Amazon announces their broadcast team for TNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Andrea Kremer has been a reporter for ESPN, HBO and NFL Network for probably 25 years.

She's very good and knows her crap about football.

That covers about 75% of the job for Color and about 30% of the job for play-by-play. Not sure who will do each. It would be nice if they bring it.

'course the bar isn't set too high by their Fox counterparts.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Cam watching this game like...

As I was watching this video it was still loading, and froze at this moment :11 into the video....

27C91F24-C385-4E90-A87F-8A4FC53FDE83.png

...which I think was ironic. I think it captures the innocence of Cam’s reaction. All the moralizing and pontificating can just suck my azzzz. I reacted the same way to the girl talking football.

I think Cam needed to realize the PC bubble we live in, but I actually felt bad for him that he was blasted so hard for this response.

It’s funny how in some ways “being yourself” is to be celebrated, yet for some “being yourself” means setting yourself up to be flogged by the PC police.

I can’t stand Cam Newton. But this moment of honesty was, to me, an candid and normal reaction to the novelty of hearing a soft female voice talk x’s and o’s.

Not an example of “toxic masculinity”. I don’t even know if the female reporter was offended, or not, but those that expressed outrage maybe need to “check their own privilege.” The privledge of mob mentality.

Edit: by the way, I have no problem with females breaking into the reporting world. And I don’t think Cam does either. They’ve been there in small numbers for years, but i think it is normal for it to take some getting used to it.

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On Fox’s broadcast yes. These two ladies will do the stream that Amazon is doing the last 11 TNF games is my understanding.

Yup, already on Amazon's site. Free for Prime members, starting with the Rams' game Thursday.

So I'll stream The Good Place over the weekend from NBCs site

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I gotta be honest, I couldn’t care less if a guy or girl is commentating. Just be good at it. If your commentating skills are engaging and informative, I’m all about it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As I was watching this video it was still loading, and froze at this moment :11 into the video....

View attachment 26338

...which I think was ironic. I think it captures the innocence of Cam’s reaction. All the moralizing and pontificating can just suck my azzzz. I reacted the same way to the girl talking football.

I think Cam needed to realize the PC bubble we live in, but I actually felt bad for him that he was blasted so hard for this response.

It’s funny how in some ways “being yourself” is to be celebrated, yet for some “being yourself” means setting yourself up to be flogged by the PC police.

I can’t stand Cam Newton. But this moment of honesty was, to me, an candid and normal reaction to the novelty of hearing a soft female voice talk x’s and o’s.

Not an example of “toxic masculinity”. I don’t even know if the female reporter was offended, or not, but those that expressed outrage maybe need to “check their own privilege.” The privledge of mob mentality.

Edit: by the way, I have no problem with females breaking into the reporting world. And I don’t think Cam does either. They’ve been there in small numbers for years, but i think it is normal for it to take some getting used to it.
If Cam wasn't already such an immature child i think this incident would have been less toxic.

Psycho_X

Legend
I gotta be honest, I couldn’t care less if a guy or girl is commentating. Just be good at it. If your commentating skills are engaging and informative, I’m all about it.

Yeah, I can't stand the majority of the male broadcasters out there so might as well try something new out.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I tend to mute announcers anyway, and listen to music and have a gamecast up. I might listen briefly before I get annoyed

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
indeed. I could listen to Dani do a game. Collinsworth, not so much.

Yeah, I can't stand the majority of the male broadcasters out there so might as well try something new out.
Don’t care what gender. Good is good. Obnoxious is obnoxious.

I tend to mute announcers anyway, and listen to music and have a gamecast up. I might listen briefly before I get annoyed

Akrasian, cuing up Rick Astley, in preparation for Thursday night...

upload_2018-9-25_15-0-42.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, this looks like an obvious attempt to appeal to a different audience, on the surface. But, unless they are willing to go with totally unknown broadcasters, which experienced men are they going to get? They are all tied up with other networks. So, these two women may be a better bet than some less experienced men.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

View attachment 26338

20 years ago, I'd be with you, but one has to live in a pretty thick bubble to think women are new to the technical details of sports, no matter which sport.

The weirdest part is that people think it's "new" that women know sports. They've known for a long time. It's only now that women are getting broadcasting jobs besides "sideline reporter" which for many organizations even of late had much more of a "spokesmodel" vibe than that of a legit sports reporter that some folks are noticing.

/shrug.

I'm not surprised that Cam was surprised, tho. Anyone who wears hats like he wears isn't too plugged into the outside world...

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
20 years ago, I'd be with you, but one has to live in a pretty thick bubble to think women are new to the technical details of sports, no matter which sport.

The weirdest part is that people think it's "new" that women know sports. They've known for a long time. It's only now that women are getting broadcasting jobs besides "sideline reporter" which for many organizations even of late had much more of a "spokesmodel" vibe than that of a legit sports reporter that some folks are noticing.

/shrug.

I'm not surprised that Cam was surprised, tho. Anyone who wears hats like he wears isn't too plugged into the outside world...
I don’t know, Mac. I didn’t say women were “new” to the game. I made note that they’ve been around for years. I also noted that Cam should have been more aware.

My only point is that it IS a bit unusual to hear a young lady talk football lingo. Maybe you travel in different circles.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
At least we no longer have to listen to Jon Gruden kissing everyone's behind on every MNF broadcast. This is a good reason to root for the Raiders because if Mark Davis fires him early he might return to his old job.