....and on to acceptance....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Done with the anger and grief stages....ah, here is acceptance, my old friend.

To be a Ram fan means year after year after year playing endless games that dont matter....this year it appears is no different.

I tempered my expectation telling myself (resonably) that it is a very young team ect. and I projected at 7 or 8 wins. I find it very doubtful at this time that the Rams can beat Jacksonville (the supposed worst team in the NFL) next week. The Rams are right now the worst team in the league. I would Minnesota right there but they at least have a guy on O that can make plays. It is disgraceful. The worst part of it is only the delusional among us (no offense) expected 11 or 12 wins....we could take these loses if the team was competitive.

The Rams had an offense a couple of years ago that one of the worst in NFL history....that was better than what we have seen the last two weeks.

In terms of running the ball either the Rams staff (Fisher, scouts, Snead ect.) are way out of touch in evaluating talent or it is what Schottenheimer is running out there. No push at all in the line. No lineman getting to the second level. The Whiners lineman were living beyond the line of scrimmage picking off our LBs all night. None of the RBs are NFL ready, clearly. If the plays are sound then I would have OL and RB in pads tomorrow....two times. If you watch the Whiners running plays and our running plays it is like watching the blocking schemes of a hard nosed pro team and a Pop Warner team.

Bradford is turning into Sanchez before our eyes....tight, unsure, hesitant. The amazing thing about the "old boys network" of the NFL is guys can continue to fail and find work. There were other guys out there, someone mentioned Hue Jackson in a different threat, perfect example. Austin clearly has not adjusted to the NFL game.

Like Sanders said in the post game; slow starts, hesitant QBs, bad offenses....one guy in common. I would like to think (with the long time between games) Schott would be gone tomorrow morning. But, I dont think there is much hope even if that happens. Having a QB coach or someone else try to implement new things a quarter of the way through the season....dont know what that will do. But, we do know what we have with Schotts' O.

Individual talent (which this team has....at least accourding to the stop watch) doesnt mean anything without coaches, players ect being in sync. We all lied to ourselves when we didnt see it in the preseason. There is no hiding it now. This team is not good. There were improvements last year....mostly because of the D. Somehow the staff has managed to turn the strength of last years team into a weakness. Bad tackling, guys out of position, long runs....physically dominated up front. Langford was pathetic today, both in execution and in effort. He would be very close to getting walking papers if it was my money he was stealing. Armstrong should start the rest of the year at OLB....this team will be lucky to notch 4 wins unless something dramatic changes, see what he can do.

Want to make a statement? Schott cleans out his office tomorrow.

Hate to say it but Detroit, Cleveland, Arizona (at least until a HOF QB who was cast off by this "great" organization as being washed up)....these are the joke franchises of the NFL. Year in year out losers who cant find a way to overcome their own incompetence. St. Louis is right there with them. A once proud team is a joke. Really hate to say it. Maybe things can turn around, maybe Fisher and Snead will end up being great. The first step in that process has to be able to accept reality. I fear we will get more placating from Fisher and more sub 200 yard offensive days.

The crawl after the game on NFL Network said Rams plan to extend Bradford....the real question at this point is would he want to stay? If he believes in his ability why would he?

Being a Ram fan has turned into the same thing as being a fan of say Sly Stallone. You dont watch his movies because you enjoy great acting....your a fan and you know what your gonna get. You buy your ticket and watch the show, no matter how bad it is.

No offense Sly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I oughta ban you right now.

Stallone isn't a great actor?

CLEARLY you never saw Rhinestone.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNPPf4RbQeg[/youtube]

ausmurp

Starter
I'm not sure Bradford will want to stay here either, not sure why he would. People say we have talent around him, but we don't really. When you compare our WRs to Boldin for instance, you can clearly see that he is 2x as good as any WR we have, period. V. Davis is MUCH better than Cook - Cook is so inconsistant. My point is, Bradford could go to a team with actual weapons at WR and TE, and be much MUCH better than he is here. For some odd reason, we just can't seem to give him weapons. You can't count Tavon as a weapon, he's a rookie and is not making an impact, and is dropping a large % of his targets. There are 3 types of QBs in the NFL, 1. Elite QB who can win regardless, 2. Game manager type who needs a team to win, 3. Backup QB. Bradford is definitely a game manager who needs a team to win, like Flacco, Rothlisberger, etc. If Bradford played for the Bengals he wouldn't look much better than Dalton. So either give him REAL talented veteran weapons, or cut losses and try to find that elite QB.

Lions aren't really a joke man. I know people like to compare them to the Rams, but Stafford is loads better than Bradford. He threw for 41 TDs and 5000 yds, that is not something to overlook. That is one of the best seasons from a QB in NFL history. And no Bradford couldn't have done that with Calvin, sure he'd be better but he wouldn't have thrown 41 TDs. The IT factor people talk about, I like to think of it as, in terms of a QB, he finds a way to throw TDs no matter. Stafford has IT, Brees, Peyton Manning, Brady, even Eli although he's throwing a lot of interceptions, finds ways to throw TDs. Bradford doesn't seem to throw TDs. We always have settled for FGs ever since he took over, even before he took over. Not sure what that is. And the way Fisher acts, it's almost like he can't explain it. We Fish I'll explain it, this franchise is cursed dude. Might as well tank it and get fired, and then go take over for USC. It's your only chance for happiness. (I wouldn't be surprised if that is exactly what's happening, Fisher tanking it for the USC job).

ausmurp

Starter
For the record I'm not implying Stafford is as good as Brees, P. Manning, Brady, etc. He is not an elite QB, but he is better than a game manager. The dude throws over 300 yds every game. He is much better than E. Manning, Roethilisberger, etc. Opinion.