Rams), Houston gets 1.2 (Mack) and gets additional picks (mostly from Atlanta but maybe a swap with the Rams), Rams get 1.6 plus the most additional picks (mostly from Atlanta but maybe a swap with Houston too). It could get hairy with all the picks in different years.

Remember the Eric Dickerson trade? It was a 3 team deal that involved 10 total players. The Rams gave up ED and got 2 vets and 6 draft picks from the Colts and Buffalo that they squandered, the Colts got ED, and Buffalo got the draft rights to Cornelius Bennet.