An idea about a 10 round draft this year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There used to be a lot more rounds and they gradually reduced them over the years.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Three more rounds to choose players like Cale Garrett? Where do I sign up?!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Three more rounds to choose players like Cale Garrett? Where do I sign up?!

No, these are your priority FAs.

Like Corey Littleton, Morgan Fox, Malcolm Brown, John Woffered, Donte Deayon, Johnny Mundt, Natrez Patrick, Nsimba Webster, Darrious Williams, Chandler Brewer, etc...

Not all stars, but role players. A few of those who are still here have a shot to be considerable impact players.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I love this ideal. :love:

I am sure that Snead would like this ideal. Rams being handed 3 draft selections would come in very handy since we need RB's. Locking up 2 to 3 RB/FB's late Saturday afternoon should provide some serious fireworks in competition. I am not as high on Henderson as most are in here & I have no faith in Brown to remain healthy period.

Rams will not play in round 1 & 5 nor will the Rams play in 1, 4 & 5 in 2021. So I say this does help the Rams who need draft ammo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
David "Deacon" Jones was drafted by the Los Angeles Rams in the 14th round of the 1961 NFL Draft. He never forgot it....
rRjyCMb.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wow...I can't believe I agree with anyone associated with the Pittsburgh Steelers....Let's go Ten, it's perfect!
1586310901160.png

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's likely a 1 and done to keep in line with limited ability to meet with players. I'd support it. Les seems to know who he's targeting and would likely still get his players.
Some teams will balk at the idea of not having a chance to get a guy in free agency. Draft him then and you won't have to worry.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I dig this idea. It would take a little of the pressure off of us since we don't have many picks the next two drafts. It would certainly make me feel better knowing we could almost address every need with 3 more picks. Fingers crossed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

what's the point? isn't that what the 7th round is for, contacting possible udfas and trying to lure them to sign with your team once the draft is finished.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Report: Kevin Colbert suggests three more rounds of 2020 draft

In adjusting to the limited-info reality of the 2020 draft, Steelers G.M. Kevin Colbert has invoked the franchise’s legendary, four-Hall-of-Famer draft (and one undrafted Hall of Famer) 1974 process. Colbert reportedly wants the next draft to have another similarity to 1974: More rounds.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that, in a recent conference call regarding the unprecedented 2020 draft, Colbert suggested three extra rounds to the seven-round process, given the absence of player visits to team facilities, most Pro Day workouts, and private workouts.

Colbert’s suggestion, which likely will go nowhere, underscores the reality that the draft, which is a crapshoot even in normal years, could be even more crap and less shoot this year. So Colbert reportedly thinks teams should have three extra lottery tickets in lieu of the open-season, free-for-all, land rush that happens after the draft ends.

One league source who already had real concerns about the no-holds-barred clusterfudge chase for undrafted free agents has expressed even greater worry that this year will be even worse as teams insist on firm answers from undrafted players even before the draft ends. It’s a blatant violation of the rules, but like so many other rules that routinely are broken, everyone does it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It’s an interesting idea. My first thought is we’ve always done well with UDFA. Not sure it benefits us. But, interesting.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Curious to see the statistics on players ranging from 5th round - undrafted. Seeing improvement there compared to previous years would warrant expanding the draft to 10 rounds