All seven draft picks have agreed to contracts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
Memento said:
Huh. Five year deals for Austin and Ogletree...they must like them a lot; I don't even think Brockers got a five year deal last year.
Nope. 4 years.

That's 3 first rounders all entering FA at once. Yikes!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I think though that this group has a different way of handling their human resources and I wil bet they hand out a couple of extensions in year two and three to the guys who turn out to be stars and years three and four and five to guys who are starters but not superstars. If they know they have a playmaker they will lock his ass up with a deal and a big signing bonus.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CGI_Ram said:
PrometheusFaulk said:
I'll say it, I like the way these guys do business. Be diligent, do your homework, cancel all that outside noise, and when the iron is hot, strike that bad boy. None of this "contracts are trickling in" business, sign a 5th rounder today, 1st rounder next week, just get the OTAs in then get them all done at once.

Yes. I like that they get the guys through "rookie school" and financial education before offering the deals.

The ways these guys operate is so vastly different from the Martz-Linehan-Spagnuolo-Shaw-Zygmunt crap. So much more thorough and at such a higher level of cognizance that we have seen for a long time.

And boy as fans we deserve it eh!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:
CGI_Ram said:
PrometheusFaulk said:
I'll say it, I like the way these guys do business. Be diligent, do your homework, cancel all that outside noise, and when the iron is hot, strike that bad boy. None of this "contracts are trickling in" business, sign a 5th rounder today, 1st rounder next week, just get the OTAs in then get them all done at once.

Yes. I like that they get the guys through "rookie school" and financial education before offering the deals.

The ways these guys operate is so vastly different from the Martz-Linehan-Spagnuolo-Shaw-Zygmunt crap. So much more thorough and at such a higher level of cognizance that we have seen for a long time.

Well I do. :sly:

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
LesBaker said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
Memento said:
Huh. Five year deals for Austin and Ogletree...they must like them a lot; I don't even think Brockers got a five year deal last year.
Nope. 4 years.

I think though that this group has a different way of handling their human resources and I wil bet they hand out a couple of extensions in year two and three to the guys who turn out to be stars and years three and four and five to guys who are starters but not superstars. If they know they have a playmaker they will lock his ass up with a deal and a big signing bonus.
Agreed Les. We finally have football guys running this team, and not lawyers and bean counters.

GO RAMS!!!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
rickrawk said:
LesBaker said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
Memento said:
Nope. 4 years.

Agreed Les. We finally have football guys running this team, and not lawyers and bean counters.

GO RAMS!!!!

I think that we have smarter guys running the team. The whole idea of football guy is a media term I think. The guys we see running the Rams are just better because they are smarter at what they each do compared to the limited brain power of the recent past.

A accountant and lawyer are not the type of guys you want to run a team. Especially when someone like Previous Owner is writing checks. It's just not a good fucking combo.

I just get the impression that these guys are smarter. And also have you noticed a difference in Demoff? Doesn't it seem like he is blossoming right now where before you heard nothing from him and he seemingly had no say so or direction.

Good times are coming IMO.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamFan503 said:
LesBaker said:
CGI_Ram said:
PrometheusFaulk said:

Well I do. :sly:

Oh hell yes........I have said more than once I am glad they are totally reclaiming this ball club because they fucking OWE me for the 90s and for effing up the GSOT and then for putting together the worst 5 year span in the history of the sport.

I want what is coming to me lol.