An early look at Rams' predicted win total/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
An early look at Rams' predicted win total
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/8617/an-early-look-at-rams-predicted-win-total

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Now that the NFL draft is done and most of the offseason roster reconfiguring is done, the Las Vegas Hilton has released its projected 2014 win totals for every team in the league.

Of course, trying to peg how teams are going to fare without seeing any free-agent or draft additions on the field is nearly an impossible task but that doesn't mean it's not worth taking a look.

As one would suspect, the projected over/under for the Rams is right where you'd think after consecutive seven-win seasons under coach Jeff Fisher. The early number from Vegas is 7.5.

Seeing as how the Rams have not won eight games or more since 2006 and have been unable to reach .500 under Fisher, it's fair to wonder if they can surpass that number. Beyond that, the Rams have one of the league's most difficult projected schedules heading into the season. Although preseason strength of schedule rarely matches up with the actual strength of schedule, there are a number of teams that figure to be a safe bet to win their share of games.

Just using the NFC West division as an example, Seattle is projected to win 11 games, while San Francisco and Arizona are estimated to win 10.5 and 7.5, respectively.

The Rams made some savvy moves in the offseason and their draft looks great on paper. But it's understandable for Vegas and anyone else, for that matter, to remain skeptical that they can take the next step until proven otherwise.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I met my wife in 2006, and my Rams have not had a winning season since. I'm betting the over on 7.5, I'll wager the spouse. A double or nothing scenario, I know....but I really believe!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I met my wife in 2006, and my Rams have not had a winning season since. I'm betting the over on 7.5, I'll wager the spouse. A double or nothing scenario, I know....but I really believe!

:LOL:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Is your wife "Hot"?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Nick should know this isn't a win prediction, it's a gambling line designed to make a profit. How could he not know that?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Maybe it's time you seek out a good divorce attorney? You know, take one for the team...

They probably saw that Rams and Gators posted the over/under in the Sports Book here at 7.5 and figured they better follow his lead.

Bastards!

Hope you're referring to the other bookies in that and not me :unsure::p.

The 6.5 was an old article (March 7th, 2014), it was 7.5 when I made the book.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Take my wife, please! Had to go there! I'll say 10 wins at least, and the playoffs!