Amendola doesn't rule out playing against Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Even being in the same general vicinity of the rest of the team, Amendola provides a spark.

Amendola doesn't rule out playing against Patriots

MATTIAS KAREN, AP Sports Writer
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/arti ... 981483.php

628x471.jpg

LONDON (AP) — St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola is recovering faster than expected from a right shoulder injury, and even thinks there's an "outside chance" he can play against the Patriots on Sunday.

Amendola returned to practice this week, but was limited both Wednesday and Thursday at the team's sessions in London. The Rams' leading receiver this season hurt his shoulder against Arizona on Oct. 4 and was originally expected to miss at least two more games.

However, Amendola said he hasn't ruled out playing against New England at Wembley.

"It kind of depends on how I feel tomorrow," Amendola said. "There's an outside chance I could play. If not, then I'll just wait another week. We have a bye week next week and it might be smart to sit out, but at the same time I want to play and go from there."

Amendola showed no visible signs of the injury as he caught passes and punts on Thursday, and said his recovery is going quicker than he anticipated.

"I'm almost there," he said. "There's some work to be done, I still need to get some range of motion back and get more comfortable with how I feel. I think I'm going to try to do some more tomorrow and get some more team aspect going into practice instead of just doing individual work."

Coach Jeff Fisher also didn't rule out using Amendola on Sunday, but cautioned that the wide receiver was also eager to get back on the field immediately after his injury.

"We'll have to wait and see how the week goes on," Fisher said. "He practiced better today. ... He's a competitor, and he loves to play, and we can't wait to get him back."

Amendola led the team in receptions (32) and yards (395) before his injury, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick said he doesn't expect the Rams' offense to be much different without him.

"I think they still try to do their basic things, they just work around it a little bit," Belichick said. "I wouldn't say they've changed their offense (without Amendola). He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but I think they still try to run their offense. They have real good backs, the running game is obviously really important to them."

Regardless of whether Amendola plays, quarterback Sam Bradford said it was a boost to the team to have him back on the field in practice.

[hil]"Just the guys seeing him out there, knowing that he's close to coming back, I think he gave everyone a bit of a spark,"[/hil] Bradford said. "He never wants to miss a play, and you really respect him for that."

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
As much as I would LIKE to see Amendola play ,it's my experience that a coach should NEVER listen to a player about whether he can go unless it's to sit him. EVERY player will try to suck it up and go when they shouldn't ,their testimony is USELESS ,they will ALL push the envelope beyond the point of good sense.

I was critical of last years coach for playing Bradford when he was not really ready to play and would be if Fisher played Amendola this Sunday.
If he wants to suit up ,OK ,but IMO this is more about costing the Pats. practice time and angst preparing for us.

Whenever this situation arises I always think of the time Jerry Rice had knee surgery in season and came back to play and tore the knee up AGAIN first game back.
The inclination to be macho isn't congruent with good sense a lot of the time,I'm on record before the fact ,if DA plays,gets hurt and his season is over, I will be critical of Fisher.
Discretion is often the better part of valor.
Regardless the outcome of this game ,and IMO if we win we are viable for the playoffs and if we lose we are doubtful, losing Amendola for the season would compromise out playoff chances AS MUCH as losing this game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I seriously doubt Amendola will play. Every interview I've seen of him makes me believe he's being coy about it and won't flat out say that he's not going to play. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Amendola was brought along on the trip and is making all these media appearances specifically to make NE gameplan accordingly instead of focusing on a game plan without our most dynamic receiver.

Could be. Maybe.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I have a solution:

Wait for it.....

JhNL.jpeg

Can't get hurt that way. hehe.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I like it.

Make it happen, Cap'n.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulHO_dbyBSg[/youtube]

bluecoconuts

Legend
He'll be back after the bye week. I think he's getting some time in and he's not ruling himself out just so the Pats have extra work to do.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If Amendola isn't playing, the Rams are going through all the steps to not show it. He is now listed as Questionable for the game which usually means a player actually plays. Most of the time in the NFL when classified as "Questionable", they play. I don't think he does though. I bet he dresses though.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Ramhusker said:
If Amendola isn't playing, the Rams are going through all the steps to not show it. He is now listed as Questionable for the game which usually means a player actually plays. Most of the time in the NFL when classified as "Questionable", they play. I don't think he does though. I bet he dresses though.

So what you're saying is that the rams are using Amendola as a decoy?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Killgasm said:
Ramhusker said:

That's my vote.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Killgasm said:
Ramhusker said:

That's my vote.

Watch the Patriots wave Salas as soon as this game is over.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Killgasm said:
Ramhusker said:

That's my vote.

Watch the Patriots wave Salas as soon as this game is over.

That would be telling wouldn't it?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
It was my first thought when I heard they'd trippled his salary.
He probably has scout team duty and knows more about their defensive calls than some of their defensive players.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
He probably has scout team duty and knows more about their defensive calls than some of their defensive players.
I dunno. Why would the Patriots give a late round draft pick up to get information for one non-conference game when the Rams hadn't even fully installed their defense yet or fully assembled their team? Seems like a little bit of a reach to me.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
I dunno. Why would the Patriots give a late round draft pick up to get information for one non-conference game when the Rams hadn't even fully installed their defense yet or fully assembled their team? Seems like a little bit of a reach to me.
You are looking at it from the opposite angle I was implying, when Amendola went down with Salas vulnerable on the Pats practice squad the Rams could have signed him for something more than the Pats were paying him ,but suddenly they trippled his salary which IMO was to KEEP St.L from getting him before they play us and utilizing his knowledge of the Pats offensive plans and even some info on how they set up to defend people.
I'm not implying the Pats were LOOKING for info, I'm implying they were PROTECTING info with that move.

Anyway, this just occurred to me, Amendola comes to London and works scout team to mimic Wes Welker ,WHO BETTER?, both came from the same school are as similar as recs. can be, WHO BETTER?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Honestly I don't think the Rams were looking to bring Salas back, they practically gave him away, hardly played him in the preseason, there was something they didn't see with Salas, I don't think that changed with Amendola's injury.