Amazing NFL Sunday Ticket deal I heard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
On the radio today I heard that if you pre-order Madden 25 (coming in August) on Amazon you also get Sunday ticket plus red zone channel for a TOTAL of $100. The game is $60 to start with so if this is true thats crazy, but I haven't checked myself.

A code comes with the game that you use for the Sunday ticket

Shawnbb158

Starter
Yes its true but limited # available
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=playbooktech&id=4824

New 'Madden' includes NFL Sunday Ticket

By Jon Robinson | May 17, 2013 12:00 PM
Are you a football fan on the fence about whether or not to buy the latest version of “Madden” when it hits stores on Aug. 27?

Courtesy of EA Sports
The "Madden NFL 25: Anniversary Edition" comes with far more than just the video game.
Might be time to jump off that fence.

EA Sports will be selling “Madden NFL 25: Anniversary Edition” exclusively through Amazon.com for $99.99, and not only will it include a special 17-week subscription of rare cards for those who play Madden Ultimate Team, but it will also include a full season of NFL Sunday Ticket Max.

That’s right, buy this version of “Madden 25,” and you get to watch every game of the 2013 season on your tablet, or mobile device thanks to DirecTV.

There will only be 50,000 copies of the anniversary edition available for purchase per platform (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3), and with the inclusion of Sunday Ticket, EA Sports expects to quickly sell out.

Fans with DirecTV won’t get a code to simply watch Sunday Ticket on their current dish. Instead, they can use the code to watch it on their tablet, computer, or mobile device.

If you don’t have DirecTV, you have two options: Sign up for DirecTV and get $10 off your monthly bill for a year plus Sunday Ticket for free on your mobile devices, or access the Sunday Ticket content for free through your computer, tablet or smartphone.

Add it all up -- the video game ($60), Sunday Ticket ($299.95) and 17 weeks of Ultimate Team (about $100) -- and that’s over $400 worth of content.

“We wanted to thank our fans by giving them a way to celebrate all season long,” says Anthony Stevenson, the senior director of marketing for EA Sports who specializes in the “Madden” brand. “When you think about the value, this is a no brainer.”

Here is a more detailed look at everything you get when you purchase the game, courtesy of EA Sports:

• Fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

• Fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers can access NFL Sunday Ticket on computer and mobile devices using their current DirecTV username and password.

• For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

• Owners of the Anniversary Edition will also receive an exclusive pack of Madden Ultimate Team cards each week of the NFL season, starting Week 1 through Week 17. These special anniversary packs will include two rare players, four silver players and four bronze players.

Aside from the “Madden NFL 25: Anniversary Edition” announcement, I asked Stevenson a variety of questions on the current and future state of the franchise. Here’s what he had to say about everything from the next generation systems, to the exclusive deal between EA Sports and the NFL.

Stevenson on the upcoming game and what’s to come down the road for the series:

“Madden 25 on Xbox 360 and PS3 really represents the culmination of eight years of innovation. This is the pinnacle, and this will be the best version of ‘Madden’ on this hardware. We’re really red-lining everything that this hardware can deliver. This is an exciting time because when you think of what’s to come down the road with some of these announcements, with Microsoft having their announcement coming up in the next couple of days, this is an exciting time, and we look forward to the new school of gaming platforms of experiences.

“We’ve double-downed on gameplay the last few years, and I think it’s fair to say that what we’ve done the last couple of years is make sure that anything we invest in is not a throw-away. It’s not a mode that we do and then take out. Everything we’ve done the last two to three years has been through the lens of preparing ourselves for the future and what’s to come so we can truly hit the ground running. In the end, what you’re going to end up with is the best ‘Madden’ on Gen-3, while we look forward to the future where we’re going to be able to do so much more, so much earlier on in the next console cycle because of the work we put in place.”

Stevenson on the current contract negotiations between EA Sports and the NFL to extend the exclusive license beyond 2013:

“We’re not able to comment on negotiations, but the NFL continues to be an amazing partner for us. When you think about some of the things we’ve brought to light together in the last couple of years, from the Pigskin Pro Am on NBC to the cover vote, and then we also have some new programs that we’re working on that you’ll hear about later. Our relationship is stronger than it has ever been, I’ll say that, but I can’t comment on contracts or rights.”

Stevenson on what EA Sports will call the “Madden” game in 2024, since “Madden 25” has already been taken:

“I’ll say this, this was a unique year, so just because we’re ‘Madden NFL 25’ this year doesn’t mean that we have to be ‘Madden NFL 26’ next year or even ‘Madden NFL 15.’ Who knows? This is a special year. This is the 25th anniversary, and we wanted to signal that right from the beginning, so whether it’s the cover vote or the ‘Anniversary Edition,’ for us, it’s a way of not only recognizing the innovation and the history, but more importantly, recognizing the passion of our fan base, because without them, we’d have nothing.”

PhxRam

I have not paid for NFL with redzone in probably 5 years. Screw that. If you are going to give new customers these great deals for signing on, you can be assured I am going to get the same deal after paying 156.00 each month since 96.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
PhxRam said:
I have not paid for NFL with redzone in probably 5 years. Screw that. If you are going to give new customers these great deals for signing on, you can be assured I am going to get the same deal after paying 156.00 each month since 96.

There are threads on this at the Herd every year. Nobody pays full price anymore. Just call and threaten to cancel and ask for the retention department and they will start throwing goodies at you until you say you'll stay.

The most hilarious thread in the history of that board was on this topic.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
PhxRam said:

There are threads on this at the Herd every year. Nobody pays full price anymore. Just call and threaten to cancel and ask for the retention department and they will start throwing goodies at you until you say you'll stay.

Yeah, I did it a couple of years too. Then last year I finally got sick of their shitty internet service (bundle) and all the freebies they were throwing at new subscribers, so I actually did quit. Let me tell you - I came pretty close to getting every premium channel for free before I left, so there's a lot they're willing to do for you if you take it to the limit.

PhxRam

LesBaker said:
PhxRam said:

I don't even threaten anymore. I just go right into my rant about neglecting loyal customers and after a few minutes I am usually taken care of.

I have been to the herd board maybe twice since the great Warner/Bulger debate. I know the debate is still ongoing, but when it first started to rear its head. That and the fact it seemed like every year everyone would have to resign up for some stupid reason.

It used to be a great board.. Now its garbage.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Yea but you gotta be willing to hold your ground and get the right retention agent. Seems male retention agents are more willing to hook you up with stuff the female agents fwiw been with DIRECTV for 10 years out of contract for 5 and I get a majority of new cust offers just by calling a special line they gave me as a "valued" customer the first time I threatened to quit in year 6. Prob cause I have their biggest package in 4 rooms protect plan and all premium Chan and never late on bill due to auto pay. I usualy pay around 90 a month way cheaper then I should lmao

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Alright....what happens if they can give me direct tv where I live and I want sunday ticket but I don't want their shitty service...

Can I still watch it on my computer?

PhxRam

HitStick said:
Alright....what happens if they can give me direct tv where I live and I want sunday ticket but I don't want their shitty service...

NFL.com has live streaming games (I believe) This is probably more suitable for your needs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
HitStick said:

NFL.com has live streaming games (I believe) This is probably more suitable for your needs.
Not until well after they're over.

I think you can still get Sunday Ticket on your comp if you live in an area that carries it, but I'm not 100% sure. Getting it on your comp would still be great if you can hook a HDMI cord to your HDTV from it.

PhxRam

I thought they had a live version.. My bad.

I know that you CAN watch live with xbox or a playstation

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:

Yup. I think it's about $300.00 though for PS3.

PhxRam

X said:
PhxRam said:

Yup. I think it's about $300.00 though for PS3.

Well damn man if you are going to shoot down all my suggestions

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
C'mon!!!!!!!!

Tell us we can just go see them play live so I can list the prices of plane tickets.

You're no fun.