Andre Johnson...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Would ya? He is either getting cut or traded by Houston.

I'm usually opposed to getting old free agents. The Baltimore Ravens did very well last year with old guys like Steve Smith and Owen Daniels. Anquan Bolden has been great despite being old for a while. Who is on board?

Ltrautman

MIZ
Would ya? He is either getting cut or traded by Houston.

I'm usually opposed to getting old free agents. The Baltimore Ravens did very well last year with old guys like Steve Smith and Owen Daniels. Anquan Bolden has been great despite being old for a while. Who is on board?
I think I'll pass, he'll demand more money than what he's worth. He could potentially mentor the younger guys but he would also steal some of their targets.

Give me Cooper at 10th overall

A55VA6

Legend
I would like it, but I don't really think STL is a likely destination.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Report: Andre Johnson will be released if Texans can’t find trade partner
Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 2, 2015, 8:40 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptg2ytrhzgfhmji5ngmwmmnhnmq4mzczotq0zwzhzmi5-e1415043337959.jpeg
Getty Images
One of the standout wide receivers of his generation is set to leave Houston.

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, the Texans are allowing Andre Johnson to seek a trade. If Johnson is not dealt, he will be released, theChronicle reported.

According to the Chronicle, the Texans told Johnson he would have a lesser role in 2015, which led him to ask for his departure from Houston.

Johnson is slated to make $10 million in salary in 2015, per NFLPA data.

The No. 3 overall pick in the 2003 draft, Johnson has played his entire 12-season career with Houston, catching 1,012 passes for 13,597 yards and 64 TDs. He has made seven Pro Bowls.

While Johnson turns 34 in July, he should nonetheless appeal to clubs looking to add a proven veteran presence to their receiving corps. He caught 85 passes for 936 yards and three TDs in 2014.

A Miami (Fla.) product, Johnson quietly starred on a string of mediocre-to-poor Texans teams early in his career. Houston finally made the playoffs in 2011, his ninth NFL campaign.

If Johnson’s Texans career is indeed at an end, he will leave having caught 10 passes for 134 yards and a touchdown in his final game with the club, a 23-17 victory over Jacksonville in December. Though the Texans took care of business in the season finale, they fell just short of the playoffs. In many ways, it was an apt end to Johnson’s run in Houston — the star wide receiver doing his job well while the franchise fell just short in the end.

With Johnson likely gone, third-year wideout DeAndre Hopkins will become the Texans’ go-to receiver, a role he’s probably ready to assume.

Nevertheless, it will be jarring to see Andre Johnson, one of the Texans’ all-time greats now and forever, playing for someone else.

fancents86

Starter
Would rather gamble with Jacoby Jones. Would be cheaper and I think he would fit right in with Britt and quick.

Also like the idea of him and Tavon sharing returns.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. Better off with Britt if we're gonna spend money on a receiver that isn't Torrey smith or Jeremy macclin.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I love AJ, but no. Don't get me wrong, he would step in and right away be the best WR the Rams have had since Holt, but the Rams need to develop someone for a more long term solution. They have one more year to figure out if Quick is that guy, and I would hate to see him stagnate behind a short term solution. He is also probably looking for a team that is a little closer than the Rams are perceived to be.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
His foot is screwed...Always misses games..As much as i am a fan of his, i would stay far away from him..Lastly i don't think i need him stealing snaps from the youth whom are ready for a bigger role.

ram007

Starter
I am not excited about Rams WR groups besides Quick. Even Quick was good only for a handful of games in his 3 years. Having Andre Johnson on other side of Quick will be fantastic. I will take him on 2 year 10 million dollar deal with $8 million guaranteed.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
If the price is reasonable, why not? Time to start sprinkling in a couple veterans with this young team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I haven't seen much of his game the last couple years. Not sure if he can still dominate or even demand double coverage anymore. Also, hasn't he missed some time with injury?

I was pining for him a few years ago. I'm thinking pass at this point.

Simba

Rookie
We have different needs at this moment.He is a great receivers, little bit old and injury prone in recent times. But with our difficult cap situation we need focus our attentions on OLM.I think keeping Britt would be cheaper and better!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The rams brought in their vet wr in britt. I don't think they're gonna go after another one.

Unless, of course, if they don't reach an agreement with britt. At this stage of their careers britt is the better option.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He has had a great career but it's effectively finished now. His production has fallen off but his salary has stayed high. It would just be an absolute waste at this point.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He has had a great career but it's effectively finished now. His production has fallen off but his salary has stayed high. It would just be an absolute waste at this point.
85 catches and 936 yards is outstanding production from a Rams standpoint.

lockdnram21

Legend
Nope he wouldn't want to come here without a good experienced qb. Plus he's not a need wr need a Qb . WR wasn't a problem this season. I would rather go after a TE then a receiver