All 22 with Will Witherspoon: Hill to Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
There's nobody close to Hill from the right side. Joseph's guy didn't get 1 yard off the line of scrimmage & Barksdale is his usual steady self.

Yeah, we can afford to let GRob learn from some outstanding vets instead of throwing him into the fire day one.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
There's nobody close to Hill from the right side. Joseph's guy didn't get 1 yard off the line of scrimmage & Barksdale is his usual steady self.

Yeah, we can afford to let GRob learn from some outstanding vets instead of throwing him into the fire day one.
My criticism of G. Rob in that play, is that he should have his head on a swivel, and look for late pressure inside...which burned him a couple of times in the preseason. It's OK to help. it's not OK,...ever, to let a guy beat you inside.

SierraRam

Recreational User
My criticism of G. Rob in that play, is that he should have his head on a swivel, and look for late pressure inside...which burned him a couple of times in the preseason. It's OK to help. it's not OK,...ever, to let a guy beat you inside.

Agree. Either he or Stacy could have helped Wells. His guy was the only one close to Hill

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Man oh man ... when I watch stuff like that, I've just gotta believe that if our OL can stay reasonably intact, we have a chance for a pretty good season even without Sam.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The other thing I notice on this play is something people have been clamoring about for awhile. You see both wideouts drawing the safeties wide, and if you watch Austin, he is BEHIND the LB, and was coming WIDE OPEN. While Hill made a nice throw to Britt, this is the type of play that having consistent production from big wideouts like Britt and Quick will open things up for Austin and Cook in the middle of the field.

If Hilll had looked at Austin and thrown the ball to him as he cleared the LB, it would have been an even bigger play. And just an example of things to come.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The other thing I notice on this play is something people have been clamoring about for awhile. You see both wideouts drawing the safeties wide, and if you watch Austin, he is BEHIND the LB, and was coming WIDE OPEN. While Hill made a nice throw to Britt, this is the type of play that having consistent production from big wideouts like Britt and Quick will open things up for Austin and Cook in the middle of the field.

If Hilll had looked at Austin and thrown the ball to him as he cleared the LB, it would have been an even bigger play. And just an example of things to come.
Because they need the safety attention, they are so big, and it's good game planning, spreading the field. Agreed, someone should always be open, and we finally have guys who can either win man on man, or get open.

Match-up problems, something we are built to create now.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Because they need the safety attention, they are so big, and it's good game planning, spreading the field. Agreed, someone should always be open, and we finally have guys who can either win man on man, or get open.
The strong safety was preoccupied with Cook, the play side LB was focused on Stacy, and Austin has nothing but green in front of him. gotta love the design of this play.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The strong safety was preoccupied with Cook, the play side LB was focused on Stacy, and Austin has nothing but green in front of him. gotta love the design of this play.
Loved it, and I saw a lot more of that type of thing in the preseason. It's been a while since I've seen so many guys open. I hope it stays a while, LOL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pre-snap read, find the iso-matchup, throw ball....

Boom.

Now all we need is for the receivers to win those one-on-ones.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
More I watch it. If the ball would have went to TA it would have to come out with no air under it before TA hits the first hashmark. TA would have caught it before the second hashmark and then nothing but endzone. The LB is no concern since he;s not a fast mover, He couldn't have made a play on the ball in time. Waiting till TA was at the second hashmark and really open it would have been a much harder throw because of the angle, more air and the short side CB would have redirected to TA.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I hope to see these kind of well designed plays on Sunday.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
More I watch it. If the ball would have went to TA it would have to come out with no air under it before TA hits the first hashmark. TA would have caught it before the second hashmark and then nothing but endzone. The LB is no concern since he;s not a fast mover, He couldn't have made a play on the ball in time. Waiting till TA was at the second hashmark and really open it would have been a much harder throw because of the angle, more air and the short side CB would have redirected to TA.
Either way, the key is the space Austin had. Which is all anyone and everyone has been whining about Schottenheimer not being able to do with/for Austin. This is a case of it happening, but going unnoticed by many, because the ball wasn't thrown to him.

I think Schottenheimer catches a lot of flak, but it still comes down to execution. Same thing could be said about Quick and his "development" last year. There were plenty of instances like this, that people just didn't notice because the ball was never thrown to him. But somehow that comes back to Schottenheimer.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-9-6_21-36-28.png

next