Anthony Hargrove 8 games suspension for bountygate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Jo-Lonn Dunbar safe
As per NFL Network 5 mins. ago

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
what the hell was the nflpa thinking when it granted the nfl commish exclusive pwr to execute these sorts of decisions & punishments. I haven't reviewed the precise language of this new cba, but why grant your vendor/employer such extreme pwr over your members? Seems like an outrageous oversight that was not an essential negotiating point to concede

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I understand Vilma getting the full year...

but then you have a 8 game, 4 game, and a 3 game suspension handed out to 3 other players. What the hell determined the lengths of these ??? Was it the dollar amount they collected ? Seems very odd because a player is either guilty or not,,, why the differences in suspensions ?

Commandant Goodell doesn't have to explain himself of course, so we just need to accept his decision without question .

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Poor Spags. Takes over a team that needs essentially a new roster, gets fired, and now has to take over (and install) a defense that's going to be missing players. Guy couldn't buy a break during a break sale at Breaks R Us on Break Day with Break Coupons.

Name
Guido
X said:
Poor Spags. Takes over a team that needs essentially a new roster, gets fired, and now has to take over (and install) a defense that's going to be missing players. Guy couldn't buy a break during a break sale at Breaks R Us on Break Day with Break Coupons.

Actually, he is walking into a good situation. With the three free agent additions at LB's they will be much more talented even without the presence of Vilma. The only other Saint to be suspended is Will Smith, who missed the beginning of last season, as well. There is a troop of good young DE's ready to take his place.

That's it. That is the full extent of the suspensions as it affects the Saints. I am expecting a repeat as NFC South champs this season with the offense fully intact and the defense improved.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
AsylumGuido said:
X said:

Actually, he is walking into a good situation. With the three free agent additions at LB's they will be much more talented even without the presence of Vilma. The only other Saint to be suspended is Will Smith, who missed the beginning of last season, as well. There is a troop of good young DE's ready to take his place.

That's it. That is the full extent of the suspensions as it affects the Saints. I am expecting a repeat as NFC South champs this season with the offense fully intact and the defense improved.
God love ya Father. It may be a "good" situation, all things considered, but it's the second time in as many job opportunities where he's handicapped right out of the gates. Obviously not as extreme as the first go-around (2009) or his final stand (2011), but you have to admit it could have been much better for him (players and coaches suspended, missing draft choices this year). Don't get me wrong here - he is still a very good defensive coordinator, and he did more with less than any other coach I've ever seen. Literally. Not many coaches lose 10 corners in a single season and are still able to be even remotely effective against the pass.

Come to think of it, that's never happened before.