Andrew Whitworth doesn't think he'll make Hall of Fame: 'I'm not popular enough'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usatsi_12084226.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 4 hours ago

Andrew Whitworth has been one of the best left tackles in the NFL the last four years. He’s been the model of consistency in that span, too, missing just one game in 2017 when the Los Angeles Rams rested their starters in the season finale.
With four Pro Bowl selections and two first-team All-Pro honors, Whitworth has more than proved his worth as a starting left tackle – which is one of the toughest positions to play in football.

He was deserving of a Pro Bowl selection last season, too, earning an overall grade of 83.1 from Pro Football Focus, allowing only four sacks all year.
Yet, the man himself doesn’t think he’ll make it to Canton one day. Whitworth said on “Pardon My Take” that he doesn’t believe he’ll be a Hall of Famer when it’s all said and done.

“No, I don’t think so. I don’t know, I’m not popular enough,” Whitworth said.
Offensive linemen don’t necessarily have stats to compare like players at other positions do. Wide receivers have yardage totals, quarterbacks have touchdown passes, pass rushers have sacks and tackles. Judging linemen is far less statistical and based more on voters’ observations.
What might hurt Whitworth’s chances of making it to Canton is his lack of playoff wins. He has two on his resume, both of which came last season. His four Pro Bowl selections, which he mentioned in the interview, are not exactly eye-popping, either.
When discussing with Big Cat and PFT what he can do to boost his resume, Whitworth suggested he should post on Instagram how well he plays each week.
“Be like the Instagram posts where I just keep talking about how good I am constantly,” Whitworth joked. “Like ‘I dominated this week’ with the pictures. I love those guys. No matter if their team lost by 40 or not, like, ‘I had a great day.’”
Whitworth may never make it to Canton, but if he plays a few more years, makes a couple more Pro Bowls and wins a Super Bowl with the Rams, it might give voters something to think about.

I don't think Big Whit knows his ROD fans very well. Someone get this guy a ROD cap and an interview. Dude, we want you to extend your contract, ... do I have to put it in CAPS for you to hear ?

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
usatsi_12084226.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 4 hours ago

Andrew Whitworth has been one of the best left tackles in the NFL the last four years. He’s been the model of consistency in that span, too, missing just one game in 2017 when the Los Angeles Rams rested their starters in the season finale.
With four Pro Bowl selections and two first-team All-Pro honors, Whitworth has more than proved his worth as a starting left tackle – which is one of the toughest positions to play in football.

He was deserving of a Pro Bowl selection last season, too, earning an overall grade of 83.1 from Pro Football Focus, allowing only four sacks all year.
Yet, the man himself doesn’t think he’ll make it to Canton one day. Whitworth said on “Pardon My Take” that he doesn’t believe he’ll be a Hall of Famer when it’s all said and done.

“No, I don’t think so. I don’t know, I’m not popular enough,” Whitworth said.
Offensive linemen don’t necessarily have stats to compare like players at other positions do. Wide receivers have yardage totals, quarterbacks have touchdown passes, pass rushers have sacks and tackles. Judging linemen is far less statistical and based more on voters’ observations.
What might hurt Whitworth’s chances of making it to Canton is his lack of playoff wins. He has two on his resume, both of which came last season. His four Pro Bowl selections, which he mentioned in the interview, are not exactly eye-popping, either.
When discussing with Big Cat and PFT what he can do to boost his resume, Whitworth suggested he should post on Instagram how well he plays each week.
“Be like the Instagram posts where I just keep talking about how good I am constantly,” Whitworth joked. “Like ‘I dominated this week’ with the pictures. I love those guys. No matter if their team lost by 40 or not, like, ‘I had a great day.’”
Whitworth may never make it to Canton, but if he plays a few more years, makes a couple more Pro Bowls and wins a Super Bowl with the Rams, it might give voters something to think about.

I don't think Big Whit knows his ROD fans very well. Someone get this guy a ROD cap and an interview. Dude, we want you to extend your contract, ... do I have to put it in CAPS for you to hear ?

Well, he's a Hall of Famer to me!
IMO it's difficult to overstate what he's meant to the Rams since he came here.
Heckuva guy too. Hall of Fame guy.

BC

tempests

Hall of Fame
Kind of had London Fletcher's career at OT. Everyone he played with or against knew how good he was, only gained recognition from everyone else once he was in his 30s.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Kind of had London Fletcher's career at OT. Everyone he played with or against knew how good he was, only gained recognition from everyone else once he was in his 30s.

Fletcher was incredible in Washington. Most efficient defender I’ve ever seen. He seemed to know what was happening even before the offense did.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno Big Whit...Not everyone gets to the playoffs, and very few make it to Super Bowls. If you win one this year, that may be all that it takesl All I know is that without you and Greg Robinson is still the penalty machine, human turnstyle at LT...I don't know if the Rams even make the plays the last couple of years...