Angry Ram's angry draft pt 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm not gonna even deal w/ FA this time around. They aren't gonna be major players (which is fine) and outside depth guys isn't gonna be much. Do think they resign Danny and SJack comes back as well as Hayes. Maybe...maybe Gibby. But other than that the rest go buh-bye.

OK, picks. Now this is what I think they'll do, not what I would do (but of course I defer to them).

1a. Previous pick: Chance Warmack. I don't think Warmack, Kenny Vacarro, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson will be there @ 16. That means someone new.

New pick: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee.

102412_WEB_d_Vols_Cordarrelle_t618.jpg

I've been watching him on youtube and he looks like Larry Fitzgerald (and not b/c of the dreads). Just based on body type. IDK about his production considering he only had 1 year in division I. Think it's too early for Jon Cooper in real terms (who I would take @ 16).

1b. DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama Rams needs help on the OL, in more than just pass blocking.

Screen+Shot+2011-12-13+at+10.32.38+AM.png

2. Previous pick: Jospeh Randle.

New pick: DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina. My gut says I don't think they'll wait until the 3rd round to get a safety.

J+Swearinger+Missouri+v+South+Carolina+-bo1S5AAx1Ml.jpg

3. Previous pick: Bacarri Rambo

New pick: DJ...j/k. Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama. He has lots of minor injuries which might make this guy "fall." He's a beast just like his Bama buddy DJ Fluker. Plus he can be OG/C/OT..w/e.

Barrett-Jones2.jpg

4. Honeybadger, CB, LSU. There's a need for a return man more than a CB..Honeybadger fills both.

hi-res-136646556_crop_exact.jpg

5-7. I think they get a TE, OLB, and another S. Too many players and some may come out of left field.

And yup, an all SEC draft. At least the 1st 4 rounds.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I like that draft, pretty solid. If they were targeting Patterson, I don't think they'd resign Gibby. Patterson would essentially replace him. Only he's better obviously. Quick, Patterson, Givens, Pettis, Amendola... I like how that looks.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
I like that draft, pretty solid. If they were targeting Patterson, I don't think they'd resign Gibby. Patterson would essentially replace him. Only he's better obviously. Quick, Patterson, Givens, Pettis, Amendola... I like how that looks.

+1

I like the targeting of honey badger too. Has an attractive risk reward profile that late. Where do must project him to go?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Damn you Angry, haven't you been fighting me on Patterson???? lol. I like the draft.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
Damn you Angry, haven't you been fighting me on Patterson???? lol. I like the draft.

But...but...OK. I think there's a chance CP gets drafted. I'm more anti-DT tho. Thanks man.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Angry Ram said:
DR RAM said:

But...but...OK. I think there's a chance CP gets drafted. I'm more anti-DT tho. Thanks man.
I love you man! CP is a freak isn't he? You say Fitz, but if he's Fitz, he's Fitz with way more speed and wiggle. Fitz has better ball skills though.

When you watch him (Patterson) run as a back...it took me a while, but then it hit me, he looks like Eric Dickerson running the ball, but with more moves. Put 20 lbs on the kid and he might be the best RB in the NFL, IMO.