Andrew Whitworth in 2006 Would Have Changed Rams History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope. Nope. Nope.

I wouldn't change ANY of the pass.

Any of those guys come and maybe we are stuck with Linehan longer or Spags longer or Fisher longer... and just NOPE.

I think we're set up to be very good for DECADES.

i think we'll bitch and moan over 9-7 seasons as disappointments and needs for "big changes".

Every misstep brought us to this point and I like it here... so I wouldn't change a thing.
Yes...Yes...Yes Mac!

After Linehan, we most likely "miss out" on both Spags and Fisher due to timing. The last two were hot commodities when they were selected to be the Rams HC and so if Linehan's departure was delayed at all due to mediocre success, that changes the coaching succession. And, no GM Billy Devaney

I think Bulger's career has a different ending? Our records most likely would be different and therefore we pick differently in the draft. We had the first and second pick multiple times, under the old rookie contract rules. Most likely Chris Long and Jason Smith are not Rams with the 2nd overall picks (and those horrendous rookie contracts). Most likely, no Sam Bradford. Sam won the ROY through dinking and dunking his first year but due to various factors he was a bust.

What if a we picked a decent Head Coach who himself picked a quality staff? WHat if the St Louis Rams won another Super Bowl before 2015?

Embrace the possibilities!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
And those guys were instrumental in helping the defense to be turned around from historically bad to 3rd in the NFL. Obviously it wasn't just them, Aeneas was the main reason - but while those three picks mostly didn't pan out, at least it helped get us a Super Bowl berth, and obviously in that Super Bowl our defense played well, only allowing 13 points (and really less, because their TD came off another turnover I believe).

That was Lovie. It's not a coincidence that after those players were out of Lovie's system, they pretty much vanished.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
8-8 was the best record until McVay's first year. That 8-8 BS was better than Fish ever did. Right Fish?
LYQzE0Z.gif
Yeah but that 8-8 was achieved by clinging to the dingleberry of a former great but now aging roster.

At least Fisher clipped the dingleberries and got this team off the shitter.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but that 8-8 was achieved by clinging to the dingleberry of a former great but now aging roster.

At least Fisher clipped the dingleberries and got this team off the shitter.
SJAX wasn't a dingleberry and Whit might have been the missing piece in 2006/2007. Bulger had over 4300 yards in 2006 and couldn't be described as a dingleberry back then. It just seems a shame that we wasted 12 years to get a good coach and a decent team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
i think we'll bitch and moan over 9-7 seasons as disappointments and needs for "big changes".

Every misstep brought us to this point and I like it here... so I wouldn't change a thing.
Deserves a re-post. Perspective folks. I've said before that a "down year" used to mean 2-14, no hope in sight, bad drafting, bad coaching, meager talent.

Last year was a down year at 9-7 and barely missing the playoffs. That should IMO be the expectations moving forward.
Perennial playoff team with an occasional dip to mediocrity.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
SJAX wasn't a dingleberry and Whit might have been the missing piece in 2006/2007. Bulger had over 4300 yards in 2006 and couldn't be described as a dingleberry back then. It just seems a shame that we wasted 12 years to get a good coach and a decent team.
I think we held onto a few guys for too long. But...we couldn't draft for shit anyway so maybe its a moot point.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we held onto a few guys for too long. But...we couldn't draft for shit anyway so maybe its a moot point.
The whole thread is under the premise that everything was different, including talent evaluators who were bad at their jobs in 2006. They would have to have been better to pick Andrew Whitworth over that shyte show, Joe Klopfenstein. I would pick the other curtain in "Let's Make a Deal" instead of wait 12 years for a team not to suck.

nighttrain

Legend
the one move that could have been and would have changed Rams history, drafting Ndamukong Suh #1 overall instead of Sam Bradford in 2010
train

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
the one move that could have been and would have changed Rams history, drafting Ndamukong Suh #1 overall instead of Sam Bradford in 2010
train

Drafting Jay Cutler ??
or better yet if you want to know how shitty of a statement that is vs. this

Haloti Ngata

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/801972-oregon-ducks-football-best-defensive-lineman-of-all-time

Wondering where Suh is on this list.

Going another direction. Let’s say Matt Ryan over Chris Long.

I’ve always been about the QB’s though.Hold more value.
Freaking what happened to Spags Pillers ? Build an offensive line & see what Sam Bradford could have done.

Just saying it was nice to see Suh help take The Rams to The SuperBowl after everything has been said & done. No take backs,such as life.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Ah Russel Wison over Iseah Pead.

Btw the Ryan pick was never going to be made because of the contract given to Marc the year before

And I really believe Spags wanted Suh.