Andy Benoit breaks down Rams - Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1587474-sis-andy-benoit-film-thoughts-rams

SI's Andy Benoit film thoughts on Rams
1283261_63.jpg

BREAKING BURGUNDY
Yesterday at 9:38 PM
he shared with Twitter his film review thoughts on the St. Louis Rams from their Week 1 win over the Seattle Seahawks. As a reminder, the Rams visit FedEx Field Sunday to take on the Washington Redskins.

Except more directly from Andy on this site later this season. He provided very interesting commentary on the Redskins quarterbacks among other topics. As you'll find out shortly, he did the same with his analysis of the Rams on both sides of the ball.

Just to help set the scene...Tavon Austin scored touchdowns as a punt returner and on the ground in the Rams 34-31 overtime win. Nick Foles threw for 297 yards and the defense recorded six sacks with two each from Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn.

Be warned, some of this legitimate frightening in the context of the Redskins' depleted secondary and inexperienced offensive line.

(Note: I tried cutting and pasting the tweets from Benoit - but it just doesn't come thru - you will have to click on the link - but his analysis is worth it IMO)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you guys for doing what I couldn't. I can't wait for this computer fad to be over.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

View: https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/643960141981704192

Yes. By then the confidence was off the charts.
They started to play with swagger knowing their unit (Defense) could put the clamps down on their O.

Not many big plays out of the Seahawks O when they need them. The D did a good job, Lynch got a third of his yards on one run, take that out (yes I just went Haslett) and he had 17 carries for 49 yards. Jimmy Graham only got 51 yards. Wilson got sacked 6 times, hit 9 times and hurried a bunch more and had a 6.1 YPA.

I'd say the D did a good job slowing down/stopping the Seahawks key weapons. If they play like this each week nobody is going to be happy to see them, this is a HARD day for an offense when a defense is playing that fast and getting into the backfield in groups of 2-4 players.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I clicked on the link of Benoit breaking down the Washington QB's. His breakdown of the Redskins QB's is not kind. See below:

AB: It's a matter of who has the least amount of weaknesses at that point. McCoy is not an NFL starting caliber QB either. With Cousins, you have the turnovers and I think he needs so much functional space to throw. He needs so many circumstances around him to be stable and steady I don't think you can rely on him to run the offense week in and week out.

With Griffin, it's even worse than that because he doesn't have any sense right now of basic quarterbacking fundamentals. That's from an intellectual standpoint as far as reading the defenses go, understanding his route concepts and at times understanding pass protection. It's certainly from a physical standpoint because his footwork doesn't sync up to a lot of the passes the play call is designed for. He doesn't move well within the pocket. He doesn't read sets. He's a running QB more than a throwing QB as we all know, but he doesn't run very well any more. He's got leaps and bounds to go just to being an average NFL quarterback.

*UPDATE - To clarify, Benoit's comments are based on previous play from all three quarterbacks. He has yet to see the Redskins live in advance of the 2015 season.

- From: http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1564925-those-limitations-can-t-be-hidden-anymore