“All inclusive mock”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
After reading reports, posts, and several extremely well thought out mocks (and all the accompanying comments), I have tried to construct a sensible mock that I would love.

First, I didn’t draft a CB because unless it was gonna be a lockdown #1, I didn’t see the point in bringing another guy like what we already have. Let those guys compete and bring in UDFAs for depth and STs.

Felt the same way about Safeties. Could see the Rams bringing in a vet if they don’t like what they’re seeing in camp.

I also kept in mind the Rams are rebuilding the offense as a priority, but have too many holes on defense to ignore.

I doubled up on the Edge and WR. Drafting a TE essentially doubles up there because Long was already added in the Ramsey trade. Though I only drafted one RB, the position will also be doubled after UDFA signings.

By now, most of you are probably familiar with all/most of these guys So here goes:

2/36: Tyler Steen, LT (bama) 6-6/321. Lot of experience and starts, just what the Rams like. Can also move inside. He competes with Jackson for LT, and one starts at LT and one starts at LG. Noteboom fills his most successful role as backup Tackle/spot starter.
*The Rams need only draft one instant starter to build around and more importantly, stabilize that OL. Offseason moves indicate it probably won’t be a Center.

3/69: Felix Anudike-Uzumah, OLB/Edge (K. ST.) 6-4/253. He’s got a big motor and multiple moves to rush the passer. This is a guy who can start day one while getting even better.
*The Rams can’t waste time. Getting a starter to replace floyd is imperative. There are several potentially good Edge players who may or may not be in this range but Uzumah is one more likely and IMO, one of the more promising for that role.

3/77: Luke Schoonmaker, TE (Michigan) 6-5/251. He has the size, the production, and some blocking capabilities. Surprisingly, for a class deep in TEs, not many check all 3 boxes as proven as a Schoonmaker. The Rams like him. His stock is rising. Grab him here.
*Likely the Rams are losing Hopkins and Higbee by 2024. They need a reliable weapon at TE who can hold his own in the run game. Schoonmaker fits.

5/167: Chase Brown, RB ( Ill.) 5-10/209. There are several talented RBs in this draft who could help the Rams. I like Brown in this slot if he’s still around. I know opinions will vary.
*No way the Rams are going without drafting a RB and I don’t know if McVay would be able to hold out much longer than this.

5/171: Villiani Fehoko, Edge/DE (San Jose St.) 6-4/263. Fehoko is gonna be a day 3 steal. He’s a big strong dude who would have been getting more attention if he played in a bigger conference, but then I couldn’t say he’s coming from my hometown of SJ, CA. He has been consistently productive throughout his collegiate career. Would love to see this guy get a shot at being a Ram. He’s been a day 3 favorite of ROD mocks.
*I know the Rams still have a few unproven long shots on the roster, but getting solid play on both ends of the LOS is needed if this defense is gonna stand a chance to NOT be a bottom third defense.

6/191: Matt Landers, WR (Ark.) 6-4/200. Size and lots of speed. Another productive season coming out (notice the theme?). He can stretch the defense and use his size. Do the Rams have a use for that?
*The Rams need to add some talent at WR because they don’t have a WR corps who would scare anybody and someone has to help take some heat off of Kupp. Robinson and VJ are probably gone next season, maybe sooner.

6/182: Clayton Tune, QB (Houston) 6-3/220. Ok, so I caved. You want a backup QB? Here he is. No QB at this point in the draft is without warts. Weaker arms mean backup and most guys here are just that, but Tune not so much. He’s a big strong guy with a decent arm. The best attribute for Tune is he plays tough and that’s a great way to win over the locker room if he is thrust into the starting role due to circumstances.
*The Rams cannot go into this season with Wolford and Perkins as backups. A tough rookie would be less deflating.

6/189: Ricky Stromberg, IOL (Ark) 6-3/306. It’s easy to see why he has been on several ROD mocks. He’s a proven starter at both Center and Guard. A legit interior swing guy at the next level.
* The Rams re-signed Shelton and restructured Allen. Drafting a starting Center seems a bit pie-in-the-sky right now, but the Rams should at least be prepared if Allen goes down and Bruss doesn’t develop fast enough.

6/191: Jake Moody, K ((Michigan). Bigger leg than most of the options coming out. Very accurate at 40+ (the $$ kicks). His % dropped because of so many attempts beyond 50 yards. If he can get better at those, the Rams might have a solid Kicker for a few seasons.
*Gay will end up being the most missed FA if the Rams don’t get this right, be it Moody or whomever.

7/223: Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR (W. Vir.) 6-4/221. Another productive player who also has considerable speed for his size. He would be a monster on special teams at the very least. He would essentially replace Harris as the ST and WR/TE tweener.
*The league is getting more and more big physical WRs who can run. It works. The Rams need one, especially in our division.

7/251 Shakel Brown, NT (Troy) 6-4, 299. The Rams are likely losing both Gaines and ARob. I know there are already 2 Browns on the roster, but this one might surprise you. Again, productive, but can his game make the leap?
*Clogging the middle plus a pass rush puts this defense in some good situations and can protect that young secondary.

There you have it. Hopefully something for everyone.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like many of the picks and glad you did not make 162 Trades, but I do believe there are some quality CB's available and believe the Rams need to draft at the very minimum one, if not two CB's. Realistically even if you drop adding one of the WR's, you could add a CB there.

Love the commitment to the Offensive Line plus the picks of Brown, Tune & Moody would please me immensely.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Based upon the prospect rankings I've seen, I feel as though your first two picks might need to be reversed, as FAU may not last to Round 3, while Steen may be available at pick 69.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Based upon the prospect rankings I've seen, I feel as though your first two picks might need to be reversed, as FAU may not last to Round 3, while Steen may be available at pick 69.

Funny you say that because that’s how I had it originally. I guess it depends on which mocks and rankings you like/believe the most.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I agree with AR, I haven't seen Steen that high in any mock. In fact, most of the time I see Steen as a 3rd-4th, which I think is appropriate. And, IMO, he is a guard at the next level. Very short arms for a OT. I do like him at guard, but, not in the 2nd and definitely not at 36 for me. Love the FAU pick and the doubling up with Fehoko who I think will be a steal. I'm not a big Chase Brown guy, think there will be much better options. Would really like Tune in the 6th and can't be mad about the best kicker in draft in 6th.

Thanks for the mock, I know these take forever to put together! :shitlogo:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I like many of the picks and glad you did not make 162 Trades, but I do believe there are some quality CB's available and believe the Rams need to draft at the very minimum one, if not two CB's. Realistically even if you drop adding one of the WR's, you could add a CB there.

Love the commitment to the Offensive Line plus the picks of Brown, Tune & Moody would please me immensely.

I really did look at CBs, but it came down wanting those top 3 guys ahead of any CB I thought would be there. Don’t get me wrong, I would be all for grabbing a guy like Cam Smith if he fell all the way to #36. I think he’s gonna be a good one.

Thanks for the feedback.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I agree with AR, I haven't seen Steen that high in any mock. In fact, most of the time I see Steen as a 3rd-4th, which I think is appropriate. And, IMO, he is a guard at the next level. Very short arms for a OT. I do like him at guard, but, not in the 2nd and definitely not at 36 for me. Love the FAU pick and the doubling up with Fehoko who I think will be a steal. I'm not a big Chase Brown guy, think there will be much better options. Would really like Tune in the 6th and can't be mad about the best kicker in draft in 6th.

Thanks for the mock, I know these take forever to put together! :shitlogo:

Yeah, it took longer than I thought. There’s at least 3 players I couldn’t fit in without assuming a couple trades. Tiny brain here, no trades.

As for Steen, I’m cool either way it works with him and Jackson anchoring the left side. The play action is the hallmark of the McVay offense and, of course, that starts with the run game.

I think there are better options at RB too—just wouldn’t want to grab any of them earlier if meant not getting the top three picks I listed.

Those guys (first three picks) have high floors—meaning they’re nfl ready and good coaching and experience will only make them better. There are too many holes to fill. To be swinging for the fences on picks that MIGHT turn out to be better, but it might take 2-3 years, I think would be an irresponsible gamble.
…so I decided to wait on getting a RB, limiting the choices.
Are there any you like who you think will still be there in the 5th when the Rams pick?

Thanks for the feedback.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah, it took longer than I thought. There’s at least 3 players I couldn’t fit in without assuming a couple trades. Tiny brain here, no trades.

As for Steen, I’m cool either way it works with him and Jackson anchoring the left side. The play action is the hallmark of the McVay offense and, of course, that starts with the run game.

I think there are better options at RB too—just wouldn’t want to grab any of them earlier if meant not getting the top three picks I listed.

Those guys (first three picks) have high floors—meaning they’re nfl ready and good coaching and experience will only make them better. There are too many holes to fill. To be swinging for the fences on picks that MIGHT turn out to be better, but it might take 2-3 years, I think would be an irresponsible gamble.
…so I decided to wait on getting a RB, limiting the choices.
Are there any you like who you think will still be there in the 5th when the Rams pick?

Thanks for the feedback.
Of course its hard to say who may still be there, but, I try to use some consensus approximations. I'm just not high on Brown at all. Guys I'd take above Brown with around 5th round projections:
R.Johnson, McIntosh, Z.Evans, E.Gray, K.Miller, Spears, Tucker

dang

Legend
Love reading mock drafts so thx. I like a number of your selections but if the Rams took Steen at R2.36 snd lost out on a stud Edge like FAU I’d kick my dog (who I love) and toss the 70” (which I also love) out the window. Everything I’ve seen indicates Steen is likely a late 3rd/4th rounder.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Love reading mock drafts so thx. I like a number of your selections but if the Rams took Steen at R2.36 snd lost out on a stud Edge like FAU I’d kick my dog (who I love) and toss the 70” (which I also love) out the window. Everything I’ve seen indicates Steen is likely a late 3rd/4th rounder.

I have read and seen that as well, but I have also seen Steen ranked higher than Uzumah. I believe Walter football has Steen mocked to the Rams at #36. Im cool no matter how we get both guys. They would be building blocks on both sides of the ball.

Just curious, how did you react when the Rams passed on a Center and picked Atwell? Did your dog survive?

Last edited:

dang

Legend
I have read and seen that as well, but I have also seen Steen ranked higher than Uzumah. I believe Walter football has Steen mocked to the Rams at #36. Im cool no matter how we get both guys. They would be building blocks on both sides of the ball.

Just curious, how did you react when the Rams passed on a Center and picked Atwell? Did your dog survive?
I had a cat back then. Easy choice.