Amendola is shocked. SHOCKED, I tell ya!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WR Danny Amendola said a “shocking amount” of the offense has already been installed and more continues to be added. “We put seven, eight, nine concepts in a day,” Amendola said. “We're putting a lot in and it's going well. It's (similar to the) West Coast, but it's more explosive than the West Coast. It's the most intricate offense I've ever had.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-repo ... t/19280852

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Coach Jeff Fisher on WR Danny Amendola: “He’s very instinctive. He’s got great quickness and hands. He’s a smart player and knows how to get open. He makes the tough catch and understands how to run routes and diagnosis and differentiate between zone and man coverage.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page ... louis-rams

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not too complicated please. That is what everybody complained/made excuses about last year.

P.S. I know we didn't have an off season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
Not too complicated please. That is what everybody complained/made excuses about last year.

So does Salas.

Second-year WR Greg Salas is grateful to have a full offseason to learn a new offense, something he missed as a rookie because of the lockout. Salas reminds this year's rookies how good they have it this year because there are offseason practices to “work the kinks out and be ready for game plans by the time you get to training camp.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-repo ... t/19280953

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:

So does Salas.

Second-year WR Greg Salas is grateful to have a full offseason to learn a new offense, something he missed as a rookie because of the lockout. Salas reminds this year's rookies how good they have it this year because there are offseason practices to “work the kinks out and be ready for game plans by the time you get to training camp.”

New coaching staff, new scheme, EVERYBODY is happy to have an offseason. Still makes me worry. We have all read articles about Sanchez struggling with the load of Shotty's offense. Bradford isn't Sanchez, but we don't even know what Bradford is yet. If Sam ends up knowing this offense well right away, then I guess we will know more about him. Everything that we know so far is that he is one darn smart cookie, but it takes more than that to play well together as a team.

The offensive line can't jump on 3rd and 1. The receivers have to choose the right route/option during the play, etc.....etc....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

So does Salas.

New coaching staff, new scheme, EVERYBODY is happy to have an offseason. Still makes me worry. We have all read articles about Sanchez struggling with the load of Shotty's offense. Bradford isn't Sanchez, but we don't even know what Bradford is yet. If Sam ends up knowing this offense well right away, then I guess we will know more about him. Everything that we know so far is that he is one darn smart cookie, but it takes more than that to play well together as a team.

The offensive line can't jump on 3rd and 1. The receivers have to choose the right route/option during the play, etc.....etc....

You can't just forget about his rookie year.

New system, language, then. The WRs weren't exactly superstars either.

The big thing is the coaches put Sam in a posistion to succeed. Eventually letting him take over. Oh and I hope they take away line calls from him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Angry Ram said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

So does Salas.

You can't just forget about his rookie year.

New system, language, then. The WRs weren't exactly superstars either.

The big thing is the coaches put Sam in a posistion to succeed. Eventually letting him take over. Oh and I hope they take away line calls from him.

I don't forget about anything. Sam is the guy. I am a big fan of his, but we can't keep making excuses, even though this year he is set up for more of them - New system, rookie receivers, coming off an injury, new blocking scheme. We need Bradford to play well despite all of this, and it's not going to be easy.

steferfootball

Starter
I'm with you Dr. Ram. I'd rather have a simple Shurmur offense than a complex McD.

But perhaps they coaching staff has implemented their offense in such a way that our players understand it really well due to their history.... i donno.