Another Trivia Question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both the LA Dons and the LA Rams played the same team in the Los Angeles Coliseum. What team was that? (Again, no looking at the internet for the answer!)

SierraRam

Recreational User
49ers? They were in that same defunct league I believe..

@DaveFan'51 should know. He had season tickets in 1946. ;)

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
49ers? They were in that same defunct league I believe..

@DaveFan'51 should know. He had season tickets in 1946. ;)
You got it. The LA Dons and the SF 49ers were in the same division in the All American Football Conference (AAFC). The Dons were disbanded after the AAFC merged into the NFL for the 1950 season, while Niners became a new NFL Franchise in the 1950 season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For fun, the LA Dons were the first professional football team in LA to play in the LA Coliseum...just a couple weeks ahead of that other new team from Cleveland....:sneaky:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, another acceptable answer would have been the Buffalo Bills. The Baltimore Colts migrated from the AAFC into the NFL in 1950, but soon folded. Baltimore was granted an expansion franchise in 1953, which they used the Colts name again.

edit: The LA Rams played the original Baltimore Colts at the LA Coliseum in 1950, and beat them 70-27 (no typo)!

So the LA Dons and LA Rams played the 49ers, Bills, and Colts at the LA Coliseum.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've heard that name before....I think it was a high school team named the Dons....My question, where do they get that name, Dons, from? What was a Don?
A "Don" is a Spanish word that implies respect towards a man. The old Mexican Land Grants were run by a Spanish "Don" often (pure Spanish blood sometimes, royalty).....It would apply for some in Spanish California

0W1Nmtd.png

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that the Dons is also the name for the university of San Francisco with notable alumni of Bill Cartwright and Bill Russell!