Anquan Boldin to be FA?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Word is Boldin will not retire.

<a class="postlink" href="http://usat.ly/XynJau" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://usat.ly/XynJau</a>

At 32 he's long in the tooth; but maybe he's our veteran presence?

Here's the story;

Anquan Boldin could soon be looking for work as an NFL free agent, contrary to a previous statement by the Baltimore Ravens receiver that he would retire rather than join another team.

Boldin has rejected a Ravens proposal to reduce his salary, and is preparing to become an unrestricted free agent if released, according to a person person with knowledge of the negotiations.

The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because talks are ongoing.

Boldin, 32, is entering the final year of a four-year contract and is due a $6 million base salary in 2013.

He won't budge to take a pay cut, as the Ravens try to maneuver under the $123 million salary cap before the start of the new league year on Tuesday.

Boldin's cap number for 2013 is $7.531 million, and the Ravens are trying to clear room to retain projected free agent linebacker Dannell Ellerbe, among other moves.

"Once he's decided, you might as well try to move the Rock of Gibraltar," the person told USA TODAY Sports of Boldin.

Boldin, still in Africa as part of a humanitarian mission, could not be reached for comment by USA TODAY Sports.

After the Ravens' Super Bowl XLVII victory against the San Francisco 49ers, Boldin told NBC Sports Radio that he would retire if released by the Ravens.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Re: Anquan Boldin to be FA?

If he doesn't retire...hell yeah!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

I like this fit! Big bruising WR presence, Vet, ring winner, flaccid is a similar QB to Bradford and could be the vet locker room presence we need too

bluecoconuts

Legend

If the price was right I'd be all over that. I just don't think he'll be in our rage at all.

A55VA6

Legend

He'd be a great target for Sam. But it's pretty unlikely we would land him.

jap

Legend

If he came to us, he could really teach Brian Quick all the ins and outs of using that big body to beat defenders.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jap said:
If he came to us, he could really teach Brian Quick all the ins and outs of using that big body to beat defenders.

Yes.

And... His price tag should be reasonable due to his age.

But, like others, I doubt it happens.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Simba

Rookie

I think 7 m.$ can't be a good deal for Rams.Expecially for a 31 years old man.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I fully support flirting with the proposition of bringing Boldin in here to mentor these young WR's...and contribute.
One of the toughest NFL players out there.

duckhunter

Starter

I like Boldin as much as anyone but I don't think he's a fit. Ask Sammy which type of receiver he'd like, T Holt or Boldin, and I bet he'd take Holt. The two receivers who Sammy had the most rapporte with were Givens and DA. That's no coincidence.

Sammy likes route runners and we want to force red zone threats down his throat.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

As the world turns...

Maybe he's staying in Baltimore after all?

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9034272/anquan-boldin-baltimore-ravens-asked-restructure-contract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90342 ... e-contract</a>

Wide receiver Anquan Boldin, who played a big role in Baltimore's run to its second Super Bowl title, tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Ravens have not asked him to restructure his contract.

Boldin said on Saturday that Baltimore might have to do a restructuring of some sort, but to this point and his knowledge, the Ravens have not.

As for his future, Boldin told Schefter that he would speak with his family before he makes any decisions, but as far as he is concerned and knows, he is planning to play for Baltimore next season under the terms of his current contract.

Boldin is scheduled to earn $6 million in the coming season. He carries a $7.531 million salary-cap figure.

Fox Sports reported earlier Saturday that Baltimore gave Boldin an ultimatum: Take a pay cut or get cut on Tuesday. USA Today Sports later reported that Boldin had rejected Baltimore's offer but that the sides were still discussing the matter, and that Boldin is prepared to test free agency if Baltimore releases him.

ESPN and other media outlets have reported that the Ravens do want to reduce Boldin's salary as they try to free cap space to retain free-agent linebacker Dannell Ellerbe.

The Ravens were expected to keep Boldin after the team didn't have to use the franchise tag on quarterback Joe Flacco, who signed a six-year, $120.6 million deal.

In the playoffs, Boldin caught 22 passes for 380 yards receiving (95 yards per game) and four touchdowns. He has led Baltimore in receiving yards in each of the past three seasons since being traded from Arizona.

Boldin, 32, said last month that he would retire if he was cut by the Ravens. Since the Ravens won the Super Bowl, linebacker Ray Lewis and center Matt Birk have retired and Baltimore has released guard Bobbie Williams.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Im with Duckhunter, I wouldnt bring Boldin in.

He's an aging WR on the wrong side of 30, that will still command a lofty salary, and doesnt really offer explosive play potential. I'd rather have DA back