Akers to miss week 16

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Just saw on NFL.com

EE43D970-1155-4068-B4BE-FF95F841D7DE.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
High ankle is not good just in terms of how long they can go on. This is a big hit to this team when they just got him rolling.

Seattle just breathed a sigh of relief too IMO. Big opportunity for Hendy hope he can take advantage we're gonna need it.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Henderson and Brown were effective early this season. Just have to hope that they can get it done.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rested, tanned and ready... ~ Zack Stacy

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Woods is a nice runner and will pitch in too.

(y)

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Green acres is the place to be... Ok, sorry, old reference. Next man up.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Anyone want to call up Tre Mason? You think he's ready?
Man did he fall of a cliff mentally.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Hendy can really hit the hole when it is there.

But Akers was getting really good at being patient and setting up the blocks to create a hole.

I haven't really seen that patience from Henderson.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hendy can really hit the hole when it is there.

But Akers was getting really good at being patient and setting up the blocks to create a hole.

I haven't really seen that patience from Henderson.

It's vision, Akers has it, Henderson not so much, however, you're correct, Henderson is more explosive and IMO, McVay just needs to give Hendy more carries to get into a rhythm, plus Henderson catches the ball well, however, McVay does not trust Henderson with pass protection and that's why you will see Brown in their more often on passing downs.

The other issue with Henderson, is the more you use him, the more prone he is to getting dinged up. He's like that nice sports car you store away for the winter, but when you bring it out in the summer, you still can't put many miles on it.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I like both of our RBs when they are on the field. I don't like how both of them are seemingly always banged up. Henderson and Brown are a very capable duo and, in fact, we among the league's best early this season. I prefer Akers to Hendo, but we should be fine at RB provided Henderson stays healthy (which is unfortunately a dice roll).

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
It's vision, Akers has it, Henderson not so much, however, you're correct, Henderson is more explosive and IMO, McVay just needs to give Hendy more carries to get into a rhythm, plus Henderson catches the ball well, however, McVay does not trust Henderson with pass protection and that's why you will see Brown in their more often on passing downs.

The other issue with Henderson, is the more you use him, the more prone he is to getting dinged up. He's like that nice sports car you store away for the winter, but when you bring it out in the summer, you still can't put many miles on it.

Agree. I'm not comfortable with the load being placed on Hendo and Brown. Love Hendo's abillity and am cheering for him, I just picture him getting stuffed early and McVay going away from the run like what happened in an earlier game. I should probably picture his breakaway runs instead and be positive. But I can't help but feel that with the upset loss to the Shits it's looking like the Rams have (mis)played it into the sea-cocks hands. That loss gave them life and confidence, while the Rams need to shake off the embarrassment and play with fire up there to offset.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I’m old enough to remember when Henderson was leading the team in rushing and getting high marks from PFF.