All 22 View: Tavon’s Austin’s 60-Yard Run

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Nice run by Tavon. But do you see at the point he stumbles, even with that stumble he was better off taking it inside and bursting with speed. My money is on that he would have gone untouched for a TD. But he went back out to the sideline. Even though he mistakenly went to the sideline he still had an opportunity near the end to cut left clear across field and run past the 3 Bengals that were pursuing.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And who is that blocking on the edge? The same guy that led him in to the end zone. Can 89 get a little credit here for throwing a couple of good blocks? He always gets trashed about his blocking, he should get credit when he gets it done too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And who is that blocking on the edge? The same guy that led him in to the end zone. Can 89 get a little credit here for throwing a couple of good blocks? He always gets trashed about his blocking, he should get credit when he gets it done too.
He's definitely a better downfield blocker or move TE than an inline blocker.
Please don't let him be an inline blocker anymore.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yep, for sure.
He made an excellent block on Austins TD run as well....allowed him to score. That drive was as much Cook's as Austin's.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's definitely a better downfield blocker or move TE than an inline blocker.
Please don't let him be an inline blocker anymore.
And true. I noticed him on that play. A very good, legal block. Hard to find in THIS NFL. For some reason, WR's get away with murder on downfield blocks.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Man, i really wish the Rams could have brought Anquan Boldin to St Louis a few years ago. For many more important reasons...but also because he can run the wildcat quite well. He was a spot duty QB his final season at FSU. This modern NFL needs more players like Boldin.

Anyway, too late now for that.

WvuIN02

Starter
Not too many guys who are freaks of nature like Anquan or Hines Ward. Ward was another QB type who would go out and smash people in the mouth blocking(ie Ed Reed)

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Awesome run. But it's telling that the offenses best plays this season have come from these gimmick-y type sets. Can't we just get a normal 10 play drive for a TD? It's either a 3 and out, a turnover, or some amazing 50+ yard homerun play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not too many guys who are freaks of nature like Anquan or Hines Ward. Ward was another QB type who would go out and smash people in the mouth blocking(ie Ed Reed)
Good call on Ward too. Tough SOB's all around who could back it up on the field. Defensive players like that are plentiful but it's rare to find offensive skill guys who are straight up beasts.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I was thinking that Cook had a good game myself

RamzFanz

Damnit
Nice run by Tavon. But do you see at the point he stumbles, even with that stumble he was better off taking it inside and bursting with speed. My money is on that he would have gone untouched for a TD. But he went back out to the sideline. Even though he mistakenly went to the sideline he still had an opportunity near the end to cut left clear across field and run past the 3 Bengals that were pursuing.

You know, I saw the same thing but I think the stumble led him to the outside. At the end, that would have been cool, but TA never does that if he thinks he could be taking a full speed hit. The secret to TA staying healthy at his size has always been avoiding the big hit. That cat knows thyself and acts accordingly. He's one of a kind.

What I love is he's always coming up behind blockers and pushing them like "get going dammit, hit him!"

Besides, if he did that half the forum would be admonishing him for "dancing" and not lowering his shoulder and bowling over guys 100 Lbs heavier than him.