Air Quality for Sunday's Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Air is pretty damn awful over almost the whole state of California.

Here’s some drone footage of the skies over San Francisco, set to the music from Bladerunner 2049. The sky was freaking orange all damn day on Wednesday, it was surreal.

Hope the air quality is manageable enough in LA to play the game. But if not, I can see the logic of not exposing your multi-million dollar athletes to toxic air.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gO2W93nrBg0

That is a no shit unfiltered view.

Waking up to that in a mind fog makes you look for the Mars Rover.

I learned iPhones have a white balance that can't take that kind of picture.

Thanks for sharing. It would be hard to believe. Biblical.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
All I say is My heart feels for all those effected hurt etc etc by the fire and prays go out for them.

Not to be rude, but F a football game, is it more important than folks burning losing everything losing their families.

I feel you brother. People are not forgotten.

We were watching this sunset the other night that was so beautiful unlike one I had seen like that before. And our thoughts were at the price of others.

Beauty most often has its price. My heart is heavy. Our community got hit hard.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Air is pretty damn awful over almost the whole state of California.

Here’s some drone footage of the skies over San Francisco, set to the music from Bladerunner 2049. The sky was freaking orange all damn day on Wednesday, it was surreal.

Hope the air quality is manageable enough in LA to play the game. But if not, I can see the logic of not exposing your multi-million dollar athletes to toxic air.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gO2W93nrBg0

That was Wednesday which was orange to say the least, however it has been steadily improving, at least in Orange County (23 miles south of Ingleweird)

I see very little chance the SOFI game is affected, we’ll see

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I feel you brother. People are not forgotten.

We were watching this sunset the other night that was so beautiful unlike one I had seen like that before. And our thoughts were at the price of others.

Beauty most often has its price. My heart is heavy. Our community got hit hard.
I'm kind of a part time Zealot and all my life I;ve had flashbacks...I drove down 395 from Nevada going to LA and all I can think about when the NEWs talks about 2 plus million acres has burn., is the people, the Redwoods which to me are magical etc etc Cali has some enchanting places...

And my mind just thinks of people dying in fires and the burning....I Pray every day/night for it to end for you guys....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Also, a number of players have pre-existing conditions that put them on the injury report if the particulates get above a certain number. I know the game is cancelled/relocated over 250, but I was reading that a number of players are out at the 150 mark.

So even if the games go on, there will be some scratches. That’s more of an issue for the SF game as the AQ is supposedly worse there and they have several players on their roster that are in that situation

EasyE

Starter
Good thing they didn’t put a roof on that stadium. Everyone knows that the LA air is always so great. As a kid, I used to cough myself silly after a baseball game. I’m sure it has improved some, but man.....

if there is one place that needs an enclosed dome, you would think it would be in LA....this seems like a major screw up....lol

fearsomefour

Legend
Good thing they didn’t put a roof on that stadium. Everyone knows that the LA air is always so great. As a kid, I used to cough myself silly after a baseball game. I’m sure it has improved some, but man.....
The air was terrible in 70s and 80s with air pollution.
A constant layer of brown/yellow smog.
It is much better now.
The concern with Sunday of course is because of the wildfires and the massive smoke.

fearsomefour

Legend
Also, a number of players have pre-existing conditions that put them on the injury report if the particulates get above a certain number. I know the game is cancelled/relocated over 250, but I was reading that a number of players are out at the 150 mark.

So even if the games go on, there will be some scratches. That’s more of an issue for the SF game as the AQ is supposedly worse there and they have several players on their roster that are in that situation
Good to know they have a measure.
I thought about Bettie and his asthma.
Remember that Steelers player, a S I think, who couldn’t play in Denver because of the elevation?
It’s interesting.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Most of the west, just not California.
I'm aware of the whole western US. THIS picture was to show where I'm at in SoCal (Close to our game location). I'm sure it's actually worse elsewhere up north.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm aware of the whole western US. THIS picture was to show where I'm at in SoCal (Close to our game location). I'm sure it's actually worse elsewhere up north.
Yep.
I think everyone got the context.
I was just commenting how wide spread it is, it’s crazy.