Aj Jenkins/Jon Baldwin trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
(August 19, 2013 12:04 PM EDT)
49ers acquired WR Jon Baldwin from the Chiefs in exchange for WR A.J. Jenkins.
A knucklehead on and off the field in K.C., Baldwin has just 41 catches for 579 yards (14.1 YPR) and two touchdowns through two NFL seasons. He's already dropped three passes in the preseason, and Baldwin's proneness to drops has often been the result of his attempts to one-hand catches for inexplicable reasons. He just turned 24, however, and talent has never been the factor holding Baldwin back. The trade looks better at surface level for the 49ers. While Jenkins is a frail wideout who noticeably shies from contact, Baldwin at least has a chance to be rehabbed if he buys into Jim Harbaugh's program. Harbaugh has a pretty good track record of turning past disappointments into players. (E.g. Ahmad Brooks, Michael Crabtree, Alex Smith, Carlos Rogers, etc.)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Trade you my headache for yours."

"Done."

iced

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/chiefs-49ers-swap-disappointing-draft-picks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... aft-picks/</a>

The Chiefs were tired of waiting on Jon Baldwin, and the 49ers were tired of waiting on A.J. Jenkins.

So naturally, they traded their problems for one another.

The Chiefs announced the deal of former first-round wide receivers, with the 49ers getting the 26th overall pick in the 2011 Draft for the 30th overall pick in the 2012 Draft.

It was becoming clear that the 49ers were souring on Jenkins of late (he had one catch in the preseason, and fumbled it), and both teams are banking on the fresh start being worth something.

Baldwin was also in the doghouse for his inability to catch the football, which remains one of the prerequisites for his job.

While the new Chiefs administration didn’t draft Baldwin, giving up on Jenkins is a painful admission for the 49ers, and a reminder that in the NFL, smart guys miss too.

I actually think niners come out on top with this trade

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/chiefs-49ers-swap-disappointing-draft-picks/

The Chiefs were tired of waiting on Jon Baldwin, and the 49ers were tired of waiting on A.J. Jenkins.

The Chiefs announced the deal of former first-round wide receivers, with the 49ers getting the 26th overall pick in the 2011 Draft for the 30th overall pick in the 2012 Draft.

It was becoming clear that the 49ers were souring on Jenkins of late (he had one catch in the preseason, and fumbled it), and both teams are banking on the fresh start being worth something.

Baldwin was also in the doghouse for his inability to catch the football, which remains one of the prerequisites for his job.

While the new Chiefs administration didn’t draft Baldwin, giving up on Jenkins is a painful admission for the 49ers, and a reminder that in the NFL, smart guys miss too.

I do too. He's a full 4 inches taller and just as athletic (if not more).
That said, if neither can get their minds right, then they'll both flame out.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
iced said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/19/chiefs-49ers-swap-disappointing-draft-picks/

I do too. He's a full 4 inches taller and just as athletic (if not more).
That said, if neither can get their minds right, then they'll both flame out.

That's what I think will happen. They both have serious issues with motivation - or lack thereof.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So they'll each be trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

:yawn:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Sounds like an Alex Barron for Barbie Carpenter trade.

V3

Hall of Fame
X said:
max said:
Sounds like an Alex Barron for Barbie Carpenter trade.
Yeah it does.

I at least think Baldwin has a chance to contribute. Jenkins will be out of the league in a year. 49ers got the better end, just like they did when they traded Smith to K.C. for two 2nd rounders. Smith wasn't worth that.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Baldwin will be a stud and it sucks. He suffered in his growth due to poor coaching. I really think he can become a stud. He has very a very similar skill set to Brian Quick.

This trade bums me out a bit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HitStick said:
Baldwin will be a stud and it sucks. He suffered in his growth due to poor coaching. I really think he can become a stud. He has very a very similar skill set to Brian Quick.

I liked this post.
And then I unliked it.

Just so you know...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
AJ Jenkins... Wow! What a massive whiff!

I think the 49'ers got the better deal. At least Baldwin has done something at the NFL level.

Then again; for KC to trade Baldwin for Jenkins shows exactly how high they were on him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Memphis Ram said:
Wanye Hunter for Jason Smith.

Could there be an Isaiah Pead for __________________ ?

Honestly; I could see this happening.

V3

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
Memphis Ram said:

I don't think they'll want to admit their mistake until next year. I could be wrong though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
V3 said:
CGI_Ram said:
Memphis Ram said:

I don't think they'll want to admit their mistake until next year. I could be wrong though.

I'm not ready to call Pead a mistake. I just think his value is still there and we are probably okay without him at RB.

So, trade him away for depth elsewhere.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
X said:
HitStick said:

I liked this post.
And then I unliked it.

Just so you know...

Indian giver.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
HitStick said:
X said:
HitStick said:

I liked this post.
And then I unliked it.

Just so you know...

Indian giver.
"Native American" giver.

And deal with it.