All-22 breakdown of Everett catch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i mentioned before the season started that we should try everett at fb. they say he is not a great inline blocker but giving him a run at a block seems to help. plus it is another look for defenses to prepair for and he seems to get wide open out of that formation

Tano

Legend
Did anyone notice that Blythe completely missed his block on that running play.

Henderson had a hole that was completely taken out when Blythe missed his block.

I think Blythe is doing okay this year but if we had an average center instead of just an okay center which is where I believe Blythe is at, our running game would be even better than it is now.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Every time Everett and Hendo touch the ball, I cringe in anticipation of a fumble. Is it just me?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Every time Everett and Hendo touch the ball, I cringe in anticipation of a fumble. Is it just me?

I do with Everett. He runs like a violent running back after the catch, but he keeps pumping both arms while holding the ball between hand and his biceps. Even right after fumbling, he still doesn't protect the ball. But he sure is exciting with the ball in his hands.

TexasRam

Legend
Everett is the Noteboom of TE’s. Lots of talent but he misses block after block which, if you watch closely, you will notice is often a big reason for plays getting blown up. He also fails to secure the ball when catching and running. Everett is an excellent option in the pass game but man is he frustrating. His technique never developed and now he is in year 4.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Did anyone notice that Blythe completely missed his block on that running play.
He's tons better than last year but yes. A plus center would really make this line something. His main problem is power, he just gets moved at times. But also he's slow to his assignment in general too when it's guys in space.

Remember that six yard deep stuff of Brown on the swing/delayed bubble pass? That was basically one block away from being a really big play. Blythe's block in fact...

Pre-snap Brown in backfield, he will fake a block then release outside. DB who has man resp on him is marked.
1602746695468.png

Corbett has a reach block here. So Blythe's responsibility is to contain 93 so Corbett can take him, then get second level on 20 (who is spying Brown). So far so good.
1602746873793.png

Blythe should disengage here (to get in 20's face) and let Corbett drive him but he hangs around.
1602747053329.png

Another view. And check out that lane down the left sideline IF Blythe can get on 20.
1602747147864.png

Brown is at the line and is starting a jump cut to the edge here. 20 knows what's coming. Blythe is still fucking with a guy that Corbs has locked up.
1602747226445.png

Too late holmes...
1602747291885.png

-6 yard stuff. Imagine if 20 had been blocked. Big plays in this offense tend to happen when everyone executes their assignment. Just a simple delayed screen but sooo close.
1602747401320.png