Another big Jared Cook game coming

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cook must be immature...much like the entire team is so young we cant realistically expect a win at the moment.. We still have no idea what to expect. One week its lights out and they play awesome., the next its like they disappeared into a dark cave and we're left wondering "wtf".

Its rather frustrating.
Something we are all guilty of, myself definitely included...is simply looking at what the Rams are doing and not what the upcoming opponent is doing.

Sure, we upset Indy and it sure seemed like they were a tough team going in...so it's easy to feel a high after that one. In retrospect, they were overachieving and have really come to miss Reggie Wayne.

The Bears are a shell of what they once were. Their defense has gotten old and is riddled with injuries. The Rams have nothing to apologize for but I think it is more than fair to say the Bears have a reputation that is bigger than their talent level right now.

After a couple ass whoopings being handed out we all though the Rams would give the 9ers everything they could handle. Unfortunately, I think the QB situation made things closer than they could have been...plus the 9ers are a really good team, whether any of us like them or not.

Now, we are on to the Cardinals. They are a better team than they were in week 1. They aren't a great team....I think they are very similar to the Rams in terms of talent and ability. But I also think the Rams have more up-and-comers than the Cardinals. And to get back to my original point of this thread, the Cardinals have been perhaps the worst team in the NFL this season in defending against TEs. Cook hasn't been consistent but he does have the tools. Now is a good week to expect him to take over a game.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
And we could sure use him to do exactly that! Someone has got to catch the friggin' ball this week.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Something we are all guilty of, myself definitely included...is simply looking at what the Rams are doing and not what the upcoming opponent is doing.

Sure, we upset Indy and it sure seemed like they were a tough team going in...so it's easy to feel a high after that one. In retrospect, they were overachieving and have really come to miss Reggie Wayne.

The Bears are a shell of what they once were. Their defense has gotten old and is riddled with injuries. The Rams have nothing to apologize for but I think it is more than fair to say the Bears have a reputation that is bigger than their talent level right now.

After a couple ass whoopings being handed out we all though the Rams would give the 9ers everything they could handle. Unfortunately, I think the QB situation made things closer than they could have been...plus the 9ers are a really good team, whether any of us like them or not.

Now, we are on to the Cardinals. They are a better team than they were in week 1. They aren't a great team....I think they are very similar to the Rams in terms of talent and ability. But I also think the Rams have more up-and-comers than the Cardinals. And to get back to my original point of this thread, the Cardinals have been perhaps the worst team in the NFL this season in defending against TEs. Cook hasn't been consistent but he does have the tools. Now is a good week to expect him to take over a game.
Well Sum, NOT to put to fine a point on your post,I didn't underestmate the Niners and if out recs. had caught the ball and we hadn't gone desperate with the fake,they could have been had,NOT BTW that they aren't a good team, but we didn't just beat those last two we spanked them.

OTOH I agree Jared Cook has a shot at a good game Or as a decoy

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I'll set something up...but it seems ROD lost 90% of its gross domestic value this past week. LOL
I forgot to bet it all. I apologize and won't let it happen again.

But yeah, I can see Cook having another breakout game.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Well Sum, NOT to put to fine a point on your post,I didn't underestmate the Niners and if out recs. had caught the ball and we hadn't gone desperate with the fake,they could have been had,NOT BTW that they aren't a good team, but we didn't just beat those last two we spanked them.

And if he does, the other receivers should be open as a result. Quick and Bailey could be prolific this week!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
70 targets and 40 catches so far this year. 7 receptions in the first game against Ariz with 4 games where he was targeted 5 times or less 3 of those 3 times or fewer. The adjustment to KC from Bradford and going to a game plan where the throw 20 times or fewer there aren't a lot coming his way.

HOWEVER, the drops and taking plays off when he is not the primary target have been a problem. I don't expect him to ever be THE guy or that this offense will ever have THAT focus on one player. He can do better but we could be doing worse too. Some of the drops have been him trying to hard some of been poor throws.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

I disagree with you on a few points.

Had we punted the ball away we'd still have been down 10 points and the offense wasn't exactly marching all over the 49ers. Though the botched fake punt was the nail in the coffin I wasn't seeing anything against the 9ers that gave me confidence they were going to pull it out playing it straight. I think the fake call was risky but also aggressive in a good way...the 49ers played it about as good as they could have and the Rams just didn't execute.

And I agee we spanked the Colts...but the Bears game was a little closer than the score indicated. The final score looked like a complete ass kicking...but not until the Robert Quinn TD did I feel like the Bears were put away.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
70 targets and 40 catches so far this year. 7 receptions in the first game against Ariz with 4 games where he was targeted 5 times or less 3 of those 3 times or fewer. The adjustment to KC from Bradford and going to a game plan where the throw 20 times or fewer there aren't a lot coming his way.

HOWEVER, the drops and taking plays off when he is not the primary target have been a problem. I don't expect him to ever be THE guy or that this offense will ever have THAT focus on one player. He can do better but we could be doing worse too. Some of the drops have been him trying to hard some of been poor throws.

Ehh...that sounds like more of an excuse than a reason. He is still getting balls thrown his way. He needs to take advantage of those targets and at times he hasn't.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I disagree with you on a few points.

Had we punted the ball away we'd still have been down 10 points and the offense wasn't exactly marching all over the 49ers. Though the botched fake punt was the nail in the coffin I wasn't seeing anything against the 9ers that gave me confidence they were going to pull it out playing it straight. I think the fake call was risky but also aggressive in a good way...the 49ers played it about as good as they could have and the Rams just didn't execute.

And I agee we spanked the Colts...but the Bears game was a little closer than the score indicated. The final score looked like a complete ass kicking...but not until the Robert Quinn TD did I feel like the Bears were put away.
My problem with the fake was 10 points is a score and an onside kick, yeah we weren't moving the ball, but it isn't EVEN like we hadn't done it to them last year,JMO you don't put it on the line like that as long as a good break can be all you need.

AND FWIW the missed passes made it less of a surprise, it went against my philosophy on when to get desperate.
Bears game ,yeah closer but they counted those points and to me it was a product of relentlessness so I count it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ehh...that sounds like more of an excuse than a reason. He is still getting balls thrown his way. He needs to take advantage of those targets and at times he hasn't.

Tenn 6 targets 3 receptions 36 yards 1TD
Indy 2 targets 1 reception 17 yards
Chicago 5 targets 4 reception 80 yards 1TD
SF 6 targets 3 receptions 49 yards

It could be better he has admittedly had a few drops but it isn't like they are targeting him 10-12 times per game or making an effort to get him the ball ni the red zone every game.

Remember the Seattle game, who did they throw to on the last play? The big guy getting paid major $$ or the unproven WR. We all know.