An interesting draft rumor...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yamahopper said:
DR RAM said:
JdashSTL said:
How would you guys rank the top 5 DTs in this class? Which one has the most upside?

#1 Dontari Poe - and he has the most upside, IMO.
#2 Kendall Reyes - like his speed, power combo, pass rushing skills.
#3 Brandon Thompson - very powerful.
#4 Alameda Ta'amu - quick as a cat, but wears down in games, or would be higher.
#5 Devin Still - like his push.

DT's are very hard to evaluate. I probably like Ta'amu better than anybody. Most of my guys are NT types.

Great list Doc. I like your take.

Call this the looking for the next Sapp list. Teams have been known to do this. Slim results thogh.

1 Brockers.
2 Poe.
3 Cox
4 Still
5 Worthy.
I like your list too. I haven't seen enough of Worthy to rank him. Tell us what you like about Brockers.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Yamahopper said:
DR RAM said:
JdashSTL said:
How would you guys rank the top 5 DTs in this class? Which one has the most upside?

#1 Dontari Poe - and he has the most upside, IMO.
#2 Kendall Reyes - like his speed, power combo, pass rushing skills.
#3 Brandon Thompson - very powerful.
#4 Alameda Ta'amu - quick as a cat, but wears down in games, or would be higher.
#5 Devin Still - like his push.

DT's are very hard to evaluate. I probably like Ta'amu better than anybody. Most of my guys are NT types.

Great list Doc. I like your take.

Call this the looking for the next Sapp list. Teams have been known to do this. Slim results thogh.

1 Brockers.
2 Poe.
3 Cox
4 Still
5 Worthy.
I like your list too. I haven't seen enough of Worthy to rank him. Tell us what you like about Brockers.

I'm not a big Brockers fan myself. If I did have to take a DT at #6 he would be it, but rather go another way.
What makes him the hot pick is a combo of his size and how at times he flashes game control and the fact he is only just turned 21. Teams see his upside and think he could be the dominate DT along with Suh for the next decade. By reports he is very coach-able and is not scheme dependent. Coaches see him as a player that they can mold into their system without having to deprogram him from being in his col. system for so long. It's also tempting with the rookie cap to take a developmental player like this. His cap # won't kill the team if he busts.
Potential is what he is.

A pick like this no different than taking a QB and giving a couple years to develop.