All of Salas' catches last year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I put them in order, and you can hear from the commentary during the games that he was getting much better and becoming more important to the offense as time wore on. And then ... well, you know. This was recorded and uploaded in HD, so you might want to switch it to 720dpi after you press play, and then open it up to full-screen for optimum viewing. You might have to pause it and let it load a little because this is a 12 and a half minute video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBHhoGiuC7M[/youtube]
hd.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

great viewing man. thanks for putting that all together. the music at the end was a nice touch.

salas is a player. can't wait to see him in action this season. he's the kind of wr you want to see on the field for every play.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It just shows how important Salas was until...that happened. And some of the other commentary...

:cry:

paceram

Pro Bowler
X - Thanks for the Highlights! Salas really looks like he can be a huge asset to the Rams Offense if he can stay healthy! What are your thoughts on Austin Pettis? If Salas and Pettis can become the receivers many believe they can then along with Brian Quick, Chris Givens (much needed speed!), Steve Smith (If he can stay healthy!), Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson and Danario Alexander (Health?) the Rams WR position might not only be better than it has been in many, many years but actually could be one of the Rams strongest positions. Now, if the Rams OL can just give Sam Bradford time to throw the Rams passing game should be a lot of fun to watch this upcoming season!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
paceram said:
X - Thanks for the Highlights! Salas really looks like he can be a huge asset to the Rams Offense if he can stay healthy! What are your thoughts on Austin Pettis? If Salas and Pettis can become the receivers many believe they can then along with Brian Quick, Chris Givens (much needed speed!), Steve Smith (If he can stay healthy!), Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson and Danario Alexander (Health?) the Rams WR position might not only be better than it has been in many, many years but actually could be one of the Rams strongest positions. Now, if the Rams OL can just give Sam Bradford time to throw the Rams passing game should be a lot of fun to watch this upcoming season!
Truthfully, I don't know what to think of Austin Pettis. I know he has good hands, and he's the prototypical tall receiver who had high production in college, but I don't know where he fits in this offense yet. I also know he should never ever ever ever ever return punts or kicks.

There's a nice mix of potential at receiver right now, but that's all it is at this point. I can *envision* Quick, Alexander, Amendola, Salas and Smith as receivers who get a lot of reps, but I don't know how it'll all shake out. I'd like to see Quick and Alexander on the outside with Amendola and Smith sharing slot duties. That way you can rotate Alexander and Salas as the #1/#2 guy and interchange Amendola and Smith. But then there's Givens who was supposed to be a situational deep threat, but I keep hearing how polished his route running is, so he may get more time than we thought.

And then there's the tight-ends. Kendricks is coming along, so I'm sure they intend to move him all over the place to create mismatches, and they have a few candidates as the blocking TE at this point too. Ideally, I'd like to see Hoomanawanui back to full strength (and stay that way) so that Bradford has three legit targets on the shorter/intermediate routes. And then he can look to the outside real quick to Givens and say, "Oh wow - look at that dude running free!"

So ... yeah. I don't know how it's all gonna shake out yet.

Really looking forward to camp though. :nice:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I hope this guy makes it.

I also hope that Schotty doesn't call a bubble screen on 2nd/3rd and long.

Anonymous

Angry Ram said:

I hope he does if they have issues on a young offense and they know it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
Angry Ram said:

Meh. We've gone through this before, and we're going to disagree on it again. Which is fine. But, regardless of the situation, if we need 11 yards on 3rd & 11, then I want to see the ball travel 11 yards. That's one thing that infuriates me no matter which team I'm watching.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
Angry Ram said:

You know what's frustrated me on two of those plays. DX totally missed his blocks. Ugh..

X said:
Truthfully, I don't know what to think of Austin Pettis. I know he has good hands, and he's the prototypical tall receiver who had high production in college, but I don't know where he fits in this offense yet.

I also know he should never ever ever ever ever return punts or kicks.

Thanks so much for that! I love the cut-up you did of Salas!! I know it must've taken a long time...so thanx!
Can you do a highlights vid forPETTIS???? Pretty please????
Pettis needs some love too, I think!

Salas & Pettis had nearly identical STATS last season...
so the plays that Salas made - Pettis must have made throughout the season too.

Yet, Salas is the wonderboy and Pettis is the stepchild. Pettis' PR skills were not that bad avging 9yds /return....
and I think he was pretty shifty for being a 6-3 215lbs PR!!! Pettis just needed to know when to call FairCatch! lol
Pettis' lack of Fair Catching was oddly perceived, not as toughness- ie trying to make play.....but poor performance.
Pettis was just trying to make something happen for the team and didn't call Fair Catch....
(kinda like the Cards Peterson fielded that punt at the freakin' 4yd line....a big No-No by Coach Whisenhunt!!
but, then returned it 96yds for a TD that won the game)

Anyway, I think it would be very interesting to compare/contrast the highlights or Salas vs Pettis.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
X said:
Truthfully, I don't know what to think of Austin Pettis. I know he has good hands, and he's the prototypical tall receiver who had high production in college, but I don't know where he fits in this offense yet.

Thanks so much for that! I love the cut-up you did of Salas!! I know it must've taken a long time...so thanx!

Yet, Salas is the wonderboy and Pettis is the stepchild. Pettis' PR skills were not that bad avging 9yds /return....
and I think he was pretty shifty for being a 6-3 215lbs PR!!! Pettis just needed to know when to call FairCatch! lol
Pettis' lack of Fair Catching was oddly perceived, not as toughness- ie trying to make play.....but poor performance.
Pettis was just trying to make something happen for the team and didn't call Fair Catch....
(kinda like the Cards Peterson fielded that punt at the freakin' 4yd line....a big No-No by Coach Whisenhunt!!

Anyway, I think it would be very interesting to compare/contrast the highlights or Salas vs Pettis.

I totally agree with this...but the punt return was ninety-nine yards...

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Pettis is more of a 'long term' (unless upgrades are made) than DX, just because of the health. I want nothing more than for DX to be healthy and stay healthy, but we're starting to gather enough talent that we can go with other options that aren't walking time bombs. Those knees scare the hell out of me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
Can you do a highlights vid for PETTIS???? Pretty please????
Yeah, I've been working on that for about an hour. It'll be done sometime this afternoon.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Excellent work, X.

Salas is a very good example of a player who isn't real fast, but he plays full speed. He isn't real strong, but he runs with aggression. Hopefully, he has gained some upper body strength and improved his ball security a little.

He really seems to excel at the slot, because it utilizes his skills. He certainly gets the most out of almost every play, which is rare. He would have made a good running back with his innate vision.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pretty cool stuff. I think the kid will be pretty good - hopefully for US.

So was it just me or on several of those screen passes were our linemen running down field kinda aimlessly not blocking anyone? I suppose there is some value in a moving pick there but... Anyway, I'm probably making too much out of it and kicking a dead horse.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
zn said:
Angry Ram said:

What, slant routes are off limits to this team? Go routes too hard?

SunTzu.v.Camus said:
X said:

I wouldn't say "wonderboy" but Salas showed more before he got hurt than Pettis did all year. Salas' play was improving and he was a YAC man. Pettis, not so much. It also seemed like Salas was the guy you could feed the ball to.