Any camp news today?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

you betcha. i would like some ej gaines news though.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
off day.....Back at it Friday...Scrimmage on Sat:mrburnsevil:...should be some thumping in a packed Coliseum...(y):cool:

@kurtfaulk
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016...s-making-progress-in-return-from-foot-injury/
IRVINE (AP) — Rams cornerback E.J. Gaines knows it could be a lot worse.

Such as last year when he injured his foot during the first week of training camp, had surgery and missed the season.

Or during offseason workouts, when he stood impatiently on the sideline in uniform but still not cleared to practice.

So this is definite progress with the Rams opening their 2016 camp at UC Irvine and Gaines finally cleared to play.

“I was just cleared last week,” Gaines said. “I’m pretty much 100 percent. The coaching staff is taking it slow with me, but for the most part I’ve pretty much been out here for all the snaps.”

Not all the snaps he would normally take. The Rams are being careful to ease him back, continuing to build his foot and leg strength as he regains any timing lost to an offseason on the sideline.

“We’ve been increasing his reps,” Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. “We just have to see how he tolerates that.”

At Wednesday’s practice, the Rams suspected he was feeling the effects of early training camp and shut him down for the last part of the afternoon. They are being careful with his return.

The Rams need him to stay healthy.

Gaines, 23, started 15 games as a rookie in 2014 when Trumaine Johnson was injured. He went into camp last season in a competition with Johnson to start. Johnson won when Gaines was injured. The Rams used their franchise tag on Johnson ($13.9 million) to secure him.

Meanwhile, the other starting corner, Janoris Jenkins, signed as a free agent with the New Giants for five years and $62 million ($29 million guaranteed).

The Rams need another starting corner. If Gaines is the logical replacement, he still has to prove himself fully healed and ready to go.

“That’s no problem,” Gaines said. “I’ve always played with a chip on my shoulder. I think this is just another year I get a chance to go out there and showcase my talent.”

The 5-foot-10 Gaines came to camp listed behind Lamarcus Joyner and Coty Sensabaugh at right corner, but defensive backs are being rotated throughout practice. Sensabaugh got most of the snaps with the starters on Wednesday.

“Coach keeps saying there really are no starters and backups right now,” Gaines said. “Everybody is pretty much rotating to keep it competitive. I think that’s the best for everybody.”

The first preseason game is Aug. 13. The Rams opener isn’t until Sept. 12 in San Francisco. Gaines figures that’s plenty of time to prove he’s healthy and earn playing time.

“He’s coming on and making progress,” Fisher said. “He’s worked hard, came back and hasn’t missed a snap. We’re not giving him the snaps for a week or so that he would normally get, but he gives us the opportunity to have him be in a position to win that job back and compete there.”

Sensabaugh is a fifth-year pro signed in the offseason as a free agent. He started 15 games last season for the Tennessee Titans. The 5-foot-8 Joyner is in his third year with the Rams. He started six games last season.

Now the Rams look to see exactly where Gaines is in his comeback.

“I’m pretty much in good shape and ready to go,” he said. “They gave me a long time to rehab and get my strength back in my legs. It hasn’t been an issue for me to this point.”

Last edited:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I saw a story about EJ. It essentially said he needed to pull back. No one incident. Just putting a lot of pressure on the foot and they may back him down, to ease him into competition.

Hard to say how I feel about this. It could be signs of a chronic thing, or just precautionary measures to make sure he is fully strong, and ramped up properly.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw a story about EJ. It essentially said he needed to pull back. No one incident. Just putting a lot of pressure on the foot and they may back him down, to ease him into competition.

Hard to say how I feel about this. It could be signs of a chronic thing, or just precautionary measures to make sure he is fully strong, and ramped up properly.
About 3 years ago I injured my shoulder snowboarding. I ended up tearing my labrum and getting surgery on it about a year later. I went through about a month of physical therapy and started working out again. I felt much better then before. But every once an a while I still get pain and limited movement in that area. Especially if I strain it too much.

However, I waited a long time before getting surgery and didn't have the experts performing therapy and rehabilitation. Granted, I know how this chronic thing works. That particular area tends to be irritating and painful, but it still has the strength to do the tasks I need to do.

Long story short, it will absolutely bother him for probably ever. It's just how he takes care of it week in and week out. You most likely will read about him not practicing a lot this season.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The only thing I heard was ESPN writers Bill Barnwell and Mina Kimes stating Todd Gurley was over-rated last year. Here is the link to the podcast. Her comments are around the 8:00 minute mark. Neither have any credibility talking about the RAMS. She can't even pronounce former Ram Rodney McLeod's name correctly. Why this stupid network allows crap to be put out there is beyond me. I will be flooding her twitter account with over-rated journalism.

Barnwell questions Todd Gurley's value
Bill Barnwell and Mina Kimes question whether or not RB Todd Gurley was overrated last year and more. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=17219706

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
The only thing I heard was ESPN writers Bill Barnwell and Mina Kimes stating Todd Gurley was over-rated last year. Here is the link to the podcast. Her comments are around the 8:00 minute mark. Neither have any credibility talking about the RAMS. She can't even pronounce former Ram Rodney McLeod's name correctly. Why this stupid network allows crap to be put out there is beyond me. I will be flooding her twitter account with over-rated journalism.

Bill Barnwell and Mina Kimes question whether or not RB Todd Gurley was overrated last year and more. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=17219706
Go get'em Montana!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Just listened to this "pod cast". Sorry, but I'm going to go totally politically incorrect here. The guys sounds like a Seahawks. Can I go ahead and say that? Never trust an effeminate guy talking football. (Lots of those in Seattle) And she with the Rodney Mcleeeod. Way to give yourself away. You know nothing.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sounded like Goff sucked most of the day

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Stupid sport fans need ESPN network so they can feel connected & knowledgeable too;).

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Don't know why I tortured myself by listening to that...

So many moments here where they show a clear lack of knowledge, and make it painfully obvious they only look at stats and never film. Just a couple tools making money and assumptions by reading numbers.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

you betcha. i would like some ej gaines news though.

[losangeles.cbslocal.com]

IRVINE (AP) — Rams cornerback E.J. Gaines knows it could be a lot worse.

Such as last year when he injured his foot during the first week of training camp, had surgery and missed the season.

Or during offseason workouts, when he stood impatiently on the sideline in uniform but still not cleared to practice.

So this is definite progress with the Rams opening their 2016 camp at UC Irvine and Gaines finally cleared to play.

“I was just cleared last week,” Gaines said. “I’m pretty much 100 percent. The coaching staff is taking it slow with me, but for the most part I’ve pretty much been out here for all the snaps.”

Not all the snaps he would normally take. The Rams are being careful to ease him back, continuing to build his foot and leg strength as he regains any timing lost to an offseason on the sideline.

“We’ve been increasing his reps,” Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. “We just have to see how he tolerates that.”

At Wednesday’s practice, the Rams suspected he was feeling the effects of early training camp and shut him down for the last part of the afternoon. They are being careful with his return.

The Rams need him to stay healthy.

Gaines, 23, started 15 games as a rookie in 2014 when Trumaine Johnson was injured. He went into camp last season in a competition with Johnson to start. Johnson won when Gaines was injured. The Rams used their franchise tag on Johnson ($13.9 million) to secure him.

Meanwhile, the other starting corner, Janoris Jenkins, signed as a free agent with the New Giants for five years and $62 million ($29 million guaranteed).

The Rams need another starting corner. If Gaines is the logical replacement, he still has to prove himself fully healed and ready to go.

“That’s no problem,” Gaines said. “I’ve always played with a chip on my shoulder. I think this is just another year I get a chance to go out there and showcase my talent.”

The 5-foot-10 Gaines came to camp listed behind Lamarcus Joyner and Coty Sensabaugh at right corner, but defensive backs are being rotated throughout practice. Sensabaugh got most of the snaps with the starters on Wednesday.

“Coach keeps saying there really are no starters and backups right now,” Gaines said. “Everybody is pretty much rotating to keep it competitive. I think that’s the best for everybody.”

The first preseason game is Aug. 13. The Rams opener isn’t until Sept. 12 in San Francisco. Gaines figures that’s plenty of time to prove he’s healthy and earn playing time.

“He’s coming on and making progress,” Fisher said. “He’s worked hard, came back and hasn’t missed a snap. We’re not giving him the snaps for a week or so that he would normally get, but he gives us the opportunity to have him be in a position to win that job back and compete there.”

Sensabaugh is a fifth-year pro signed in the offseason as a free agent. He started 15 games last season for the Tennessee Titans. The 5-foot-8 Joyner is in his third year with the Rams. He started six games last season.

Now the Rams look to see exactly where Gaines is in his comeback.

“I’m pretty much in good shape and ready to go,” he said. “They gave me a long time to rehab and get my strength back in my legs. It hasn’t been an issue for me to this point.”

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

I'm feeling that not sure whats up fog myself R.Snow... EJ being a year removed from his foot and being so young in age, I expected him to be 100% and running around camp with little to no issues.. Wishful thinking on my part grrrrrrrr.

Well we have our Brittle Bernies of camp like every other team does..

Lets list the qualifiers
crutches.gif

1. Rob Havenstein... TOE/Foot
2. EJ Gaines... FOOT/Ankle/Leg ?
3. Pharoh Cooper.... Quad/Leg
4. Rodger Saffold... only needed new batteries for his bionic shoulders.. no worries
5. Jeff Fisher... Ingrown mustache hair needed deep tweezer removal
6. Defensive Line got their EGO bruised a little bit by the Rams feisty improved O-Line on Wednesday
7. Stan Kroenke.. scratched his 500 thousand dollar watch on the Irvine camp bathroom stall doors
8. Did I miss anyone?

5.gif

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But every once an a while I still get pain and limited movement in that area. Especially if I strain it too much.
From my non-official medical advice logs, sounds like some scar tissue breaking loose....nothing to worry about...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just listened to this "pod cast". Sorry, but I'm going to go totally politically incorrect here. The guys sounds like a Seahawks. Can I go ahead and say that? Never trust an effeminate guy talking football. (Lots of those in Seattle) And she with the Rodney Mcleeeod. Way to give yourself away. You know nothing.

You're not sorry because you still went ahead and said it. And that's not politically incorrect territory. That's prejudiced asshole territory.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
From my non-official medical advice logs, sounds like some scar tissue breaking loose....nothing to worry about...

Glad to see your Medical degree finally being put to good use around here LACHAMP ;)... I was getting worried about him

foot-illustration.jpg

plantar.jpg

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
You're not sorry because you still went ahead and said it. And that's not politically incorrect territory. That's prejudiced icehole territory.
Edit: I am sorry Jrry. I should have stuck to the guys general cluelessness and left out the fem. comments.

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Yeah, that breaking up scar tissue can hurt almost as bad as the original injury.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right. I'm not sorry. Effeminate guys give me the creeps. Just haven't "evolved" to current societal standards I suppose. (Or yours, Jrry) I suppose I could have just kept that little nugget to myself.

Yep. Probably would be for the best. You add a lot of great content. No reason to post something that might make another person feel like shit because of who they are. I don't know if any homosexual men post on this forum, but if they do, they shouldn't have to read something like that.

You're a smart guy and a quality poster. Let's just stick to criticizing ESPN journalists for their ignorance. ;)