Alaska?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Was it the same thing in, say, 2002?
I've been up here since 74...only 2 when family moved up. It's been majority Seahawks gear in stores for as long as I can remember. After that I'd guess Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, 9ers, Pats... It was nice during GSOT era to finally see some Rams gear in stores.
It seems we're a rare breed up here though......maybe there's more closet fans than meet the eye....but it's generally a "you must be cool...your wearing a rams hat" moment when we run into each other, followed by a "are there more of us out there?"......We're like Bigfoot and unicorns....maybe we're just good at hiding.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've been up here since 74...only 2 when family moved up. It's been majority Seahawks gear in stores for as long as I can remember. After that I'd guess Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, 9ers, Pats... It was nice during GSOT era to finally see some Rams gear in stores.
It seems we're a rare breed up here though......maybe there's more closet fans than meet the eye....but it's generally a "you must be cool...your wearing a rams hat" moment when we run into each other, followed by a "are there more of us out there?"......We're like Bigfoot and unicorns....maybe we're just good at hiding.
You guys should have a football team. Like the Anchorage Yetis.
Open stadium concept, of course, for the righteous home field advantage during playoffs.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Open stadium concept, of course, for the righteous home field advantage during playoffs.
No, no. I find the use of the name Yetis offensive. That reminds me too much of my mother-in-law!!!!;)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I knew I liked AK a bunch! I enjoyed every second of my vacation RV'ing around the state!

Wonderful people!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Alaska is Rams country mostly because until I had to retire in 2013, I lived in Anchorage for 35 years...I bough a boatload of Ram stuff..Then my son joined in..Obviously Alaskan Ram certainly did his fair share or more...

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I can see the Nevada thing with a lot of 'Luck' jerseys being sold in Vegas... (see what I did there??)

But a lot of these are head-scratchers... are there any Rams actually from Alaska?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
It's Seahawks by a landslide in Alaska.

Unfortunately, that's absolutely true, but there were/are quite a few Rams fans..I used to go to Hooters on Sunday morning to watch the Rams and there were several Rams fans there on a regular basis...It's all a geographical deal with the Albatross idiots...

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

I think there are a lot of "closet" fans, which amuses me. In the GSOT days, my (Seahawk fan) buddy, (we probably rode 30,000 miles together all over the west in the 90's), remarked to me, "Where are all these Rams fans coming from - we haven't run into ANY in the last ten years".

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
From "Bigfoot and Unicorns" to "Yetis"......Ha! Either I planted that seed subliminally, or you are excellent at mental hitch-hiking. I could use you in our boardroom brainstorm meetings at work.